What is the best team to unlock R2 with?

I am currently using vader grand moff tarkin royal guard TIE pilot and Palpatine ( I need to get TIE and royal guard to 5*) but even on tier 4 i am struggling with this team, any suggestions on what I could do to improve the team
P.S. , all my toons gear is gear 6

Replies

• Also i am farming Thrawn so if i get him before R2 who should i replace for him
  • That team should do fine, just make sure your royal guard is beefy since he is your tank, and have palps in the leader because of his anti-rebel synergy. With him, Tarkin and Vader you should have a steady flow of debuffs to cripple them and give Vader some nice damage with his lightsaber throw
  • Anakin1 wrote: »
    Also i am farming Thrawn so if i get him before R2 who should i replace for him

With the current team, I would say Tie pilot because RG is the tank and you need the other three for their debuffs. If you can get the entire team tanky enough then replace royal guard
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Palp lead
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

• Anakin1 wrote: »
    P.S. , all my toons gear is gear 6

I think I've found the problem. Most 5* unlocks seem to equate to a rough G7 requirement (subjective and data-less observation). G7 also gets you the initial 3000 or so protection, which is a significant survivability increase from G6.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Anakin1 wrote: »
    Also i am farming Thrawn so if i get him before R2 who should i replace for him

With the current team, I would say Tie pilot because RG is the tank and you need the other three for their debuffs. If you can get the entire team tanky enough then replace royal guard

I would not replace TIE Pilot.

His AE is what is going to save you from R2's Smoke Screen.

Your team is fine.

Replacing RG w/ Thrawn will also be fine. (That is what I used, no tank, it worked great)

All you really need to do is add some gear.

EDIT: Actually, my 6* R2 had SnowTrooper instead of Palpatine w/ a Tarkin lead, because my Palpatine was stuck at 5* waiting on the next rotation.
  • Okay thanks for the help!