Unfair match-making

The match-making is a joke. They use “top 80” characters to try and hone in on who had the best roster so it isn’t overwhelming if someone has 500k more GP than you. But, when I have a 6* GAS and am facing every opponent that has 7* fully relic’d level 7 squads of Gas/501st the battle is already over if they set the team on defense.

The most broken character ever with an OP squad that I’m unable to beat on the front line... I might as well stop playing if I can only legit clear half the board.

GA/GAC used to be my favorite part of the game, but like everything else happening in SWGOH it has become unfair, unfun and uneven match ups.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Alternatively, you could beat your opponent's GAS with your counter. If it's not consistent enough, build it stronger. You can't really blame matchmaking for your choice not to.

https://swgoh.gg/p/196228411/characters/
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Alternatively, you could beat your opponent's GAS with your counter. If it's not consistent enough, build it stronger. You can't really blame matchmaking for your choice not to.

Whale harder they say. 😏
  • Arsenic710 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Whale harder they say. 😏
    Building a counter to a character that has been around for 5 months hardly requires whaling at this point.

Whale harder they say. 😏
    Building a counter to a character that has been around for 5 months hardly requires whaling at this point.

GAS didn’t need such a demanding counter when he was first released. 6* is no big deal for me to beat.

But a fully relic 7 squad of 501st takes quite a demanding amount of relics and mods to counter.

So let me dust off my OB and take him to r5 to make my rebels a hopeful chance. 👍🏼
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Arsenic710 wrote: »

Whale harder they say. 😏

Or make better use of what you already have.
  • Or make better use of what you already have.[/quote]

Let me know if you have the same advice for yourself when you unlock GAS and have to face him.

https://swgoh.gg/p/645592383/characters/

Top meta and OP squads like GAS are not as simple as “making better use of what you have.”
  • Posts like this would carry more weight if you also had posts like:

"My opponent was only able to clear half of my defense in GA. Match making is unfair because he had less top meta then me."

Remarkable how people only consider these things to be an issue when they lose.
  • BlackBart wrote: »
    Posts like this would carry more weight if you also had posts like:

"My opponent was only able to clear half of my defense in GA. Match making is unfair because he had less top meta then me."

Remarkable how people only consider these things to be an issue when they lose.

Thanks for the advice. FWIW, my opponent didn’t clear my board. Maybe he didn’t have enough top squads.
    9ms89cbwamr6.jpeg
    yq1205wlgeay.jpeg
    oh26x3qjowil.jpeg
    zwa0ctg0ydq4.jpeg

• And probably agreeable, that I set a pretty weak defense knowing that I’ll need all my best squads on offense.
  • I also love getting the comments from the people who more than likely don’t face GAS at all. Makes sense. But that’s what the internet is nowadays. I’ll put my 2 cents in on a topic, any topic, pick a topic. I’ve got an opinion.

https://swgoh.gg/p/971433313/characters/
  • I had a guildie who faced an R7 GAS. His was 6*. Any matchmaking that pits someone with a 37k+ GP character versus someone else who doesn't even have a single character over 30k needs some work. Counters work - but it's still a tremendous advantage.

I always find it amusing when people decide to argue that matchmaking works great - despite all of the clear and obvious evidence that devs are fairly inept about many of aspects of the game as shown by all the constant bugs, nerfs, "unintended interactions". Sorry, I find it very difficult to believe and accept that they miraculously got matchmaking right, in a constantly changing environment that didn't even include relics at the time. It needs a great deal of work. Claiming it doesn't is as misguided and naive as those who think drop rates are manipulated.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I had a guildie who faced an R7 GAS. His was 6*. Any matchmaking that pits someone with a 37k+ GP character versus someone else who doesn't even have a single character over 30k needs some work. Counters work - but it's still a tremendous advantage.

As it should be. We don't get meta toons to not have an advantage. Which isn't to say we shouldn't have to also face people that have meta squads, but those that don't have them do not deserve a handout.

Counters work. People should use them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 6* gas with relic clones can beat r7 gas with relic clones. I did that in arena before I got mine to 7*.
  • 6* gas with relic clones can beat r7 gas with relic clones. I did that in arena before I got mine to 7*.

Happen to have a video? I’ve seen it done when 6* Gas squad had 501st with higher relics, but not when already facing full r7 squads.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I had a guildie who faced an R7 GAS. His was 6*. Any matchmaking that pits someone with a 37k+ GP character versus someone else who doesn't even have a single character over 30k needs some work. Counters work - but it's still a tremendous advantage.

As it should be. We don't get meta toons to not have an advantage. Which isn't to say we shouldn't have to also face people that have meta squads, but those that don't have them do not deserve a handout.

So you should have the handout? What’s that old saying, the rich get richer...

Your advantage comes in arena for the maxed out meta squad. GAC is supposed to be competitive 1 on 1 matchups with players of the same competitive level.

And to reiterate again, the counters take extreme relics and mods.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ok don't work on them then.
    6* gas with relic clones can beat r7 gas with relic clones. I did that in arena before I got mine to 7*.

Happen to have a video? I’ve seen it done when 6* Gas squad had 501st with higher relics, but not when already facing full r7 squads.

Nope sorry. It was equal relics on clones with a 6* g11 gas vs a r7 GAS. Enemy AI is stupid and will trigger fives sacrifice on someone while you kill fives first and then remaining clones. At the end you use Rex his special to kill GAS. Its not pretty and will cost you points. But at least you'll be able to clear it.
  • TVF wrote: »

Maybe link your Swgoh.gg account so I can see your roster? Because I’m assuming with your attitude that you’re probably a big spender. There is a serious cost to making those counters work against full R7 501st squads. Especially for toons going past R5.

Some of us have to strategically upgrade characters to those types of levels. Even just to G12+5, then g13 is a lot. And, if I do upgrade to those levels, it will only put me against even stronger opponents.
    TVF wrote: »

This is a poor excuse, though, if you want to win in GAC.

Any smart opponent will beat you on efficiency the moment you are forced to mirror their GAS instead of having an alternate counter, so chances are your situation wouldn't look much better even if you had a relic GAS.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I guess this thread has taught me it's hard to beat a relic'd meta team with a 6* char team. themoreyouknow.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I guess this thread has taught me it's hard to beat a relic'd meta team with a 6* char team. themoreyouknow.gif
    This thread has taught me that facing a squad you cannot beat is a guaranteed loss and every time I managed it I was clearly dreaming. ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Or make better use of what you already have.

Let me know if you have the same advice for yourself when you unlock GAS and have to face him.

https://swgoh.gg/p/645592383/characters/

Top meta and OP squads like GAS are not as simple as “making better use of what you have.”

I'm not complaining here - you are. And yes, GAS has counters. You have at least 1 quite well geared counter. Try it out. If it fails, put some more relics or better mods on it. Blaming matchmaking for your own shortcomings is silly. It's hardly a Championship if wins are handed out to everyone and their grandmothers.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

It's fine that players who build a strong roster also have an advantage. Taking the advantage away would remove the incentive to build a strong roster from GAC.

Also having 12 mirror matches every GAC would make it boring.
    I always find it amusing when people decide to argue that matchmaking works great -

OP has a counter. He can't really blame matchmaking for not trying his counter out and build it stronger if needed. That's all I'm arguing here.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    This thread has taught me that facing a squad you cannot beat is a guaranteed loss and every time I managed it I was clearly dreaming. ;)

it was obviously consistent luck, bc that's how luck works lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

So you should have the handout? What’s that old saying, the rich get richer...

You and your opponent are equally "rich" (matching top-x GP).
    Your advantage comes in arena for the maxed out meta squad. GAC is supposed to be competitive 1 on 1 matchups with players of the same competitive level.

When did CG announce, that they GAC is supposed to have completely even matches only? Could you throw me link or a reference, please? 6* GAS with relic clones vs. 7* GAS with relic clones - that's fairly even. How's the rest of the two rosters?

To reiterate:

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Maybe link your Swgoh.gg account so I can see your roster? Because I’m assuming with your attitude that you’re probably a big spender. There is a serious cost to making those counters work against full R7 501st squads. Especially for toons going past R5.

Some of us have to strategically upgrade characters to those types of levels. Even just to G12+5, then g13 is a lot. And, if I do upgrade to those levels, it will only put me against even stronger opponents.

Upgrading your counter team to higher relic levels will make you able to beat 7* GAS while having your own GAS on defense. Your choice if you do it or not.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited February 2020

My gg is easily searchable.

And no I'm not a big spender. I'm strategic.
  • Arsenic710
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Thank you to WitnessedJarl who actually posted productive comments and didn’t just say “make your counter stronger.”

Thank you Nikoms for making the most sense because your right. EA/CG is completely inept to this game and the way it works.
    I also love getting the comments from the people who more than likely don’t face GAS at all. Makes sense. But that’s what the internet is nowadays. I’ll put my 2 cents in on a topic, any topic, pick a topic. I’ve got an opinion.

https://swgoh.gg/p/971433313/characters/

If you don't want people to comment on your thread, don't post it to a public forum. Besides, imo any thread that calls out mm being bad because of one singular character/team is not a valid complaint about mm, it is just a complaint about the poster not having developed their counter properly.

MM may not be perfect (what is?), but it does a much better job than it used to and imo does what it is supposed to do: match those with equal investment into the part of their roster expected to be used in the match.

My only wish is that they added more leagues to GAC (and probably a new division or two at the top end just to separate our the largest rosters). More leagues would help to differentiate those are more competitive in GAC, as currently the majority of players who participate are in the same league through the first few rounds, which doesn't truly separate players enough.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thank you to WitnessedJarl who actually posted productive comments and didn’t just say “make your counter stronger.”

He said that your 6* GAS actually can beat a 7* GAS. So, matchmaking is fine then?