Tickets = Shards

Prev1
The Galactic Legends were supposed to be 7* unlocks, unlike GAS who needed us to farm GET for shards.

But now we learn that we’ll need tickets to play the event, which we’ll have a chance to earn daily, to have a chance to get the shards.

So once again, after baiting whales to invest in the gear prerequisites, we’ll end up with yet another monumental grind for shards/tickets. It doesn’t matter what you call them, the end result is the same.

It’s GAS MK2.

Times 2.

Replies

• They really don’t seem to care if people are gonna quit or not..
  • I’m not up in arms until we hear more on this.
    Could as well be limiting people to something like 5 attempts or day to limit the mass of ppl grinding the event for 12 hours waiting for good RNG with barely viable toons.

On the other hand, if you need 100.000 tickets to complete event and can only earn 100 tickets pr day, I’ll be happy to rant with you.
  • spacemonkiee
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    My thinking is that it's designed to limit the number of under geared attempts, which suggests that the teams entry level won't be enough to clear it first try.

You won't be able to spend hours restarting battles when RNG doesn't go your way and try and try again until you finally get lucky. There's a really good chance you'll either need full relic 7 teams or the patience of a saint.
  • My thinking is that it's designed to limit the number of under geared attempts, which suggests that the teams entry level won't be enough to clear it first try.

You won't be able to spend hours restarting battles when RNG doesn't go your way and try and try again until you finally get lucky. There's a really good chance you'll either need full relic 7 teams or the patience of a saint.

At this point i don't know which is the better option,relic everything at r7 to pass it or passing it with minimum requirements and haveing to farm the shards.
  • Lose lose by my calculations, and CG knows it.
  • It’s not incompatible.

Traya is a 5 star unlock. You still need to accumulate the shards to unlock her.

As for spending, you should never do it until you have the entire picture.

• I think they decided to release some piece of info about GL little by little because if they would reveal everything about it right away everyone would boycott or quit the game
  • My thinking is that it's designed to limit the number of under geared attempts, which suggests that the teams entry level won't be enough to clear it first try.

How exactly can we try this with undergeared characters when most are required to be R5 to R7? There’s basically no more room to gear characters beyond the minimum requirements.
  • I think they decided to release some piece of info about GL little by little because if they would reveal everything about it right away everyone would boycott or quit the game

But the really funny thing is that it just makes them look like they are making it all up as the go along. 😂
  • spacemonkiee
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    My thinking is that it's designed to limit the number of under geared attempts, which suggests that the teams entry level won't be enough to clear it first try.

How exactly can we try this with undergeared characters when most are required to be R5 to R7? There’s basically no more room to gear characters beyond the minimum requirements.

I'm just comparing it to past events. Entry to an event does not guarantee a win. If you need relic 3 - 7 characters my guess is that you'll really need them all maxed to get it done sooner.

While if they limit attempts by forcing you to farm tickets, it will take good RNG and multiple tries before a minimum gear team can get the win.

It's just one more tactic to increase spending. CG in a nutshell.

• How exactly can we try this with undergeared characters when most are required to be R5 to R7? There’s basically no more room to gear characters beyond the minimum requirements.

whoa whoa whoa there... where did they say the toons we are supposed to take to R7 are the ones needed for the event? All they said was we needed them at specific levels to meet the pre-requisites to open the event. For all we know, there will be another collection of toons to actually play the event.
  • I don’t feel that this element will increase spending- it may relax it slightly?
    It will slow down the rate at which legendaries hit the arena, like the MKs did and reward the players who have gone beyond the relic recommendations.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Azza wrote: »
    As for spending, you should never do it until you have the entire picture.

If you want those tickets you need to finish the prereqs first.

Yes just get 26 characters to r7 so you can start collecting tickets. I doubt they will let us earn tickets if we have not met all of the requirements and that means for Rey and Kylo otherwise people can meet one requirement then start to horde tickets.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    The Galactic Legends were supposed to be 7* unlocks, unlike GAS who needed us to farm GET for shards.

But now we learn that we’ll need tickets to play the event, which we’ll have a chance to earn daily, to have a chance to get the shards.

So once again, after baiting whales to invest in the gear prerequisites, we’ll end up with yet another monumental grind for shards/tickets. It doesn’t matter what you call them, the end result is the same.

It’s GAS MK2.

Times 2.

um, what? source? oh, this is your guess.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

It’s GAS MK2.

Times 2.

A fairly reasonable guess I'd have thought.
    What do you think?
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    They really don’t seem to care if people are gonna quit or not..

Because they know people won't quit.

It's like this literally every time they release a major piece of content.

Oh no! The whales will quit! They're milking us one last time before they shut the servers down! IT IS THE END TIMES

They know you're all just throwing a tantrum and you'll settle down a week after the event goes live. And of the tiny, tiny fraction of people that truly do quit, half of them will come back within 6 months.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi wrote: »

It’s GAS MK2.

Times 2.

Let's put it this way:
    When we look at how similar events (ie legendaries) are structured, they also gave us shards after certain requirements (though at an unlimited rate)
    Ergo, the GL's would be unlocked through various stages, requiring all 13 characters/ships at each individual point unlocking at say, 80~ shards per stage complete (taking 330 shards to make a 7* character).
    That's the basic reasoning behind the event structure.
    Now when you add tickets (read: a limitation on participation) on top of that... it all becomes ridiculous.
    If a ticket guaranteed a 7* unlock, then it would just mean that there wouldn't be a need for tickets in the first place. If the game had a function where we could use all characters and ships at once, there wouldn't be a need for shard unlocks.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    If a ticket guaranteed a 7* unlock, then it would just mean that there wouldn't be a need for tickets in the first place. If the game had a function where we could use all characters and ships at once, there wouldn't be a need for shard unlocks.

This scans with an impressive degree of confidence, considering that it makes no sense.

All tickets mean is that you'll have to use all your shiny relic FO/Resistance dudes to complete some sort of task to earn shards. It can still be a 7* unlock, you just won't get all the shards at once.

It seems like they're just trying to find a way to keep everyone and their mother from unlocking this stuff on day one. Is this the best way of doing it? I dunno, maybe, maybe not. But at least they're trying to find a way to stretch content out instead of what we've previously gotten, which is "every whale unlocks the new shiny immediately and dominates for 6 months uncontested."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

It’s GAS MK2.

Times 2.

A fairly reasonable guess I'd have thought.
    What do you think?

I don't see a point in them making tickets a long slog. I mean, I don't really see the point for tickets at all. maybe it's to keep people engaged in other aspects of the game? idk.
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

It’s GAS MK2.

Times 2.

Let's put it this way:
    When we look at how similar events (ie legendaries) are structured, they also gave us shards after certain requirements (though at an unlimited rate)
    Ergo, the GL's would be unlocked through various stages, requiring all 13 characters/ships at each individual point unlocking at say, 80~ shards per stage complete (taking 330 shards to make a 7* character).
    That's the basic reasoning behind the event structure.
    Now when you add tickets (read: a limitation on participation) on top of that... it all becomes ridiculous.

still not seeing the problem with tickets, or, as you noted, the need for them, but see above
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

But the really funny thing is that it just makes them look like they are making it all up as the go along. 😂

If it walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck......
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I just need a lot more info on this before I can make my opinion on it:

1. Are we going to be able to earn gear with shards?
    2. How many shards do we get for each successful event completion?
    3. How many tickets needed to launch the event?

etc

If we can also earn gear along with Rey / Kylo shards for clearing the event each time then I don't mind this bogged down release structure
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I just need a lot more info on this before I can make my opinion on it

That's not how the Hot Takes Forum works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What if you need GL Rey to get GL Rey. And you need GL Kylo to get GL Kylo. That would be hard.

Or maybe GL Jedi Luke, coming soon in... 2021? 2022? We'll get back to you after an internal review.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    What if you need GL Rey to get GL Rey. And you need GL Kylo to get GL Kylo. That would be hard.

I expect you need GL Rey to get GL Kylo and GL Kylo to get GL Rey.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What if you need GL Rey to get GL Rey. And you need GL Kylo to get GL Kylo. That would be hard.

Or maybe GL Jedi Luke, coming soon in... 2021? 2022? We'll get back to you after an internal review.

I’m guessing we will need every skywalker.

So, GL Rey, EC GAS, CLS, FB Luke all max relic

Then like 12 others
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    What if you need GL Rey to get GL Rey. And you need GL Kylo to get GL Kylo. That would be hard.

I’m guessing we will need every skywalker.

So, GL Rey, EC GAS, CLS, FB Luke all max relic

Then like 12 others

Plus Ebon Hawk... because why not?