Give Us All The Details, Please

Prev13
The more the GL info trickles out, the more I have a bad feeling about it.

The latest tidbit talked about earning tickets for the event, AFTER beating the quests to unlock the event.

Can you please just tell us everything we need to know about this event already? Players are trying to make strategic decisions about these GL toons without even knowing how they will be unlocked, what the kits look like, or really anything other than that they are coming.

Can you please give us all of the details for these events and characters already? It is very hard to do anything other than hoard like crazy right now without knowing the basics. And yes, I mean the basics.

Right now it seems like CG is making it up as they go. Internal review that changes from not all toons needing relics to all toons needing relics. CG has basically admitted that they don't even have the character models finished yet. Tickets for the event. It is supposed to be a 7* unlock for the GL toons, but does that simply mean we can't unlock them until we complete the event X number of times through earning tickets?

A little bit of upfront, honest communication would go a long way right now.

Replies

• I'm not trolling, I feel the need to say that up front. But Everytime I see one of these posts I am always stuck on one set of words. Isn't any content creator, no matter what medium they used to put out info, making it up at they go along? And if that is in fact how content is created, how is it always used in such a negative context. I am making this post up as I go along. That said, I'm also not interested in seeing how the sausage is made. I would gladly take what little transparency we get from this company for something new to do in the mid range, not something I have to build towards but something that is finely tuned to the middle 50%. Because truth is I'm never going to be tip of the spray and neither are any of the people that I enjoy playing the game with. I'm a Timmy, and I quite enjoy being a Timmy.
  • I prefer this release method over releasing all the requirements 2 days before the event starts. It's like the movie trailers that tickle you
  • Here’s what I predict: it’ll be a four phase raid-like event, that you need tickets for each attempt. Let’s say it costs 10 tickets for 1 attempt, whenever you fail the first attempt, your next will let you continue from where you died. Each phase will be the 3 characters from each challenge, 6 of which have been revealed for each GL. And phase 4 will be the capital ship, +3 resistance or first order ships. The raid structure would also mean that it won’t be necessary to overgear, but it will help to unlock the legends sooner.
  • Vexed wrote: »
    Here’s what I predict: it’ll be a four phase raid-like event, that you need tickets for each attempt. Let’s say it costs 10 tickets for 1 attempt, whenever you fail the first attempt, your next will let you continue from where you died. Each phase will be the 3 characters from each challenge, 6 of which have been revealed for each GL. And phase 4 will be the capital ship, +3 resistance or first order ships. The raid structure would also mean that it won’t be necessary to overgear, but it will help to unlock the legends sooner.

I was thinking something similar...personal raid like. I have put in significantly less though than you have...but was thinking similar.

I am uninterested in any of these characters. But if there is new playable content, I'm totally interested.
  • I just want to know all the details for the event. The way this is being rolled out is like playing freeze tag with my kids. Every time you go to tag them, they pull some new "rule" out of their hats. I was excited when they announed the first tiers to the quests. Now? Not so much.
  • I just want to know all the details for the event. The way this is being rolled out is like playing freeze tag with my kids. Every time you go to tag them, they pull some new "rule" out of their hats. I was excited when they announed the first tiers to the quests. Now? Not so much.

Everyone wants to know the details. But we've already been given the timeline for that information: mid-March. Not sure why that's not good enough for you, really. I actually like the way they're rolling this out, keeping us from being overwhelmed by just dropping everything at once.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    I just want to know all the details for the event. The way this is being rolled out is like playing freeze tag with my kids. Every time you go to tag them, they pull some new "rule" out of their hats. I was excited when they announed the first tiers to the quests. Now? Not so much.

Everyone wants to know the details. But we've already been given the timeline for that information: mid-March. Not sure why that's not good enough for you, really. I actually like the way they're rolling this out, keeping us from being overwhelmed by just dropping everything at once.

You like the surprises like tickets now? I do not. To me it is continuing to move the goalposts.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    So basically what they've been doing so far?
  • StarSon wrote: »
    I just want to know all the details for the event. The way this is being rolled out is like playing freeze tag with my kids. Every time you go to tag them, they pull some new "rule" out of their hats. I was excited when they announed the first tiers to the quests. Now? Not so much.

You like the surprises like tickets now? I do not. To me it is continuing to move the goalposts.

They never set the "goalposts" so how can they move them?

As to the tickets specifically, I'm not sure I like them, but I don't know how that will work yet, so I'm withholding judgement.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Ya, cuz the relic requirement was honest and up front :/
  • GerTarrant wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Ya, cuz the relic requirement was honest and up front :/

Yes, it was. And as soon as they realized they were changing it, they told us. That's exactly what honest, upfront communication consists of.
  • What if they don't know all the details / requirements yet?
  • The more the GL info trickles out, the more I have a bad feeling about it.

The latest tidbit talked about earning tickets for the event, AFTER beating the quests to unlock the event.

Can you please just tell us everything we need to know about this event already? Players are trying to make strategic decisions about these GL toons without even knowing how they will be unlocked, what the kits look like, or really anything other than that they are coming.

Can you please give us all of the details for these events and characters already? It is very hard to do anything other than hoard like crazy right now without knowing the basics. And yes, I mean the basics.

Right now it seems like CG is making it up as they go. Internal review that changes from not all toons needing relics to all toons needing relics. CG has basically admitted that they don't even have the character models finished yet. Tickets for the event. It is supposed to be a 7* unlock for the GL toons, but does that simply mean we can't unlock them until we complete the event X number of times through earning tickets?

Things are developed. And then they are released.

The only way for them to give a full accounting of new content before it exists is to sit on content that's ready to launch for an extended period of time for no reason. That's not reasonable; and it keeps content out of our hands longer. Basically the only time you have devs who have a hard idea of exactly what's coming in what sequence in what form is games that have a divide between the Japanese and Global version with the Global version X far behind in content. That's not the case here.

Instead, communication means they're talking about plans currently in development and subject to change, and that they don't know all of the details yet themselves because they're still working on them.

As for the tickets? I really don't see why people are nervous about that. A limit on attempts will exist.

Every time an event drops, you have people trying and failing to lowball it when they aren't ready by bashing their head against the event for twelve hours straight several days running then complain about how RNG the event is. Remove the time constraint of the event only running a week or three days and you open the door to people bashing their head like that indefinitely.

Tickets stop that. How exactly will they work? We don't know yet. But if you're actually ready, it ain't gonna take many attempts, same as all the other events we've got, and if you're trying to lowball it and get lucky, that's going to be harder. Lowballing has always been bad advice for events anyways. I don't see what there is to be worried about there.
    Still not a he.
  • JarJarRequissa
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    i was excited for galactic legends when they came out. spent some of my hoarded resouces to get prereqs done for both fo and resistance round one. when round 2 came out my excitement dropped immensly and when i heard about tickets i started contemplating quiting when this event comes out. i should be able to beat at least one of them if not both but thats not the point to me. ive beat events in the past where i have had no fun and its been too long since ea/cg has done something fun for the players. i thought galactic legends was going to be something done for the players but it seems i was totally wrong.

im sure im not the only one that folllowed galactic legends this way and feel like the game developers took all the excitement away because of greed and ignorance. they simply either dont understand the playerbase or dont care about the playerbase.

everything they have said so far about galactic legends has been dishonest from the start.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Everything?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They can’t tell us what they haven’t figured out yet. This whole event is just them flying by the seat of their pants, making up things as they go. There was supposed to be a 5 year plan, yet they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”. There is no point to these forums if the player base just gets ignored. It should just be a bulletin board.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There was supposed to be a 5 year plan, yet they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”.

Source?

Them not saying yet /= don't know
  • JarJarRequissa
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    Everything?

from my point of view yes. i could be wrong or taking it a little to far but ea/cg has put themselves in this position by lying to the playerbase. changing relic requirements, claiming they are eliminating panic farm when they are greatly increasing the requirements that makes the panic farm a lot longer and more of a panic than before. instead of panicing for a couple days they are making us panic in waves and they changing their goalposts as they see us respond to their little tidbits of info. being 100% honest i dont know how anyone at ea/cg can sleep at night with the unmoral actions they have taken in the last year

added through edit: i should also say i thought things would get better when cg_carrie was replaced but overtime i see her main flaw as she was honest with the playerbase when the company wasnt and that upset the powers that be. so we dont even have someone who will be honest with us even if we dont like what they have to say.
  • Just my Guess

1 x Rey Ticket Cost 1000 GET1 and You will need 1000 Rey tickets to attempt each Star Level of Rey so 7k Tickets or 7 Million GET1

1 x Kylo Ticket Cost 1000 Get2 and... well you get the rest don't you?

Of course all in addition to Relic-ing 13ish Characters for each GL. Enjoy the farming!
  • TVF wrote: »
    Everything?
    claiming they are eliminating panic farm when they are greatly increasing the requirements that makes the panic farm a lot longer

"Panic farm" means you have to scramble to 7 star or gear up characters because you don't have enough advance notice and the event is only around for a short time before you have to wait another 3 months.

They're giving us over a fiscal quarter of notice and releasing the requirements in stages, and the event is always open once it goes live. This is literally the exact opposite of a panic farm. Is it a much more intense farm than we've gotten previously? Sure, but this is also the first event of its kind. Malak's requirements seemed crazy when he first came around too.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

There was supposed to be a 5 year plan, yet they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”.

Source?

They mentioned 5 year plan in some state of galaxy or some update post from many months ago. (I almost wanna say about 1 year ago).

Right now, it is feeling more like a final 5th year plan rather than a 5 more years plan.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Everything?
    claiming they are eliminating panic farm when they are greatly increasing the requirements that makes the panic farm a lot longer

"Panic farm" means you have to scramble to 7 star or gear up characters because you don't have enough advance notice and the event is only around for a short time before you have to wait another 3 months.

They're giving us over a fiscal quarter of notice and releasing the requirements in stages, and the event is always open once it goes live. This is literally the exact opposite of a panic farm. Is it a much more intense farm than we've gotten previously? Sure, but this is also the first event of its kind. Malak's requirements seemed crazy when he first came around too.

when hero poe and resistance finn are released into farm and the event goes live that to me will be another lie to the panic farm. your perspective is that of ea/cg which i do understand but at the same time the panic farm of tickets and other things added into this whole galactic legends fiasco is part of where the play on words of eliminate panic farm come from. like i originally stated ea/cg put themselves in this situation by trying to claim they are making things easier on the player base. tickets for a character event that you put all those resources into to get them to r5 and r7 is just stupid and takes away alot of the fun. but when has ea/cg cared about the playerbase actually having fun? yes is a business and they need to make money but they also need to deliver an entertaining product. id like for anyone to point to anything so far about galactic legends they have found fun. ya its not here but its been the main topic of focus for almost 2months now. panic farm means alot of different things and ea/cg miscommunicated and tried to make themselves look good. the old way was better becuase we didnt have to listen to ea/cg lies and fake promises so they can pat themselves on the back.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Event might have a ticket structure because it might reward gear, mod salvage, relic materials on top of character shards.

If so, it makes sense to limit the number of attempts for the event. It will also encourage replaying the event once you have the character unlocked.
  • CG are not being honest with us. They're being shady like they have always been. Leading us to believe that they have been listening to us by revealing requirements early, but adding more and more obstacles as the weeks go on. Dont even get me started on the ridiculously long time it will take to farm the capital ships, assuming you already have the obscure requirements for them.

They're after your pockets, nothing else.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    A4752375 wrote: »

Source?

They mentioned 5 year plan in some state of galaxy or some update post from many months ago. (I almost wanna say about 1 year ago).

Right now, it is feeling more like a final 5th year plan rather than a 5 more years plan.

That's not the part that needs sourcing. Refer to the rest of my post, the part you cut out.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Everything?

when hero poe and resistance finn are released into farm and the event goes live that to me will be another lie to the panic farm.

You keep ignoring the part where a panic farm requires you to finish by a set date. There's no set date for this. None at all.

Not to mention FO is already farmable so if you're going that route your complaint makes even less sense.

Source?

That's not the part that needs sourcing. Refer to the rest of my post, the part you cut out.

There’s no source, it’s just how I see it. It seems all shoot from the hip. You would think that GL’s would be 100% planned out before they unveiled them, but that wasn’t the case and that seems like poor planning.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Source?

There’s no source, it’s just how I see it.

Ok thank you for agreeing it's speculation.

Source?

There’s no source, it’s just how I see it.

Ok thank you for agreeing it's speculation.

Never said it wasn’t. Almost every post is speculation.