The Great Bluff of 2020

Whitefly425
90 posts Member
edited February 2020
I watched Cubs video with the $50K whales yesterday for context. The best piece of info I got from the video was one of them stating either CG is retooling and that’s the reason for lack of content or there is nothing significant coming because of old framework. So not even the whales and krakens have any insight into why they should keep spending. I’m a spender and I salute the whales and krakens for keeping this thing afloat. I appreciate CG needs to cater the difficulty to the top 1% of players, that’s just and fair. But, if spenders don’t have any challenge or stuff to do...they stop paying attention and stop spending.

A couple of things have stood out to me about Galactic Legends.

1. Why give any lead time on the GLs if they’re persistent? There were players ready for the event before Christmas. We don’t know if the Raddus is required yet, fair enough. But the first two phases have a player base that are ready now.

2. Why gate accessibility behind tickets? GLs are essentially the “high rollers” table in Vegas. If you’re free to play all the way to baby whale, your efforts don’t matter anyway so why make the mega spenders wait?

3. We’ve gotten a little philosophy behind GLs, two at a time, only one per team, dark versus light. But the important question is what will the GLs be used for in the future? Will you need prerequisite GLs to unlock future GLs? Any communication around these questions would be great.

My question to the community is, do a majority of us think CG is bluffing in 2020?

I will continue to spend but I’m getting more concerned there isn’t any thought beyond Rey and Kylo. It explains the lack of news.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• They 100% are bluffing.

I mean it’s halfway through February and we’ve gotten,

RH Poe & Raddus - Both still P2P

2.5 months and we got two little things? ok...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I was going to say this thread won't age well but then I remembered that no content they could possibly make will count as new content.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No new content (x)
    No contents I want (o)

I remembered that when solo scoundrels hits, some force fanboys crying "no content" ATM.
    And the samethings happens when we have OR...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I watched Cubs video with the $50K whales yesterday for context. The best piece of info I got from the video was one of them stating either CG is retooling and that’s the reason for lack of content or there is nothing significant coming because of old framework. So not even the whales and krakens have any insight into why they should keep spending. I’m a spender and I salute the whales and krakens for keeping this thing afloat. I appreciate CG needs to cater the difficulty to the top 1% of players, that’s just and fair. But, if spenders don’t have any challenge or stuff to do...they stop paying attention and stop spending.

A couple of things have stood out to me about Galactic Legends.

1. Why give any lead time on the GLs if they’re persistent? There were players ready for the event before Christmas. We don’t know if the Raddus is required yet, fair enough. But the first two phases have a player base that are ready now.

2. Why gate accessibility behind tickets? GLs are essentially the “high rollers” table in Vegas. If you’re free to play all the way to baby whale, your efforts don’t matter anyway so why make the mega spenders wait?

3. We’ve gotten a little philosophy behind GLs, two at a time, only one per team, dark versus light. But the important question is what will the GLs be used for in the future? Will you need prerequisite GLs to unlock future GLs? Any communication around these questions would be great.

My question to the community is, do a majority of us think CG is bluffing in 2020?

I will continue to spend but I’m getting more concerned there isn’t any thought beyond Rey and Kylo. It explains the lack of news.

1. I would guess very few have all the first batch of reqs done now, let alone before christmas. We also don't know the rest of the requirements yet. If it's all the other chars relic'd plus the new ones and the (new/) ships, I would also guess there is a miniscule # of players ready. As such, this is an event for mega whales. I believe this is a payoff to whales, as GAS wasn't available to people who just spent, or to people who had the rews but didn't spend (ftp). GL's can be gotten for $ alone iirc.
    2. they say tickets will come from normal stuff. Doesn't seem to be a big deal, and we have no idea if there is a "wait" yet.
    3. meh

bluffing? lol how is this even a serious question. I guess there are people who think CG is just trying to trick people into one last spend before they shut this massive cash cow down, is that it? Greedy CG is so greedy that they will stop the money train? hmmm...seems legit.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Shaddes wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I was going to say this thread won't age well but then I remembered that no content they could possibly make will count as new content.

Except The promises of the new ship raid, new challenge tiers, new mythic tiers, new game mode that has some sort of sandbox attached to it, etc.. all this was talked about in recent Q and As. [Removed - CM]

Ship raid - no date was promised. Early 2020 targeted.
    Challenge tiers - one delivered, more coming per datamine
    Mythic tiers - not promised
    Sandbox or other game mode - not promised
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Most likely they say radius is not needed and GL will not be needed to unlock future content.

Then they change their mind and add radius to unlock the GL and require GL to get the next GL

This is how devs have treated this kind of stuff in the past
  • TVFs points are legit, complaints should be more specific.

What I’m really getting at are new game modes requiring wholly new coding. Adding tiers to existing content or a sandbox in existing content are not new. It required minimal effort on CGs part. I’m not complaining about this content more is better.

I guess they have a ship raid coming but there is no proof other than their post in the fall that they would look into a new raid after the new year. They have fallen behind on ROS and Mandalorian content. Additional tv shows are on the way as well. New raid looks like a possible summer or even early fall proposition until CG states otherwise.

The fact that they are so focused on GLs looks like a stalling tactic because either their new content is extraordinarily behind schedule or they haven’t started on anything new. Their latest rinky **** newsletter states as much...

CG should look to BF2 for a good example of update newsletters.