Drop rate SO BAD!

I've played long enough to know some days are good, others bad.... but 2020, nearly ALL of 2020, has been bad... Did CG nerf drop rates to promote $$$ revenue in app purchases? Anyone heard anything? Look at this crap from today!
vd5a727c1bo7.png
54jjf10zauak.png
jpvsxq4np6hs.png

6 out of 45 = 13%
and I'm 1 out of 25 for Zombie this week!!!!

Again, has anyone heard of any drop rate changes recently?

Replies

• I used to think this as well, so I tested it myself. Ended up with a 35% drop rate over the entire farm. Granted it totally sucks getting 1-2 per 15-20 battles, but it works out in the end. Try it yourself, track your drops everyday on a new toon, start to finish.
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    I've played long enough to know some days are good, others bad.... but 2020, nearly ALL of 2020, has been bad... Did CG nerf drop rates to promote $$$ revenue in app purchases? Anyone heard anything? Look at this crap from today!
    vd5a727c1bo7.png
    54jjf10zauak.png
    jpvsxq4np6hs.png

6 out of 45 = 13%
    and I'm 1 out of 25 for Zombie this week!!!!

Again, has anyone heard of any drop rate changes recently?

There are not and never will be droprate changes, please stop perpetuating this idea
  • 25% means that eventually, it will even out to 25%. some days it might be 50%, others might be 10%. but in the end they will equal out to 25% eventually.
  • Some farms definitely end up being worse than others. I farmed two nodes at the same time, each with one character and one ship and they all finished at random time, with the last one having 70 shards left after the other 3 finished. Not saying it rigged that way, just saying some farms don't align with the 33% people suggest.
  • Some farms definitely end up being worse than others. I farmed two nodes at the same time, each with one character and one ship and they all finished at random time, with the last one having 70 shards left after the other 3 finished. Not saying it rigged that way, just saying some farms don't align with the 33% people suggest.
    Show your data.

All claims of drop rate variance have something in common: vague data based on memory, or data from a tiny sample size.

Drop rates have not been reduced. Period.
  • PhatPat84 wrote: »
    Don't know that drop rates have changed but saying they even out over the course of a farm is NOT TRUE. I started juhani and carth onasi on the same day,15 sims a day. There is quite a difference between the two. Carth drops have been appalling.xm6aatys3syt.png
    The problem is we don’t know how many days you’ve been doing it, your drop rates on Juhani might be extremely good, while Carth below average...

Over 4yrs, seeing multiple different players record their data, it does even out at around 33% (it’s actually a bit below 33% but for arguments sake let’s call it 33)

Now if Carth was around 40% (totally not unreasonable) and Juhani was 25% (again, not totally unrealistic) you find the medium between the 2 and where does it land... 33%

It averages out, not all farms are 33% guaranteed, some are higher, some are lower, but across the numbers, it’s 33%...
  • spacemonkiee
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Some farms definitely end up being worse than others. I farmed two nodes at the same time, each with one character and one ship and they all finished at random time, with the last one having 70 shards left after the other 3 finished. Not saying it rigged that way, just saying some farms don't align with the 33% people suggest.
    Show your data.

All claims of drop rate variance have something in common: vague data based on memory, or data from a tiny sample size.

Dude, I never said they were.

In statistics it's very common to see variances on the average, some above the average, some below. I'm simply saying that in my experience I encountered one that was lower, much lower, which may also be the case with OP.

Ever heard of a bell curve? Geez.
    Show your data.

In statistics it's very common to see variances on the average, some above the average, some below. I'm simply saying that in my experience I encountered one that was lower, much lower, which may also be the case with OP.

I teach Maths for a living, so you don’t need to mansplain anything to me.

But you saying “some farms definitely end up being worse than others” contains at least one word that is misleading, at the very least.
  • PhatPat84 wrote: »
    Checked my discord. I started on December 10th.
    So that's 68 days x 15 drops = 1020
    Juhani is 31.96%
    Carth is 26.37%
    Now carth is fleet. Does that matter. I don't know. Maybe fleet nodes drop is worse. Someone may know better than me.
    Those 2 numbers above don't add up to 33%.
    So saying it all evens out in the end is incorrect. Unless all nodes are interconnected, which they aren't as far as I am aware.
    This isn’t how statistics work.

The drop rate averages at 33% (actually think its 32%, based on data gathered by Planet Coruscant) across all attempts by all players.

Somewhere out there is a lucky player who’s had slightly higher drops than you.
    Show your data.

But you saying “some farms definitely end up being worse than others” contains at least one word that is misleading, at the very least.

Look, obviously a message on a forum can lead to miscommunication, especially since Maths is you strong suit, not English, so long story short...

Some farms good. Some farms bad.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There's your answer:
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    .... some days are good, others bad....

Show your data.

Look, obviously a message on a forum can lead to miscommunication, especially since Maths is you strong suit, not English, so long story short...

Some farms good. Some farms bad.
    *your strong suit...

I can’t disagree with you. It’s not the same message as the OP’s message, though.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow you had one bad day and immediately thought the world went against you.

Just a tad bit overdramatic don’t you think?

Can you read? I posted words too, not just pictures. I said all of 2020 has been bad for me. I even said I know there are ups and downs, and hen I asked a question.... but I guess you missed all of that huh?
  • Do you have anything more concrete than “nearly all of 2020 has been bad”?
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, I've removed a few comments. Let's keep things clean, constructive, and on-topic. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz