Shard Changing? When can we pay to win an Arena fight?

Prev1
_Skystalker
288 posts Member
edited February 2020
I would like to know when will their be the option to change shards? I have about 4.9M GP and I am in the same shard as this guy. Who has nearly 7.4M GP, as is currently ranked 11th on the WORLD ranking for SWGOH biggest spenders i mean SWGOH - Top Players by Galactic Power :sweat_smile:

https://swgoh.gg/p/979382945/

For 1 they should rename to TOP Spenders. Its not TOP Players is it CG??? Their is nothing TOP about these players at all. Aside from maxed out credit cards.

Soon as Galactic Legends comes out this guy is going straight to number 1, do not pass go, do not collect £200 and his just going to setup camp right on that top spot for a year maybe more.

Why don't CG, just create Shards for different levels of spend? Why not scrap all together any kind of reward system for actually being good at anything?

It should be congratulations you have spent £100 this month here is a RANK. Or better yet once you launch an arena fight next to the option that says FOREFIT - Their should be a WIN button like this

$$$WIN$$$ - Click it and it goes through to a Microtransaction $1.99 to win battle.
$19.99 - Advance 10 places?
$29.99 Advance 20 places?

Lets just make less complicated? Put these people who pay into a shard of other players who pay.

Then maybe create another shard for FTP and another for those who spend less then £1000 per year ETC ETC

Would not that be better then the current system?

Replies

• So you’re assuming that GL teams will be literally unbeatable?
  • Nope, would not be better than the current system.

Spending gets you an advantage, thats how it works, however it is not insurmountable. If you want to be arena competitive F2P you have to be very dedicated and make strategic choices.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Monomer wrote: »
    So you’re assuming that GL teams will be literally unbeatable?

I think they'll be like Skyguy. Basically able to cruise through most things but won't hold on defense...

Spending gets you an advantage, thats how it works, however it is not insurmountable. If you want to be arena competitive F2P you have to be very dedicated and make strategic choices.

I would prefer to make strategic choices VS players who also make strategic choices rather then click spend done. Why cant i have that?
  • git gud
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• YetiYeti wrote: »
    Monomer wrote: »

I think they'll be like Skyguy. Basically able to cruise through most things but won't hold on defense...

Then CG better upload a big button to the holotables next to this event titled REFUND

I would prefer to make strategic choices VS players who also make strategic choices rather then click spend done. Why cant i have that?

Shockingly, just throwing money at the game doesnt equal a win.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Guys at that level don't normally care about squad arena. What's a measly few dollars worth of crystals when they spend 50-100 per day.

Ship arena is different... the whole zeta thing
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    Monomer wrote: »

Then CG better upload a big button to the holotables next to this event titled REFUND

So they'll be unbeatable, which is bad, but also they BETTER be unbeatable, or else refund required.

4LYny7n.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    git gud

Javind, How much do you spend a month on SWGOH, what's your current arena team? I bet you spend about $200 a month and i bet you has a fully relic GAS team. I will be surprised if your a FTP and your in Top 10 arena. Care to prove to me wrong?

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Jarvind wrote: »
    git gud

Javind, How much do you spend a month on SWGOH, what's your current arena team? I bet you spend about $200 a month and i bet you has a fully relic GAS team. I will be surprised if your a FTP and your in Top 10 arena. Care to prove to me wrong?

Sure. I don't have GAS at all.

https://swgoh.gg/p/918597557/characters/

And I never said I was top 10 in arena.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

No I am not saying they will be unbeatable i am saying if CG expect people to spend the money being asked in order to acquire them, they F******G better be!!!

I’m really not following. If you don’t think they’ll be impossible to beat then there should be no worries with having one in your shard.

i don't know if FTP can beat a Galactic legends team. If i had to guess i think it would be extremely challenging. People wont be happy parting with thousands of dollars to secure a GL character who falls 10/15 places over night.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    git gud

Sure. I don't have GAS at all.

https://swgoh.gg/p/918597557/characters/

And I never said I was top 10 in arena.

Your very similar level to myself Javind. I think you can see from my roster I know how to play. Just like i can see from yours. I am farming best I can to go for KYLO on the GL side but I fear it might be several months before i can realistically achieve it. Without GAS i am struggling to stay top 20, and i'm sure you will agree I am doing very well to maintain where i am. It takes a great amount of skill to keep where i am. I just hope skill remains a tool we can both still use moving forward into this next meta.

me
    https://swgoh.gg/p/998323214/
    No I am not saying they will be unbeatable i am saying if CG expect people to spend the money being asked in order to acquire them, they F******G better be!!!

I’m really not following. If you don’t think they’ll be impossible to beat then there should be no worries with having one in your shard.

i don't know if FTP can beat a Galactic legends team. If i had to guess i think it would be extremely challenging. People wont be happy parting with thousands of dollars to secure a GL character who falls 10/15 places over night.

Only falling 10 or 15 spots would be a pretty great result, even in a new meta. And thousands? You really think the types of spenders you are complaining about dont already have many of the characters relic'd already?
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Nope, would not be better than the current system.

Part of the price of playing for free. If you want a totally fair game. You'll have to pay for one.

Even saying that, gac does a decent job at matching based on spend levels. Sometimes there's some odd matchups, but you'll certainly never face a 7m gp kraken.
  • I don’t get these complaints about spenders having an advantage.
    Spenders should have an advantage, they are paying to keep the game running. I’m fine with that as long as it’s not an insane advantage, and honestly even with GAS I don’t see the advantage as being to out there.
    GL might be different, but would expect them to be beatable even without GL...
  • Whales need fodder

>:)
  • Pretty easy... We don't need squad or fleet arena if they remove / lower the crystal amount that we are getting. Those crystals should go into GAC and new PvE modes tbh.
    Squad and fleet arena with shards (only specific amount of people) are nothing else than exploiting a current system and that should not exist in a game.
  • Pile wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Pretty easy... We don't need squad or fleet arena if they remove / lower the crystal amount that we are getting. Those crystals should go into GAC and new PvE modes tbh.
    Squad and fleet arena with shards (only specific amount of people) are nothing else than exploiting a current system and that should not exist in a game.

Sit tight.....the masses with their torches and pitchforks will be here shortly to set you straight.

They said that they wanna get rid of it so... I will enjoy it. :) It is not okay to exploit the system and grief other players who are not inside those chats.
  • Lol that Bibirhan guy is STACKED. I wouldn’t be surprised if that were Harrison Ford himself.

Capitalism.

I agree that it's sucky, but I'd rather have a game where I'm disadvantaged by F2P than have no game at all.
  • I'd love to see Tusken Raider squads as the f2p counter to GL toons...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nope, would not be better than the current system.

Spending is also a strategy.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Whales don't want to have to use their brains to fight other whales, they want to be able to spend for, 500 crystals a day? Luke really, I've never understood why they bother

Thank them for doing it so you don't have to.

I've never understood why people get angry about this stuff. Especially since you can still beat them with your "brains."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So, honestly, you should thank the whales for purchasing the game for you so you can even play. Someone who pays thousands of dollars SHOULD have an advantage. You can use your strategy and brains to beat other F2P players as best you can already, but don't expect to beat someone who is literally funding the game. I also think the assertion that someone who pays thousands to the game isn't also using strategy. Often enough, they are probably using more strategy than you, maximizing mod stats etc. and taking more care and time for their investment. The fact that a complete F2P player can even take top twenty is an incredibly kind shard.
  • Its funny you go onto Youtube and everyone is moaning about the new Galactic legends and the massive pay wall in order to achieve it. You come to the SWGOH forums and its quite the opposite.

"We love Whales and Krakens we need them"
    "I don't understand about people moaning about spenders!"
    "The whales and krakens spending sets the bar"
    "Thank them for doing it so you don't have to"
    "Someone who pays thousands of dollars SHOULD have an advantage"
    "Spending is also a strategy"
    "Part of the price of playing for free. If you want a totally fair game. You'll have to pay for one"

Going on just comments alone on this post its quite encouraging and supportive for CG I would say.

If I were CG i would probably come here most nights have a read and i would sleep soundly.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Wait so you're saying people that get paid for clicks say one thing and people that just post say something else.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH