Malevolence is the New Nightsisters?

Maybe this is new to me since Mal just finally showed up in my shard, but I hadn't read this anywhere yet.

Did we REALLY need another cheese gimmick where a character (ship) can stealth/invis behind a constant resurrection mechanic?

Just ran across Geo's hiding behind a constant stream of Fake Vultures to time out the match.

I must have killed 10-12 ships in 5 minutes, and timed out with a 1 red sliver Geo still hiding behind the most recent launched Vulture Clone.

Just plain BAD concepts here once again.

There are only so many AE's to go around.

I really hope they nerf this ****.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    While it can be annoying, I don't think it needs a nerf. Between aoe and assist calls Geo Spy shouldn't take many hits before going down.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the answer is probably the same as it is for nest. change your strat
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

You have great answers.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

You have great answers.

They aren't wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Maybe a better strategy is needed. Only hitting the auto-button or targeting without understanding the mechanics is not enough to win. Not always...
  • Maybe this is new to me since Mal just finally showed up in my shard, but I hadn't read this anywhere yet.

Did we REALLY need another cheese gimmick where a character (ship) can stealth/invis behind a constant resurrection mechanic?

Just ran across Geo's hiding behind a constant stream of Fake Vultures to time out the match.

I must have killed 10-12 ships in 5 minutes, and timed out with a 1 red sliver Geo still hiding behind the most recent launched Vulture Clone.

Just plain BAD concepts here once again.

There are only so many AE's to go around.

I really hope they nerf this ****.

I play nego. Never since I saw Malv on arena I lose to it. You do something completely wrong
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Male is a real offensive powerhouse (maybe going to be the MVP in the ship raid) but it really stinks on defense.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I must have killed 10-12 ships in 5 minutes, and timed out with a 1 red sliver Geo still hiding behind the most recent launched Vulture Clone.

SomePlainIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

If you'd taken 60 seconds to read Malevolence's kit you'd have figured out that killing the summoned vultures is the absolute worst thing you can do.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Jarvind wrote: »
    If you'd taken 60 seconds to read Malevolence's kit you'd have figured out that killing the summoned vultures is the absolute worst thing you can do.

And if you'd taken 60 seconds to READ & THINK, you would see that I said there was nothing left but Summoned Vultures and a HIDDEN/STEALTHED Geo Spy.

Which means you HAVE to shoot at the summoned Vultures or use AE's & as I stated, there are only so many AE's before you run out & are left with shooting Vultures.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

And if you'd taken 60 seconds to READ & THINK, you would see that I said there was nothing left but Summoned Vultures and a HIDDEN/STEALTHED Geo Spy.

Which means you HAVE to shoot at the summoned Vultures or use AE's & as I stated, there are only so many AE's before you run out & are left with shooting Vultures.

In that case you should try gearing up the pilots that have AOE's on their ships, really helps when attempting to kill stealthed ships.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Jarvind wrote: »

You were checkmate when you killed the last "regular" enemy and left stealthed Spy. Bad luck, no drama.
  • Cassian to the rescue! Reinforce. Select spy with mass-assist. Wipe hands. Walk away.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Cassian to the rescue! Reinforce. Select spy with mass-assist. Wipe hands. Walk away.

Thank's Vendi, This is good info.

My Cassian crew is still under geared so I don't always use him & will have Vader or Cad instead.

I will make sure to bring him in as final reinforcement specifically for this fight.

• Are you running Rebels or Negotiator? If rebels the only crew member that really really matters at that point in a battle is Cassian. Gear 11 crew ability is guaranteed critical on both the U-wing and the assist. So if you're Rebels, normally targeting the HMF to assist is enough to remove a ship from the battle.
  • Worth pointing out that Ebon Hawk also has a mass dispel on entry, and a rockin’ good basic attack (double tap that gives random buffed ally +15 TM each shot), likely has decently geared pilots if you are planning on unlocking (or already have him) Darth Revan, and is also required for the Raddus event.

Not that Cassian isn’t a great ship, but just a bit more of a niche fit with Rebels, Ebon Hawk is plug and play anywhere.
  • Is this post for real?

All your describing is an inability to take out geo spy hiding under stealth after taking a hit.
    Just time a big hit when he’s out of stealth or do aoe.
    Annoying but not hard.
  • Mupper00 wrote: »
    Is this post for real?

All your describing is an inability to take out geo spy hiding under stealth after taking a hit.
    Just time a big hit when he’s out of stealth or do aoe.
    Annoying but not hard.
    The irony is that his repeated AoEs are what keep Spy stealthed. :D
  • SparkyBurns
    519 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Anakin alone can wipe the floor with those vulture droids and anything hiding around them thanks to his AoE. Sure it is an annoying strategy to face if you don't have the right counters, but with them it isn't exactly difficult. And honestly it's nowhere near as tedious as facing a NS squad in their prime was
  • Anakin’s buff immunity and the problem solved.
    Seriously, what fleet are you using?