Give Us All The Details, Please

Replies

• Am I happy about any of this? No but what can we do. Try for these new toons or don't. My only 2 concerns is this:

If we meet the prerequisites, we better beat the event. Not rely on RNG or need to take those lower relic toons to R7. That will be ****

The second this is these toons better be worth the trouble they are shaping up to be. They better be extremely difficult to beat in arena or anything or PvP game mode. It better not be a toon like Traya that was beatable by lower geared/stared or Malak at 5 or 6* beating 7*. Even some 6* GAS beats 7*.

These are "supposed " to be special toons, make them perform in such a way.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    A4752375 wrote: »
    There was supposed to be a 5 year plan, yet they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”.

Source?

They mentioned 5 year plan in some state of galaxy or some update post from many months ago. (I almost wanna say about 1 year ago).

Right now, it is feeling more like a final 5th year plan rather than a 5 more years plan.

That's not the part that needs sourcing. Refer to the rest of my post, the part you cut out.

There’s no source, it’s just how I see it.

Ok thank you for agreeing it's speculation.

Never said it wasn’t. Almost every post is speculation.
    This whole event is just them flying by the seat of their pants, making up things as they go.
    they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”.

Neither of these are presented as speculation, but ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    A little bit of upfront, honest communication would go a long way right now.
    So basically what they've been doing so far?

Honest? You mean like the time they said the unlock characters would not all require relics, then u-turned?

CG are a lot of things but open and honest is not one of them.
  • You can handle the truth.

I mean details.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Event might have a ticket structure because it might reward gear, mod salvage, relic materials on top of character shards.

If so, it makes sense to limit the number of attempts for the event. It will also encourage replaying the event once you have the character unlocked.

If CG's communication was as good as you claimed earlier in the thread then such speculation would be unnecessary on your part because CG could just say something. I don't understand why they cannot just state clearly their intentions. It's the release of 2 characters. It's not disclosing a matter of national security.
  • Alot of this stuff is being beta tested and then announced as they apply what they have learned from the beta test. And they are not willing to speak to anything that hasn't been beta tested yet. Hence why we are getting the slow drip. I really wish they would announce something that isnt taking the better part of the year to get ready for. I'll probably end up having to skip kylo so I can be ready for luke
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    A4752375 wrote: »
    There was supposed to be a 5 year plan, yet they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”.

Source?

They mentioned 5 year plan in some state of galaxy or some update post from many months ago. (I almost wanna say about 1 year ago).

Right now, it is feeling more like a final 5th year plan rather than a 5 more years plan.

That's not the part that needs sourcing. Refer to the rest of my post, the part you cut out.

There’s no source, it’s just how I see it.

Ok thank you for agreeing it's speculation.

Never said it wasn’t. Almost every post is speculation.
    This whole event is just them flying by the seat of their pants, making up things as they go.
    they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”.

Neither of these are presented as speculation, but ok.

So I should have a disclaimer for every post??

And that last one isn’t speculation, they said they didn’t know how we are gonna earn those tickets.

Haven't decided yet. But ok.
  • KvotheQGBQG2
    811 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    Event might have a ticket structure because it might reward gear, mod salvage, relic materials on top of character shards.

If so, it makes sense to limit the number of attempts for the event. It will also encourage replaying the event once you have the character unlocked.

Thank you for making my point for me. If they would give us the details then we wouldn't be speculating. The problem is, as was pointed out above by another, they themselves don't know the details, which is laughable at best and incompetent at worst. They have admited even the character models are not done and they don't know how tickets will be earned. Yet this thing launches next month? This is not how new products should ever be launched.

[Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Honest? You mean like the time they said the unlock characters would not all require relics, then u-turned?

CG are a lot of things but open and honest is not one of them.
    Yes, that is still honesty.

They did not lie. They changed their mind. Content still in development is subject to change. Part of the risk of communicating in advance like we've been asking is many details are not finalized, so it runs the risk of changing in development. That's not dishonesty. That's development. The thing that developers do. It's in the name.
    Thank you for making my point for me. If they would give us the details then we wouldn't be speculating. The problem is, as was pointed out above by another, they themselves don't know the details, which is laughable at best and incompetent at worst. They have admited even the character models are not done and they don't know how tickets will be earned. Yet this thing launches next month? This is not how new products should ever be launched.
    If everything were done and they knew every detail, then it would already be released. They don't sit on completed content just to have a three month communication window about it.

Also, that's not an "admission." They develop as they go along. Nothing is waiting on the model. Everything progresses in parallel.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    If everything were done and they knew every detail, then it would already be released. They don't sit on completed content just to have a three month communication window about it.

Also, that's not an "admission." They develop as they go along. Nothing is waiting on the model. Everything progresses in parallel.

When was the last time you purchased a product without knowing anything about the product, or even how you would obtain said product? You don't know what the product will even do yet. You don't know how much the product costs. You literally know nothing about the end product. Or how you are supposed to get it.

Now what if you knew a little bit about what it takes to get the product and quickly get your ducks in a row based on the information you were given, and then you are told that after an internal review the information you acted on for this mythological product that you know nothing about has been altered and the requirements for it are steeper than previously advertised? You still gonna be excited to get said product?

When was the last time you purchased a product without knowing anything about the product, or even how you would obtain said product? You don't know what the product will even do yet. You don't know how much the product costs. You literally know nothing about the end product. Or how you are supposed to get it.

Gamblers, investors, and prospectors do this every day.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Meh, it's fine. Just don't do anything yet until they release more. Honestly, this just reads like a kid on Christmas Eve who can't wait for the next morning. CG has a bad track record on being consistent so just wait and see what they do before investing anything; it's as simple as that.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Gamblers, investors, and prospectors do this every day.

They also aren't given everything for free if they choose to not pay.

• Gamblers, investors, and prospectors do this every day.

No, no they do not. Not smart ones, anyway. You don't invest in a product without researching it. You don't gamble on something without researching it.

When I see prospectors all I can think of is that cartoon gold miner dude :smile:

I'm done here. My point remains the same.

Now what if you knew a little bit about what it takes to get the product and quickly get your ducks in a row based on the information you were given, and then you are told that after an internal review the information you acted on for this mythological product that you know nothing about has been altered and the requirements for it are steeper than previously advertised? You still gonna be excited to get said product?

Well, yes actually. Generally products that cost more are assumed to be more valuable. Sony and Microsoft have already announced planned releases for next gen consoles. I don't know if there is a price yet, but if there is and next month they say it will cost $100 more I will be just as excited, because while increased cost is not ideal, chances are it will be better.

That said, why are you investing in a product you don't feel you know enough about? Seems like a risky investment strategy.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

• Gamblers, investors, and prospectors do this every day.

No, no they do not. Not smart ones, anyway. You don't invest in a product without researching it. You don't gamble on something without researching it.

When I see prospectors all I can think of is that cartoon gold miner dude :smile:

I'm done here. My point remains the same.

What research do you do when playing roulette?
    There is very limited research that angel investors can do for startups.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • When was the last time you purchased a product without knowing anything about the product, or even how you would obtain said product? You don't know what the product will even do yet. You don't know how much the product costs. You literally know nothing about the end product. Or how you are supposed to get it.

The galactic legends are not for sale. They are rewarded for gameplay. You can purchase gear and the like to accelerate gameplay. That is not purchasing the galactic legends. That is purchasing gear. The galactic legends themselves are not for sale, now or ever, at any price.

If you would like to hold off for more information before purchasing related materials, that's your prerogative. You have the right to wait. But waiting for more information does mean waiting. It does not mean they are obligated to give that information right now. And unlike previous events which have a limited run time, this one is open indefinitely, so there's no close to the window of availability. And other people will make their own judgment and decisions regarding their money as is their prerogative.

That said? Pre-orders happen all the time on limited information. My last pre-order was Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which I paid for on limited information. Some people do not pre-order games because they don't want to get burned paying for a surprise flop, and that is their prerogative. Kickstarters happen every day, all of them on limited information on what the finished product will actually be and when it will arrive. Products sold on limited information are commonplace. If you would rather wait, that's fine. But that does not mean you are entitled to all of the information before it exists.
    Still not a he.
  • GLs will probably be the new meta, and the pre farm to get them will probably be worth doing so.. Kinda like how hmf was meta and now negotiator can even top hmf with less gp
  • I'm no CG apologist, but c'mon. People complain incessantly about panic farms and difficulty and we're now getting more info than ever about an event that isn't even on a calendar yet and all people want to do is....complain incessantly.

Yes, the goal is far off and the journey is long. But the most basic parts have been laid out and there is plenty to do before the next step.

I fail to understand why people are getting so worked up about this. Can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly have more than enough on my farming plate to worry about. I appreciate that there is something far off to work towards.
  • I’m guessing there would be a lot less resentment towards the event if they didn’t make people relic absolute garbage characters to play the event. Too bad less than 1% will get to enjoy the “new content” it’s also too bad they don’t use their time more wisely producing something actually enjoyable and replay able
  • You don't gamble on something without researching it.

How exactly would I "research" what card the dealer is going to give me?

Are you an X-Man?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Source?

Them not saying yet /= don't know

"We are still working out the specifics of where the tickets will be earned, but we expect players to be able to earn these tickets every day."

state of the galaxy is your source
    having several options of how they can implement is NOT knowing which will be the final one
    that is no speculation

which kind of an event this will be is speculation though
    they can aswell make it like a personal raid where you can earn 10 shards per completion
    so a 7 star unlock would just mean you have to beat the raid 33 times until you get anything from bloating your roster by relicing mostly useless/outdated characters

so far we dont know enough to make a good decision what to do with the gear other than hoard
    but to be honest i dont think that any of the released information so far does anything to lessen the "panic farm"
  • Its like the saying careful what you wish for,they didnt expect ppl to farm those that fast,so they come up with "Internal Review" and made all relic toons requirement,when some ppl allready finished first 6 toons,they come up with ticket gating,no Info is needed or they see how fast ppl will panic farm and will shove another paywall barrier before the actual release.
  • but to be honest i dont think that any of the released information so far does anything to lessen the "panic farm"
    Then you are wrong to think that.

Panic farms are keyed off of missing the boat. Events end in short order. A week or three days.

Part of the released information is that this event is open-ended. Always available. No close to that initial window. No boat to miss. And therefore there is no panic farm. At all.
    Still not a he.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    So much stress over this stuff.
  • No stress... its content most simply can’t play, and by the time most can play it the kits will be out dated and thus the content will be pointless. The sooner most accept that this content is not for them the easier it will be to move on to the next thing (that also won’t be intended for the majority of players)....
  • No stress... its content most simply can’t play, and by the time most can play it the kits will be out dated and thus the content will be pointless. The sooner most accept that this content is not for them the easier it will be to move on to the next thing (that also won’t be intended for the majority of players)....

I have the same amount optimism. I just hope I will guess right for the Empire GL whatever that will be.
    It's content everyone can play. If they build towards it.

People complained about all sorts of things being whale content that are readily accessible now. Pretty much every event unit. All the raids. All the TBs. Then we work towards it, get it, engage the content, and all that jazz.

Just because it's not within reach day one doesn't mean it's impossible or it's not for you.
    Still not a he.