Gifafi wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    And another thing, why do people hate on haden christianson (Sp? w/e) for being a whiny kid and yet love luke?

I think Anakin was more "whiney" than Luke. Luke was at first being his farm boy role, but quickly developed. He was also the Jedi, Rebels and Galaxy's last hope at defeating the emperor. There was a lot of pressure and a powerful Jedi father to live up to. He lost his parents, aunt & uncle and his mentor, then found out his wonderful father was in fact Darth Vader - I think under the circumstances he pulled it together and did well. I certainly don't think he was "whiney" come ROTJ.

anakin pulled it together too and wasn't whiny come ANH

He wasn't Anakin anymore...

OR WAS HE

eq3zx2vg4zrz.jpeg

Apparently not

intro-1566225818.jpg

O'RLY?

Yes at that time he was no longer Anakin - he had succumbed to the darkside as Darth Vader.

Didn't mean Anakin could not return, which he did. And he certainly wasn't whiney about it either. Sacrificed himself and took it like a champ.

ANAKIN (very weak)
    Now...go, my son. Leave me.

LUKE
    No. You're coming with me. I can't leave you here. I've got to save
    you.

ANAKIN
    You already have, Luke. You were right about me. Tell your sister...you
    were right.

I mean, what are you even talking about right now?? You think if he had survived and they were partying on Endor someone would have said "Thanks Mr. Skywalker" he would have said "the name's DARTH VADER!!!"?? UMMMM

What are you talking about - I am just saying he accepted his fate and didn't whine about it. what is your point? Do you even have one?

are you ok?

I'm fine - not really understanding our conversation here though, lol

you had said he was no longer anakin, I pointed out he was. the whole redeemed arc thing that you think tros ruined (iirc). that's all

No, his redemption wasn't ruined by TROS, his destiny and overall story arc was ruined.

wasn't his redemption his destiny and story arc? he was redeemed and killed the emperor. emp coming back doesn't change that

Yet he was to destroy the sith and bring balance to the force.

All he did was defeat Palpatine so he could rise again, and the force technically remained out of balance.

If it was "balanced" then it needed "re-balancing" again. An ancient prophecy foretold the Chosen One balancing the force - now it seems to need rebalancing every other generation. Its a joke and it takes away the "special" circumstances of Anakin/Vader's story, which encompassed E1-6 of the saga.

So if he was dead we’d be left with Luke and yoda, and no new trilogy? And If snoke wasn’t (spoiler) where’s the balance anyway?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)
    And another thing, why do people hate on haden christianson (Sp? w/e) for being a whiny kid and yet love luke?

I think Anakin was more "whiney" than Luke. Luke was at first being his farm boy role, but quickly developed. He was also the Jedi, Rebels and Galaxy's last hope at defeating the emperor. There was a lot of pressure and a powerful Jedi father to live up to. He lost his parents, aunt & uncle and his mentor, then found out his wonderful father was in fact Darth Vader - I think under the circumstances he pulled it together and did well. I certainly don't think he was "whiney" come ROTJ.

OR WAS HE

eq3zx2vg4zrz.jpeg

Apparently not

intro-1566225818.jpg

O'RLY?

Yes at that time he was no longer Anakin - he had succumbed to the darkside as Darth Vader.

Didn't mean Anakin could not return, which he did. And he certainly wasn't whiney about it either. Sacrificed himself and took it like a champ.

ANAKIN (very weak)

LUKE
    you.

ANAKIN
    were right.

I mean, what are you even talking about right now?? You think if he had survived and they were partying on Endor someone would have said "Thanks Mr. Skywalker" he would have said "the name's DARTH VADER!!!"?? UMMMM

What are you talking about - I am just saying he accepted his fate and didn't whine about it. what is your point? Do you even have one?

are you ok?

you had said he was no longer anakin, I pointed out he was. the whole redeemed arc thing that you think tros ruined (iirc). that's all

No, his redemption wasn't ruined by TROS, his destiny and overall story arc was ruined.

wasn't his redemption his destiny and story arc? he was redeemed and killed the emperor. emp coming back doesn't change that

All he did was defeat Palpatine so he could rise again, and the force technically remained out of balance.

If it was "balanced" then it needed "re-balancing" again. An ancient prophecy foretold the Chosen One balancing the force - now it seems to need rebalancing every other generation. Its a joke and it takes away the "special" circumstances of Anakin/Vader's story, which encompassed E1-6 of the saga.

Based on what you said about Sith and Jedi though, he didn't bring balance to the force. He restarted the Jedi order with his own Jedi temple.

I'm so confused by what balance means now and how you just throw the definition around to make whatever point you're trying to make.

I am not "throwing it around" at all. My point has been consistent and clear every time I mention this.

Of course the Force can be "balanced" with a new order of Jedi - it depends on the new philosophies of that new Jedi order. It is not difficult to understand what I am saying.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

OR WAS HE

eq3zx2vg4zrz.jpeg

Apparently not

intro-1566225818.jpg

O'RLY?

ANAKIN (very weak)

LUKE
    you.

ANAKIN
    were right.

are you ok?

So if he was dead we’d be left with Luke and yoda, and no new trilogy? And If snoke wasn’t (spoiler) where’s the balance anyway?

Can you elaborate what you are saying, I am not following.

Also, not understanding why you mention Yoda - he's dead by the end of ROTJ and with him died the old teachings of the Jedi Order from a corrupt era.

Snoke was not introduced as Sith. Clearly JJ originally had no intention of making the Sith return to the saga, as Kylo and Snoke were both explicitly not categorized as Sith. Although Sith were meant to be gone as of ROTJ, it would not stop the use of the darkside, but the intent of the villains could be very different from what we have seen previously, and this is what was so intriguing in TFA about our new villains.

Again, this is what I mean when I say that Johnson was too lazy or cowardly to write a compelling villain out of Snoke and instead trolled the audience with "your Snoke theroes suck" and killed him off as a nobody.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

OR WAS HE

eq3zx2vg4zrz.jpeg

Apparently not

intro-1566225818.jpg

O'RLY?

ANAKIN (very weak)

LUKE
    you.

ANAKIN
    were right.

are you ok?

Also, not understanding why you mention Yoda - he's dead by the end of ROTJ and with him died the old teachings of the Jedi Order from a corrupt era.

Snoke was not introduced as Sith. Clearly JJ originally had no intention of making the Sith return to the saga, as Kylo and Snoke were both explicitly not categorized as Sith. Although Sith were meant to be gone as of ROTJ, it would not stop the use of the darkside, but the intent of the villains could be very different from what we have seen previously, and this is what was so intriguing in TFA about our new villains.

Again, this is what I mean when I say that Johnson was too lazy or cowardly to write a compelling villain out of Snoke and instead trolled the audience with "your Snoke theroes suck" and killed him off as a nobody.

yeah that's true re hoda. Snoke was awful in the first two. complete snorefest. maybe if he had been decent things could have gone another way
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

OR WAS HE

eq3zx2vg4zrz.jpeg

Apparently not

intro-1566225818.jpg

O'RLY?

ANAKIN (very weak)

LUKE
    you.

ANAKIN
    were right.

are you ok?

yeah that's true re hoda. Snoke was awful in the first two. complete snorefest. maybe if he had been decent things could have gone another way

Absolutely! That's all I am saying.

Yet everyone says how different the ST was and in particular TLJ - I find we got very much the same old stuff with a new paintjob. Very much so wasted opportunities, and that's all I see with this new trilogy. Rey ends in the same position as Luke was in ROTJ and the galaxy hasn't changed or any better for telling this new story - there was nothing new. Very boring and all at the expense of the original story of the saga and its legendary characters. Its a shame really and disappointing.
  • Other

OR WAS HE

eq3zx2vg4zrz.jpeg

Apparently not

intro-1566225818.jpg

O'RLY?

ANAKIN (very weak)

LUKE
    you.

ANAKIN
    were right.

are you ok?

What if bringing "balance", wasn't the destruction of the Sith, but rather to be both/neither? What if he fulfilled the prophecy by being both jedi and sith... Being a balance between the light and dark?
    Sort of like the Father in the Clone Wars?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

OR WAS HE

eq3zx2vg4zrz.jpeg

Apparently not

intro-1566225818.jpg

O'RLY?

ANAKIN (very weak)

LUKE
    you.

ANAKIN
    were right.

are you ok?

What if bringing "balance", wasn't the destruction of the Sith, but rather to be both/neither? What if he fulfilled the prophecy by being both jedi and sith... Being a balance between the light and dark?
    Sort of like the Father in the Clone Wars?

I am sure that was part of it, but not the conclusion of the prophecy.

Anakin already demonstrated he could control the light and dark while on Mortis and was the heir to the Father's position.

He did of course be both Jedi and Sith - reflecting the "balance" within to some degree. But the lesson of his story and what Luke learned was what would carry the balance forward once he had eradicated the corruption of the Jedi and brought an end to the Sith.
  • Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso)
    In my opinion, Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso) played a stronger lead role than Daisy Ridley (Rey). Not only was she more believable with her acting, she also had this way of holding the audience’s attention in a way that can’t be expressed into words. Diego Luna (Cassian Andor) and Ben Mendelsohn (Director Krennic) were up there as well. Now that I think of it, everyone’s acting in Rogue One was powerful. From Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus to Galen Erso, Saw Gerrera and Bodhi Rook. The story line was captivating and felt like I was watching an Original Trilogy movie. Heck, even the score was incredible.

For me, nothing will ever compare to the Original Trilogy. I’m an Original Trilogy Purist. (I’m not gonna lie though, Rogue One came very close.) Rogue One is probably my favorite Star Wars movie outside of the Original Trilogy. Rogue One is incredible. Not only did I see the movie opening weekend, the day it came out on DVD I bought the Blu-ray. Now that’s what I call a movie that did something right.

That’s just my 2¢ though.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Adam Driver (Kylo/Ben)
    @KyJoe_Cool it's the Disney Star Wars movie I've watched the most since it was released, followed very closely by TLJ. My kids loved Rogue One and will re-watch it frequently. I still have only seen TRoS once. Heck I even saw Solo twice in theaters, so that says something.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)
    I saw TFA once in theaters, TLJ twice, and TROS thrice. Fitting.

I just hope that Disney tries to enhance Star Wars in the future, not choke the money out of it. Because in every Star Wars movie there’s good acting, a good score, and amazing visuals. But the more that’s thrown at us, the worse the actual content becomes.
  • Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso)
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @KyJoe_Cool it's the Disney Star Wars movie I've watched the most since it was released, followed very closely by TLJ. My kids loved Rogue One and will re-watch it frequently. I still have only seen TRoS once. Heck I even saw Solo twice in theaters, so that says something.

@Vendi1983 Same here. As far as Disney Star Wars movies... I’ve watched TFA probably a handful of times. In theatre, on Blu-ray, and on tv whenever it’s been on. TLJ? Yikes. Prolly once or twice. TRoS only once so far (in theatres) but I would like to see it again as I liked it a lot. Solo prolly once or twice. However! lol. Rogue One I’ve seen so many times I’ve lost count. I believe anywhere from 5-10 times. Between seeing it in the theatre, on Blu-ray, and on tv whenever it’s been on, I’ve seen it quite a few times. lol. It really stands out from the rest of the pack in my opinion.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)
    I've seen TFA about 5-6 times. (theatres twice)
    TLJ 2 times (theatres once)
    TROS only 1 time (I streamed it)

I have no need or want to see them ever again.

I never saw Solo in theatres either, and only saw it twice as well. I would watch it again.

Happy to Watch R1 over and over. Same with the Mandalorian - looking forward to season2!
  • Adam Driver (Kylo/Ben)
    I go with Adam Driver. Just what he brings to the character is pretty believable. Young dude who is incredibly torn and who it prone to fits of rage and tantrums, and ***SPOILER***SPOILER*** who ends up being redeemed ***END SPOILER***, Adam Driver makes it believable. That's not even counting his other work in other films ("I'm about to eat NACHOS!" anyone?) and on the stage.

Second choice is a tie between Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGreggor.

Edit: added spolier warning haha.

I completely agree with you!! Adam’s performance in SW is excellent, and Kylo/Ben is my favorite character.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)
    AnnaGrace wrote: »
    I go with Adam Driver. Just what he brings to the character is pretty believable. Young dude who is incredibly torn and who it prone to fits of rage and tantrums, and ***SPOILER***SPOILER*** who ends up being redeemed ***END SPOILER***, Adam Driver makes it believable. That's not even counting his other work in other films ("I'm about to eat NACHOS!" anyone?) and on the stage.

I completely agree with you!! Adam’s performance in SW is excellent, and Kylo/Ben is my favorite character.

Whiney Ben Solo? You have got to be kidding.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

EVERY Star Wars character is whiney at some point, get over it. They didn’t hate on your favorite character for no reason.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)
    Nihion wrote: »

EVERY Star Wars character is whiney at some point, get over it. They didn’t hate on your favorite character for no reason.

For no reason? Kylo is a bad character, although he is the "best" in the sequel trilogy, that doesn't say a lot against the likes of Rey and Rose, lol
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

For no reason? Kylo is a bad character, although he is the "best" in the sequel trilogy, that doesn't say a lot against the likes of Rey and Rose, lol

Luke is a bad character. Darth Vader was SO annoying with his breath and all.

How does that feel?

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, both their opinion about Kylo being good, and yours about Kylo being bad. What I don’t get is why you always come to these threads to trash the sequel trilogy repeatedly. It’s kinda rude.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Other
    Kylo Ren is one of the deepest characters in Star Wars.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Adam Driver (Kylo/Ben)

I’m not kidding. You don’t have to agree with me, but please be respectful
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

Oh, I am sorry did I call you names or break forum rules in any way? No, I did not.

You not only "liked" him, you think he is the best - which again, I stand by my response.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, both their opinion about Kylo being good, and yours about Kylo being bad. What I don’t get is why you always come to these threads to trash the sequel trilogy repeatedly. It’s kinda rude.

Considering every post you make puts the ST on some God-like pedestal, I think you are preaching to the choir here bud.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

Considering every post you make puts the ST on some God-like pedestal, I think you are preaching to the choir here bud.

That’s not true. I don’t like the ST any more than the prequels or the OT. But it is clear that you simply hate the sequels. You search for whatever reasoning you can find to attack them. I guess you have some obsession with destroying them, and I’m not the only forumer who notices this. So when someone like @AnnaGrace tries to appreciate something they like, you come in to make sure they know that their opinion is wrong. That actually they can’t like Kylo the best because you think that he’s terrible. It’s getting annoying, and it’s becoming offensive. I understand you don’t like the ST. I get that. That’s okay. But you don’t have the right to tell other people that their opinion is wrong.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

That’s not true. I don’t like the ST any more than the prequels or the OT. But it is clear that you simply hate the sequels. You search for whatever reasoning you can find to attack them. I guess you have some obsession with destroying them, and I’m not the only forumer who notices this. So when someone like @AnnaGrace tries to appreciate something they like, you come in to make sure they know that their opinion is wrong. That actually they can’t like Kylo the best because you think that he’s terrible. It’s getting annoying, and it’s becoming offensive. I understand you don’t like the ST. I get that. That’s okay. But you don’t have the right to tell other people that their opinion is wrong.

So while other people can voice their opinions, I am not allowed to voice mine? Got it. Thanks for policing my opinion. You know its quite offensive that you do that all the time I say something bad about the ST.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

So while other people can voice their opinions, I am not allowed to voice mine? Got it. Thanks for policing my opinion. You know its quite offensive that you do that all the time I say something bad about the ST.

Nope, didn’t say that. I just don’t understand why you have to tell other people that they’re “wrong” about the sequel trilogy. I’m not saying your opinion is wrong, just that you shove it in people’s faces.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

Nope, didn’t say that. I just don’t understand why you have to tell other people that they’re “wrong” about the sequel trilogy. I’m not saying your opinion is wrong, just that you shove it in people’s faces.

Well sorry if I have an opinion.

Don't get me wrong, Driver is an excellent actor, but he was served a poor role in a bunch of poor movies. Its like saying Michael Kane was the best actor in the Jaws franchise - he was a good actor, in a porr role in a poor movie. That was my point.

Bearing in mind this is in comparison to Alec Guiness as Obi Wan, Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, Harrison Ford as Solo etc etc - Great actors, in better roles and in better movies.

That was the point I was making when I said "You have got to be kidding".

And that was all I said before all the "triggered" responses. You like Driver and Kylo, that's fine, but surely someone has the freedom to stand up and say "seriously?" - which is what I did.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

Don't get me wrong, Driver is an excellent actor, but he was served a poor role in a bunch of poor movies. Its like saying Michael Kane was the best actor in the Jaws franchise - he was a good actor, in a porr role in a poor movie. That was my point.

Bearing in mind this is in comparison to Alec Guiness as Obi Wan, Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, Harrison Ford as Solo etc etc - Great actors, in better roles and in better movies.

And that was all I said before all the "triggered" responses. You like Driver and Kylo, that's fine, but surely someone has the freedom to stand up and say "seriously?" - which is what I did.

The problem I see is that instead of saying your opinion, (I assume McGregor or Ford? Both great choices) you first noted “that other opinion is crazy.” That’s why people pointed it out.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

The problem I see is that instead of saying your opinion, (I assume McGregor or Ford? Both great choices) you first noted “that other opinion is crazy.” That’s why people pointed it out.

Yep, because I think it is crazy considering everything else I mentioned, which again, is my opinion.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

Yep, because I think it is crazy considering everything else I mentioned, which again, is my opinion.

Right but you didn’t mention anything else until after.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

So you didn't understand exactly what it was I was saying but still went a head to criticize? You could have said "what do you mean by that comment", but no - you attacked, again.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan)

How does that feel?

So you didn't understand exactly what it was I was saying but still went a head to criticize? You could have said "what do you mean by that comment", but no - you attacked, again.

You really aren’t getting this situation: You attacked a comment, unprompted, in a negative manner, instead of presenting a counter point. Then, when I commented about it, you actually revealed your own opinion. I agree with that opinion. But I commented initially because your original response seemed rude. It was pretty clear what you meant; and it wasn’t to say that “Ewan and Ford are better than Driver.” It was just to say that Kylo was bad.
This discussion has been closed.