Was it a lie?

2Next

Replies

• What’s the rush? You’ll get it when you get it, the event is not going away. With all these gear requirements, most likely you’ll still be done farming the ship before every character is G13.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    What’s the rush? You’ll get it when you get it, the event is not going away. With all these gear requirements, most likely you’ll still be done farming the ship before every character is G13.

how are people still missing this.. it’s not the rush. it’s the continuous gated events and ridiculous criteria. it’s only going to keep getting worse. Just like jkr was easy (hero’s journeys are meant to be fun they said) then DR was slightly harder with more needed.. then malak set the bar with gp requirements, the gas needed relics and gp requirements and now this needs wayyyyyyy more (and tickets?)... what’s next?
  • If you don't want to spend, don't. At the end of the day, GL characters will become meta. But then, one of the small handful of people that actually come up with new counters will have a counter for you to copy and beat the GL character. So just wait for that. It's happened with every meta. And, fancy this...the person that does that will end up being one of those whales you despise so much...so just wait. Someone will do the work for everyone that doesn't have the GL toon right away, and then you can go back to whale hating.
  • Gair wrote: »

Its true. If you tell a lie 90 years ago, but revert the statement and tell the truth today. It is no longer a lie.

That's a lie.
  • They didn’t lie, they just changed it.
  • again.. no one cares about whales and rushing to get the content. it’s how the content is being delivered and the likelihood of everything from now on needing MAXIMUM requirements when before it was a gradual increase. crappy but gradual. now it’s maximum +

not to mention the overhaul of their initial
    message which apparently some ppl don’t seem to care about. go figure why politics is so divided
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Back to OP...

Raddus is a recurring event expected to return 1-2 times per month. If you need a few weeks to farm up some of the ships, you have them. You shouldn't be so salty that a few folks will have a 10 shard jump on you to wish there were no offerings of the event until next month. And it's not like that's time that's lost forever - just 1250 crystals to close that gap.
  • Here’s the bottom line:

Expecting anything different from CG is foolish at this point. They’re going to do what makes them the most money. They don’t care about their player base unless it’s the ones who open their wallets. However even the spenders seem to be getting sick of their tactics. Listen to CubsFanHan’s podcast with 4 krakens of the game who collectively have spent over 100k+. They are more than happy spending the money they have as it’s their hobby, however they’re scared their investment won’t hold much longer because of how extreme CG’s tactics have been, with GL’s reaching a new low for them. Krakens and whales alike are starting to worry that soon most F2P will be pushed out and won’t be around anymore leaving only the spenders and don’t want their hobby to turn into a spending race.

The point? CG is getting out of control with their disingenuous tactics and completely forgetting about their F2P players. Nobody should expect to be on equal footing with those that spend as much as they do on this game. However to not get so much as a bone thrown their way, or rather, get a bone thrown in the manner of not needing all characters at relics only to have it taken away is even worse than nothing at all.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    According to this thread i haven't lied because I can change my mind and nullify what i said previously.

I've been doing that a lot lately like when they asked if I had gone to china recently I said no but then later I told you guys I went to China.

so I didnt lie. Yes!

I'm gonna need save this thread to explain how all this works to the customs people if they dont have the same view on lying as you all do.
  • DJT1 wrote: »
    All of the ships required were out for a very long time, unless you’re new shouldn’t be much of an excuse for not having them?

That's flat wrong. In addition to what was said above - obviously it's a game of choice and resource management, there's never been a real reason to get rey's falcon or lando's or ebon hawk etc. If you have them it's because you had everything else and farmed those to farm something, or you wanted them for your own personal reasons.

Worse is the raddus event just plucking random ships (that'd i'd wager were in the top of their 'ships people don't have list). Every other event is thematic, but EH is 1000 years prior to the ST, clone wars stuff 50 years prior, etc. There's not a them there it's just random stuff to force people to farm things.

At least with the revan's you sorta saw it coming, lots of old republic toons, JKR...then the other old republic toons hit, DR. They fit. Same with BH's...and every other event. There are plenty of ST toons out there to make an event of, but, god forbid, they've been used in an event before. Can't have that. Even if G7-8 is enough to get you JTR...just forcing them to R5-7 isn't enough, no, we need you to farm a bunch of things you've never used to that level for it.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »
    So "Galactic Legends announcement system is to provide time to avoid panic farming." Then they announce Raddus that will most likely be required yet less than 24 hours to panic farm ships that make absolutely no sense to be part of the event. Sure we could of predicted the resistance ships and some of us did farm it, but Lando's ship? Ebon Hawk? So was the no panic farm a lie, or is it a loophole? No panic farm for the requirements, but the requirements of the requirements doesn't count?

Didnt need to panic farm anything. Had all that from being a ship focussed player
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Anyone who thought this wouldn't require all relics was fooling themselves. I don't care what CG says, because this was the plan all along. They dripped one small list of relics, people spent to get there, then they did it again and said every required toon will be relic required. This is to get you to invest in getting the character, and then feel that you have to protect your investment and spend more and more.

Classic. Dirty, but classic.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    DJT1 wrote: »
    All of the ships required were out for a very long time, unless you’re new shouldn’t be much of an excuse for not having them?

That's flat wrong. In addition to what was said above - obviously it's a game of choice and resource management, there's never been a real reason to get rey's falcon or lando's or ebon hawk etc. If you have them it's because you had everything else and farmed those to farm something, or you wanted them for your own personal reasons.

Worse is the raddus event just plucking random ships (that'd i'd wager were in the top of their 'ships people don't have list). Every other event is thematic, but EH is 1000 years prior to the ST, clone wars stuff 50 years prior, etc. There's not a them there it's just random stuff to force people to farm things.

At least with the revan's you sorta saw it coming, lots of old republic toons, JKR...then the other old republic toons hit, DR. They fit. Same with BH's...and every other event. There are plenty of ST toons out there to make an event of, but, god forbid, they've been used in an event before. Can't have that. Even if G7-8 is enough to get you JTR...just forcing them to R5-7 isn't enough, no, we need you to farm a bunch of things you've never used to that level for it.

Yes, personal reasons such as acquiring everything to protect from this nonsense of having certain items farmed for different events...whether they match or not is a different argument altogether...I have less of some other things as a result of trying to farm all toons/ships to cover my butt...so it is a choice to have ignored farming the ships required for this event regardless of whether they match the capital ship or not
  • Definition of Lie: An intentionally false statement.

CG stated they weren’t going to require all relic’d character for the events.

However, they then stated they will make all characters require relics for the events.

They lied and everyone deep down knows that “internal review” is just a cover up.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They never lie, they've made this game a billion dollar business. They always have 100 dollar a minute lawyers to review and edit to make sure there's always a loophole to what they say so you can't hold it against them.

Hence, "subject to change" is always on their clipboard to be pasted in to their statements.

(Brought to you by Carl's Jr)

This games a billion dollar business?

Hah nope.

Hah Yep

https://gaming-fans.com/2020/01/swgoh-galaxy-of-heroes-nears-1-billion-in-lifetime-revenue/

920M ish ain’t 1B so my point still stands :p

Sorry, I didn't realize you were one of CG's lawyers. Please don't sue me....

Yes because me proving myself right whilst proving the point I made that would be considered a light negative comment towards CG by stating their game isn’t a billion dollar game yet is definitely me trying to suck up to them because that makes so much sense.. oh wait a min. It ain’t

Fighting over NEAR 1B is what makes this community look like the LoL or CS:GO one... and the burner accounts just deal the final blow, the real players fight each other, with all good motives, being them the gear bottleneck, the pathetic relic stuff, the LS Geo, the panic farm, GAS and Malak (all the bad things that happened since the last year, actually) and those guys like Ultra saying HEY THOSE ARE AWESOME PEOPLE ALWAYS COMPLAIN CG IS GOD ALL HAIL CG LS GEO IS DA BEST and people like you fighting over if it's 1B or not. They guys have olympic pools full of money. That's not the thing to fight for. The real thing is CG ignoring the real player base, not a few krakens. Even krakens are unhappy about GL, as youtubers pointed out. And if CG keeps ignoring the playerbase, best thing to do is boycott the game, sadly there always be a few who spend
    cwfz9b4lskaf.png

Ultra, you never answered my question. Do you ever get tired of defending a multimillion dollar company that couldn’t care less about you?

Just read his comments. Every single one says that everything bad that happens un the game is the player's fault and that they complain about nothing. To him, CG is innocent, almost sacred. The dude is a troll or CG pays him, or worse, is Kyno's burner account. I'll get a warning for this but I don't care, people like them are the ones who harass the playerbase and don't see the bigger picture

@Indio_Cronos
    So you’re saying nothing in the game has ever been the players fault? Players have never complained or criticized unjustly?

And... You think CG pays players?

Lmao. The forums have reached new tiers of ****.

<Sarcasm>Sure, yeah.</sarcasm>
    And for the guy above, sure, players invented kyrotech and stun guns in gear 7. Players made LS GEO, players put Malak and GAS in the get store. Yeah dude, players killed the game, not CG. Las boludeces que hay que leer...

who said anything about inventing?
    That’s your proof of just criticism? That they made the new territory battle hard? That two of the best characters are hard to get. Or that gearing isn’t easy

You don't even noticed all the people ranting about this ****, right? You didn't watched videos with whales **** about GL? The community posting things annoyed from the present situation is just plain stupid and have no motives? Yeah right

That’s not what i said. You just act like the “community” can’t be wrong about what they say. No I don’t watch anything made by creatures of the sea.
    I also don’t follow youtubers. They are pointless videos to get views so they can make a living off of someone else’s product
    Also, YouTubers have made videos before like “HAAT is broken”, “Hoth TB is broken”, “HSTR is broken”, “DSGeoTB is broken”.

The knee-**** click bait reactions of YouTubers are completely meaningless.
    They never lie, they've made this game a billion dollar business. They always have 100 dollar a minute lawyers to review and edit to make sure there's always a loophole to what they say so you can't hold it against them.

Hence, "subject to change" is always on their clipboard to be pasted in to their statements.

Hah nope.

Hah Yep

https://gaming-fans.com/2020/01/swgoh-galaxy-of-heroes-nears-1-billion-in-lifetime-revenue/

Yes because me proving myself right whilst proving the point I made that would be considered a light negative comment towards CG by stating their game isn’t a billion dollar game yet is definitely me trying to suck up to them because that makes so much sense.. oh wait a min. It ain’t

Fighting over NEAR 1B is what makes this community look like the LoL or CS:GO one... and the burner accounts just deal the final blow, the real players fight each other, with all good motives, being them the gear bottleneck, the pathetic relic stuff, the LS Geo, the panic farm, GAS and Malak (all the bad things that happened since the last year, actually) and those guys like Ultra saying HEY THOSE ARE AWESOME PEOPLE ALWAYS COMPLAIN CG IS GOD ALL HAIL CG LS GEO IS DA BEST and people like you fighting over if it's 1B or not. They guys have olympic pools full of money. That's not the thing to fight for. The real thing is CG ignoring the real player base, not a few krakens. Even krakens are unhappy about GL, as youtubers pointed out. And if CG keeps ignoring the playerbase, best thing to do is boycott the game, sadly there always be a few who spend
    cwfz9b4lskaf.png

Ultra, you never answered my question. Do you ever get tired of defending a multimillion dollar company that couldn’t care less about you?

Just read his comments. Every single one says that everything bad that happens un the game is the player's fault and that they complain about nothing. To him, CG is innocent, almost sacred. The dude is a troll or CG pays him, or worse, is Kyno's burner account. I'll get a warning for this but I don't care, people like them are the ones who harass the playerbase and don't see the bigger picture

@Indio_Cronos
    So you’re saying nothing in the game has ever been the players fault? Players have never complained or criticized unjustly?

And for the guy above, sure, players invented kyrotech and stun guns in gear 7. Players made LS GEO, players put Malak and GAS in the get store. Yeah dude, players killed the game, not CG. Las boludeces que hay que leer...

That’s your proof of just criticism? That they made the new territory battle hard? That two of the best characters are hard to get. Or that gearing isn’t easy

You don't even noticed all the people ranting about this ****, right? You didn't watched videos with whales **** about GL? The community posting things annoyed from the present situation is just plain stupid and have no motives? Yeah right

That’s not what i said. You just act like the “community” can’t be wrong about what they say. No I don’t watch anything made by creatures of the sea.
    I also don’t follow youtubers. They are pointless videos to get views so they can make a living off of someone else’s product
    Also, YouTubers have made videos before like “HAAT is broken”, “Hoth TB is broken”, “HSTR is broken”, “DSGeoTB is broken”.

Gotta get dem clicks.

That’s why my titles be so vague sometimes
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Hah nope.

Hah Yep

cwfz9b4lskaf.png

@Indio_Cronos

Gotta get dem clicks.

I’ve categorised the 10 reasons click bait is so effective. Number 8 will shock you!
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Hah nope.

Hah Yep

cwfz9b4lskaf.png

@Indio_Cronos

Gotta get dem clicks.

I’ve categorised the 10 reasons click bait is so effective. Number 8 will shock you!

I always love the comment section of those videos

Cuz it just tells me all 10 so I don’t have to watch the vid
  • Did seriously no one realize there are 13 slots for „requirements“ and only 10 FO toons?
    Ships WILL be a requirement. That’s not a discussion or a „Maybe“
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »

That's flat wrong.

9 months or more. That's a very long time in this game.
    In addition to what was said above - obviously it's a game of choice and resource management, there's never been a real reason to get rey's falcon or lando's or ebon hawk etc.

Rey's falcon was good mid-game early on. Ebon Hawk was a good alternative for the U-wing. Lando's was a great last reinforcement back then. All ships are required for platoons.
    If you have them it's because you had everything else and farmed those to farm something, or you wanted them for your own personal reasons.

If you don't have everything else or didn't choose to farm them for personal reasons, why would you feel entitled to get as many shards of the newest ship in the game as the players, who already farmed the required ships? Players will get the Radduss eventually if they choose to.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Definition of Lie: An intentionally false statement.

CG stated they weren’t going to require all relic’d character for the events.

However, they then stated they will make all characters require relics for the events.

They lied.....

By the definition, that would require intent.

Hah nope.

Hah Yep

cwfz9b4lskaf.png

@Indio_Cronos

Yep. Also Arnold , mobile gamer and cubs fan all had videos in fall saying the game was ending. Guess what those three just released again , videos saying the game is ending. Saying that is also a free pass for content for them and free $$$.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »

That's flat wrong.

9 months or more. That's a very long time in this game.
    In addition to what was said above - obviously it's a game of choice and resource management, there's never been a real reason to get rey's falcon or lando's or ebon hawk etc.

Rey's falcon was good mid-game early on. Ebon Hawk was a good alternative for the U-wing. Lando's was a great last reinforcement back then. All ships are required for platoons.
    If you have them it's because you had everything else and farmed those to farm something, or you wanted them for your own personal reasons.

If you don't have everything else or didn't choose to farm them for personal reasons, why would you feel entitled to get as many shards of the newest ship in the game as the players, who already farmed the required ships? Players will get the Radduss eventually if they choose to.

Thank you, lol
  • So much back and forth I don't even know what this is about. (Yet for some reason I feel moved to add 2 whole cents) I guess anger over the raddus catching folks pants down? You can't have everything, as the game expands there should be some people with this, some people with that, and some with neither unless you plan to drop wads of cash. Enjoy it till it's gone
  • veejayti wrote: »
    So much back and forth I don't even know what this is about. (Yet for some reason I feel moved to add 2 whole cents) I guess anger over the raddus catching folks pants down? You can't have everything, as the game expands there should be some people with this, some people with that, and some with neither unless you plan to drop wads of cash. Enjoy it till it's gone

I’m eagerly awaiting that day when it’s finally gone.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've removed a good amount of comments and closed the thread due to it getting off-topic and it turning into arguments and insults. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.