GAC Join and Leave

Prev1
Kazi2013
34 posts Member
edited December 2020
Dear CG,
Out of all annoying things in the world gac Join button is one of them. Can we not have a leave button like TW? Because Many like me accidentally press the join button without realising some of characters missing mods and not being able leave and rejoin. If you can do it for tw you can do it for gac please.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Unless I'm mistaken, and someone will probably correct me if I am, your roster locks as soon as GAC drops. Regardless of when you press JOIN.
  • Mk2flip wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, and someone will probably correct me if I am, your roster locks as soon as GAC drops. Regardless of when you press JOIN.

Yep, you are mistaken. Your division is set when GAC launches.

Your roster locks when you press JOIN for each round for three matches.
  • I think the purpose of the join button is to leave out as many dead weights as possible, otherwise every account that makes it the threshold and then quits would be added. A leave button might be useful, but I’m sure there would be even more complications and technical difficulties with a join button and a leave button.
  • I join GAC by mistake 2 times and many of my guild mates faced same issue. Please put leave button like TW. This is really causing problem.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    that would be nice but it is what it is
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Apparently they already have this built into one join/leave button. Some users joined but somehow they got left out in the cold.
  • This has already been asked and answered numerous times. There are a few threads asking about this probably every week that GAC is active. From the last Dev Q&A:
    5946x8k2sfmv.png

The change was made because mods were not locking and people were able to swap mods during GAC rounds, effectively putting their best speed mods on all teams they used on offense. That was a much bigger problem than a few people not paying attention when they "join" the GAC and having to fight 3 rounds without an extra gear tier on 1 toon.
  • Before they implement this kind of button I wanna have a new matchmaking system.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    They will add it as a 1 billion in revenue momentum. Think they only need under 100 million to reach it so hang tight.

nkj7y6lrcicn.png
  • This has already been asked and answered numerous times. There are a few threads asking about this probably every week that GAC is active. From the last Dev Q&A:
    5946x8k2sfmv.png

The change was made because mods were not locking and people were able to swap mods during GAC rounds, effectively putting their best speed mods on all teams they used on offense. That was a much bigger problem than a few people not paying attention when they "join" the GAC and having to fight 3 rounds without an extra gear tier on 1 toon.

I don't think this is entirely right.... There were two issues I thought.

1) you could swap mods on offensive characters after roster lock via loadouts

2) the system would lock each roster individually when the cutoff time hit, meaning that one account would be locked "first" and one account would be locked "last". Apparently there was enough time elapsed between the first and last account that some people were swapping mods after lock, but the swapped mods were inadvertently captured.

They fixed the loadout issue first. Then some people were still having trouble with missing/poor mods on their teams, so they changed roster lock to the join button instead of a standard time for everyone (presumably to keep too many locks happening at once so mod swapping after lock wouldn't affect mods).

TW only has a leave button before the match making process. You aren't officially "signed up" until roster lock. You are "signed up" for GAC the first time you join. Then you have to opt-in each week if you want to participate, but you would still get some sort of reward for joining at the end of GAC. Perhaps there's an issue with translating the TW "leave" button (which has no constraints on roster or division) to GAC (where your division is set when you join and rewards are based on being "in" the GAC).
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    Before they implement this kind of button I wanna have a new matchmaking system.

1) Wrong thread.
    2) Wrong priority.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Before they implement this kind of button I wanna have a new matchmaking system.

1) Wrong thread.
    2) Wrong priority.

The button is not a priority too.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

1) Wrong thread.
    2) Wrong priority.

I can't think of anyone that wouldn't like a better lock system.

• TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

1) Wrong thread.
    2) Wrong priority.

I can't think of anyone that wouldn't like a better lock system.

Cheaters?
    5946x8k2sfmv.png

2) the system would lock each roster individually when the cutoff time hit, meaning that one account would be locked "first" and one account would be locked "last". Apparently there was enough time elapsed between the first and last account that some people were swapping mods after lock, but the swapped mods were inadvertently captured.

They fixed the loadout issue first. Then some people were still having trouble with missing/poor mods on their teams, so they changed roster lock to the join button instead of a standard time for everyone (presumably to keep too many locks happening at once so mod swapping after lock wouldn't affect mods).
    This. People are conflating the two issues.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This has already been asked and answered numerous times. There are a few threads asking about this probably every week that GAC is active. From the last Dev Q&A:
    5946x8k2sfmv.png

Idk if that's true... they fixed the roster lock initially to avoid the mod swapping work around.

Then you could still use loadouts to swap mods after the fix so they again changed the roster lock again this time to be complete and upon initial registration.
    This has already been asked and answered numerous times. There are a few threads asking about this probably every week that GAC is active. From the last Dev Q&A:
    5946x8k2sfmv.png

Idk if that's true... they fixed the roster lock initially to avoid the mod swapping work around.

Then you could still use loadouts to swap mods after the fix so they again changed the roster lock again this time to be complete and upon initial registration.
    The "roster lock failure" was actually a problem with the client user interface flows where if you navigated from the squad assembly screen to the squad management screen and selected a pre-canned squad, you got a copy of the current state of those toons not the locked state. It didn't matter on defense because once you sent the squad composition to the server, it used the locked roster copies. On offense however, the client dumbly used the current copies.

The mod swap during matchmaking bug was about CG apparently implementing the roster lock and matchmaking together as a single-pass batch job, creating opportunities for problems if people shifted mods around after they thought the rosters had locked but before matchmaking was complete.
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    5946x8k2sfmv.png

The "roster lock failure" was actually a problem with the client user interface flows where if you navigated from the squad assembly screen to the squad management screen and selected a pre-canned squad, you got a copy of the current state of those toons not the locked state. It didn't matter on defense because once you sent the squad composition to the server, it used the locked roster copies. On offense however, the client dumbly used the current copies.

The mod swap during matchmaking bug was about CG apparently implementing the roster lock and matchmaking together as a single-pass batch job, creating opportunities for problems if people shifted mods around after they thought the rosters had locked but before matchmaking was complete.

Your second paragraph was a fix to address the bug in your first paragraph where people can re use mods on offense.
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    5946x8k2sfmv.png

Your second paragraph was a fix to address the bug in your first paragraph where people can re use mods on offense.
    No, the problem in the first paragraph was fixed in an earlier update.

The problem in the second paragraph manifested as people missing mods / having them on the wrong toons because they had been moving them around after they believed that the GA rosters had been locked. It would not allow for mod re-use.

Frankly the whole thing was a confusing mess with a lot of misinformation & misconceptions flying around.
  • Or maybe just maybe when you hit the join button it just adds you into the GAC. Then after the time runs out it locks your roaster... Kinda like the text in game describing how it works.
  • Join/Leave is obviously the ideal but if this can't be implemented easily, then they should just add a confirm button after you hit the join button.

"Are you sure you want to join the GAC?"

Then if you fat finger twice, thats on you. ;)
  • N305quall
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    They did the leave / join button in tw.
    So I think it is possible to reproduce the exact same behaviour in gac?
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    Join/Leave is obviously the ideal but if this can't be implemented easily, then they should just add a confirm button after you hit the join button.

This. Jfc, how hard is it to program a confirm prompt?
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    Join/Leave is obviously the ideal but if this can't be implemented easily, then they should just add a confirm button after you hit the join button.

This! Absolutely this!

Just add a confirmation when hit the GAC join button.

"Are you sure you wish to join GAC now?"

This would save us a lot of headache.

I've just accidentally joined GAC with no mods on some of my most important characters.... I've effectively wrecked my chances at success this round.

Please CG, please listen to us on this.
  • At least they should have programmed a CONFIRMATION QUESTION:
    Are you sure to want to JOIN with the current status of your Roster?
    As the JOIN button accidentally hit by dozens of players (as devices screen is very sensitive nowadays).
    Really unfair to let people lose valuable resources due to that.
    Kyle
  • Just seen that I replicated the latest post :)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nice Necro. Back when Lio was around and MetaThumper was Crazygone.