Raddus Requirement

2Next

Replies

• They should have added in the Raddus requirement 7* Holdo.
    At least it would have made more sense than 7* Ebon Hawk

Why?

I have both those things at 7 star.... have for months

I was hoarding gear in case holdo was the captain... so now i have her at gear 12 too.

One day maybe ill zeta.... but im looking at FO GL first
  • I have only 2 ships not at 7 star. Hyena bomber and y wing.

Bomber is close to done and y wing is close to 5 star.

I farm them daily and i farm hux and sith trooper daily too.

Finished resistance xwing yesterday, just in time for this event. Took a few refreshes and a few store crystals to get the 21 blueprints i needed.

But its doable.

And with ships giving you fleet currency to buy zetas with and more crystals than regular arena.... why are you not focussed on ships?
  • They aren't even making sense with their requirements to try and screw over as many as they can. Bad guys

Wait for Jedi Luke to need Bistan, Gar Saxon and Bhodi

You don't have Bodhi yet.. dude get with the program, he's awesome... awesomely terrible that is... I did it for the shard shop currency. Maybe it will pay off, fingers crossed!
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Some people dont have Holdo 7* but they can unlock the Raddus
    Other people only dont have Ebon hawk 7* but they cant unlock the Raddus

The latter my case be
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    They aren't even making sense with their requirements to try and screw over as many as they can. Bad guys

How are we being screwed over? There aren't currently enough Res ships, and I'm glad they aren't relasing new marquees for us to farm.

They threw us a bone letting us use ships we already have...and still ppl complain

You don't think they run the numbers, and throw in the requirements most people don't have? Even if it makes no thematic sense?

If you have them all then well done you. I enjoy playing events that have some relation to a real star wars moment.

Remember that time a bunch of bounty hunters captured Chewie?
    Remember that time the rebels all fought EP and Vader in the throne room? How about the Phoenix squad?
    Remember that time EP, Vader, Thrawn, Veers and Starch fought the rebels in Episode 4?
    Remember that time Vader and all the bounty hunters fought the M Falcon in a big battle?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    They aren't even making sense with their requirements to try and screw over as many as they can. Bad guys

How are we being screwed over? There aren't currently enough Res ships, and I'm glad they aren't relasing new marquees for us to farm.

They threw us a bone letting us use ships we already have...and still ppl complain

You don't think they run the numbers, and throw in the requirements most people don't have? Even if it makes no thematic sense?

If you have them all then well done you. I enjoy playing events that have some relation to a real star wars moment.

Remember that time the rebels all fought EP and Vader in the throne room? How about the Phoenix squad?
    Remember that time EP, Vader, Thrawn, Veers and Starch fought the rebels in Episode 4?
    Remember that time Vader and all the bounty hunters fought the M Falcon in a big battle?

Vader actually sent Bounty Hunters to capture Han Solo and Chewie.
    The Rebels actually fought with Vader and Palpatine in the throne room.
    The Rebels actually fought with Starck and Veers on Hoth while the Phoenix crew fought with Thrawn on board of the Chimaera in SW Rebels.
    If you don't know what you're talking about or how to connect things you better stop trying to troll. In fact a lot of ships used for this event aren't related in any way so it's just a Marquee event with absurd requirements.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

Vader actually sent Bounty Hunters to capture Han Solo and Chewie.
    The Rebels actually fought with Vader and Palpatine in the throne room.
    The Rebels actually fought with Starck and Veers on Hoth while the Phoenix crew fought with Thrawn on board of the Chimaera in SW Rebels.
    If you don't know what you're talking about or how to connect things you better stop trying to troll. In fact a lot of ships used for this event aren't related in any way so it's just a Marquee event with absurd requirements.

So Vader sending BHs to get them is the same as all the BHs fighting them? Really?

I missed the part where all the Rebels were in the throne room fighting. I just remember Luke.

When in Episode 4 did EP, Vader, and the rest fight all the rebels? I just remember Vader.

You need a Star Wars refresher as your memory is horrible!

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    So Vader sending BHs to get them is the same as all the BHs fighting them? Really?

I missed the part where all the Rebels were in the throne room fighting. I just remember Luke.

When in Episode 4 did EP, Vader, and the rest fight all the rebels? I just remember Vader.

You need a Star Wars refresher as your memory is horrible!

All of this is related in some way and makes sense from a certain point of view. This whole thread on the other hand is not about units you 'can' use for this event but you 'have to' use and the requirements are simply nonsense as the ships are nowhere connected so stop tryharding.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Whatever, all I hear is you are willing to overlook other events issues but not this one. I will move along.
  • It's not my problem if you don't want to see why they have to alter some things to a degree and where the difference between this and just random nonsense is, have fun.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

I'm still farming EH also...but if not that ship, then what ship should be required instead? It's not easy, and not supposed to be. I'm just not undestanding what you want. Should the new capital ship just be given to everyone?

Didn't Raddus role Rebel also? Having a complete Rebel fleet and the Resistance fleet would've made more sense. I never wanted Ebon Hawk in my fleet. Now I am a month further away from unlocking RJT, and 2 months away from getting back to JKR farming
  • At this point i dont care anymore farming EH, Resistance and FO. I will just farm whatever i want and skip this GL. I ll just wait for an Empire GL
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

I'm still farming EH also...but if not that ship, then what ship should be required instead? It's not easy, and not supposed to be. I'm just not undestanding what you want. Should the new capital ship just be given to everyone?

I can only speak for me, but it seems like the new 'status quo' is new tons requiring teens worth of existing items to get them. Prior to malak, the bar had always been about 5. Malak 10, GAS, 13(maybe more)? Raddus, 13, the new ST toons, 13 (or more)...and then throwing ridiculous requirements on top of them..Relic'd resistance pilot?

Unless you're throwing money at it, it's hard enough to get toons to relic status in the first place, then to waste it on generic resistance pilot?

And i'd have to agree with the sentiment that they just looked for stuff most people didn't have as well. Every other event that's themed stayed within the them. Toons from TFA for Jedi Training rey, ANH heroes for Commander luke, etc. Ashoka? The clone wars version needed for the ST ship? HT which was only in clone wars as well i think, Ebon Hawk which was 1000 years or so prior to that. There's absolutely no connection.

The rationale i'm sure is most people don't have these so, it makes it even harder and makes them put resources into things they wouldn't otherwise....it's crass manipulation.
  • TVF wrote: »
    They should have added in the Raddus requirement 7* Holdo.

It would make sense to require a 7* toon for a ship event?

not sure why it's hard to get that people don't have a problem with the 7 star ship part. It's the part that that 7 star ship is from 1000 years prior to the ST and is completely unreleated.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They should have added in the Raddus requirement 7* Holdo.

It would make sense to require a 7* toon for a ship event?

not sure why it's hard to get that people don't have a problem with the 7 star ship part. It's the part that that 7 star ship is from 1000 years prior to the ST and is completely unreleated.

Sorry people farmed the wrong stuff shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Maybe they were trying for the Resistance feel of (very minor spoiler, it was in the trailer) the fleet of mismatched ships that appeared near the end of Rise Of Skywalker -while very much, I am sure, examining the metrics to use some of the least farmed ships (which makes sense from a business standpoint).

Second potential (and highly probable) spoiler - Finalizer is another event of the same type, it is likely also going to require all different 7 Star ships.

Pssst. There are only 4 FO ships... anybody wanna bet the other 3 are Sith fighter, Sith bomber, and emperors shuttle or something along those lines? (I still think that the Finalizer may well be the ep. IX version and will be tagged both FO and Sith)

Farm everything as aggressively as you can within the constraints of your budget/crystal income, then there aren’t as many “Unpleasant Surprises” in the game - shards will almost always be the most time consuming part of any Character or ship farm.
    It’s been my motto since near launch, and while I am a small spender, it has allowed me to at least attempt every Legendary/Journey/encounter release (Except Thrawn... couldn’t bust out Phoenix fast enough)the first time around - not saying I unlocked them, but at least I could try the event...

Don’t wanna blow up your GP? Don’t install the shards, just farm them and hoard enough credits to level and star up a few characters or ships on demand.

Ultimately,it is a collection game, collect the stuff! Just because there were disparate ships required for the event, there is no reason any first year player at the very least (Probably second year as well) couldn’t have had all these ships completed well in advance, if they didn’t - that was a choice to not farm them. Newer players might feel the squeeze more, but that will always be the case, you’ve had less time to collect stuff...