How many more gates is there gonna be for these GL’s?

Prev1
First you tell us that we will need 17 toons. Then it dropped to 13. Then you say not all will need relics, only to change your mind and slap us with the all relic requirement, to include controversial toons. Now, according to the lame state of the galaxy, we are now gonna need “tickets” to play the event that you haven’t even figured out how we are gonna “earn”. It feels like you are making things up as we go along. Right now, I expect a bug filled mess coming. Stop with this drip drip drip of info and just lay it out!

Replies

• They are making it up. Seems they thought it would be hard for people to meet the requirements and they are doing it faster than expected so they keep changing the requirements for their own personal gain. Should be fun to see what is next.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • "We hope this gives you an idea of how hard our artists have been working to make these Galactic Legends special!"

"Hard working"

Looooool
  • Cant wait to be able to buy the tickets with GET currancies
  • This whale only content guys. Don't sweat it. It's a different tier of the game.
  • Why not just make it that once you’ve got 13 of each g13 relic 5-7 characters and you’ve earned the 300k or whatever ridiculous amount of tickets required is to take part in the event, that then you have to buy shards with a new currency of get which you earn at 10% of the rate of get2.... then just turn off the lights at the office and never worry about posting another stupid update on forums ever again. Cheers CG you absolute tools
  • If you’re wondering. You’re going to have to relic 7 Rose Tico.

I would put money on it.
  • If you’re wondering. You’re going to have to relic 7 Rose Tico.

I would put money on it.

It will be relic 3 tops, but relic Rose nonetheless, which makes me sad.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Cant wait to be able to buy the tickets with GET currancies

GET? No, it will be crystals. Or money: hyperdrive bundle part 2, 10 tickets for 100 €.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    As ftp we will be able to get 1 ticket a week to try the event once, which will be super difficult and have more RNG than tier 4 of GAS event

As whale you can of course get more tickets . Whales will get lots of tickets refreshes
  • Ok, the gating of these characters is starting to get a little irritating. My ‘excitement’ over these events is getting lower and lower the more it appears as though players are making fast enough progress through the internal requirements CG has set so that whatever their in-house goals are for progression or returns isn’t lining up; therefore they need to slow things down even more, or make them more expensive to get so that players who want these characters within an ‘enjoyable’ /relevant timeline feel extra pressure, since otherwise it’ll be a really long time before anyone that’s F2P, or even low level whale or dolphin can get the GLs.

1st, they raise the gear requirement for all necessary characters.

2nd, they will almost certainly require (prove me wrong CG, and restore my faith in humanity) a 7-Star Raddus, which means at BEST 20 shards a month. Do the math, see how long it’ll take to 7-star that from 4-stars...

3rd, very powerful characters like the Revans required farming with crystals and possibly even packs in a moderately high amount to unlock the first time around due to the character requirements (Hero Poe and Finn anyone?), and even though these events will be accessible from the start and not go away, it’s still the same or worse than those legendaries or epic confrontation characters (I suspect). I’m not yet seeing how for the average player each GL character will take shorter than 6 months to a year to unlock...EACH character.

4th, now they need another anchor to progress in the way of a new type of TBD ticket...seriously?!

I could say more, but is anyone actually listening? CG’s mindset appears to be pretty set in stone these days when it comes to what the player base wants (example, 5-star epic unlocks not going away and that’s the end of it sort of stuff in spite of player feedback). Who is at the helm of this ship these days and when will they start caring less about the bottom line and more about what the player base wants?
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Cant wait to be able to buy the tickets with GET currancies

You wish. Money or nothing.
    CGs way
  • No telling how many more gates. They aren't done yet.
  • None of this sounds fun. At all. Arent games supposed to be fun? Have you all lost sight of the whole point of this? Sure, make money, but make an enjoyable experience for the millions of star wars fans that want to be part of an interesting collecting game. @CG_SBCrumb come on, is this really what this should all be about? Is this what you want to be remembered for?
  • I am still trying to catch up on my shard from 1.5 years off. I am 1.3 years back now I think. These walls seem to only make it harder. I'm still missing both Revans.
    With a CLS team and developing Padme team as my core, the game doesn't make much sense. These aren't complaints so much as facts for my account and roster.
  • You will probably have to pay a flat $1000 just to activate the GL after you earn the shards...
  • 1 Galactic Legend = 200K useless GP

Approx.
  • People say it's whale only content ... That would be great if they were populating the game with ANY other content!!! Seriously we just got a new movie... And only one character (Sith Trooper) all the others could be EP 8... Where is Vet Lando, Admiral Pryde, Babu Frick, Zorii Bliss, General Leia, Knights of Ren, Vet Wedge... Or any of the other characters??? Would it have killed them to dump five marquee toons on us from the new movie? Something besides the ever moving goalpost of GLs?
  • Not knowing how people are gonna earn these “tickets” and the drip drip drip of info makes me think that that “5 year plan” was a huge lie and you guy are indeed just limping along and trying to get as much cash as possible doing absolutely nothing until it all come crashing down. Games in a bad spot, PR wise and we need some more info to put all this into perspective. Tell us what coming really soon thats NOT GL related. We (dolphins and below) NNNNNEEEEDDDDD something to get excited about, because GL’s are no longer within reach.
  • By doing 3 things they can ensure panicked farming 100% of the time

First yes that are making it up as they go

Next yes they release it piece by piece

Then finally going back on what they said and changing things.

Result is unlimited panic farms occuring all the time and they never even have to release anything so theres no bugs to deal with.

I imagine the next 6 months goes like this

1) Reveal a requirement
    2) change a requirement
    3) Add a new requirement
    4) Change requirement above if enough people have met this requirement already

Repeat

There are 2 events with 4 phases in each and likely many battles or challenges yet to be added. Lots of stuff to add or make up still.. Plus the 13 characters although I beleive its 17 we will need its just we dont have 4 of them yet and they removed those slots to make us feel better in the meantine.

We can probally get tickets for the event before we can play the event then they can see how many tickets people get and monitor it then change the tickets needed for the event.

Who know maybe even earning tickets will be behind paywalls like you need relic jawas to earn tickets one week then the next week you need relic rebels and they rotate who you need.
  • spacemonkiee
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    It funny that people think CG is adding more gates to make unlocking these characters harder, and as such more exclusive. But the only reason they keep adding gates is because players are spending up big to open them quickly. The more gates they add, the more money they make. They know they are onto a real cash grab and will do anything to drag it out until every wallet is empty.
  • Until players will stop paying and gearing up characters in advance they will not stop making our life harder,i'm ok if you wanna spend your money in this game as a hobbie,no judgeing at all in fact i can thank you for supporting the gama so far,but right now you are hurting you and the game more the supporting it by accepting these terms on your money,there were always paywalls but make a count about how much money you spended 2 years ago and how much you need to spend today,and what do you get in return.Help yourself and the community by saying no when is not fair anymore.
  • As many as it takes to make sure no one ever gets them without spending probably
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    This whale only content guys. Don't sweat it. It's a different tier of the game.

So why not reveal it all so others don't waste their time?
  • I am still trying to catch up on my shard from 1.5 years off. I am 1.3 years back now I think. These walls seem to only make it harder. I'm still missing both Revans.
    With a CLS team and developing Padme team as my core, the game doesn't make much sense. These aren't complaints so much as facts for my account and roster.

If you took 1.5 years off, you are still 1.5 years behind. The only way to not be as far behind is if you are now spending money that you would not have spent had you not taken 1.5 years off.
  • I am so happy, that I really, really don't care for Rey or Kylo! 😋 (just to wait and see what GL comes from the "Clone-Wars"-timeline 😫)