SHARE Your Questions For The Upcoming Developer Q&A - 02/27/2020

Prev1
SHARE Your Questions For The Upcoming Developer Q&A - 02/27/2020
I'm running out of witty things to say...Doing a similar post seven times will do that to a person. lol

ASK your question here --> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XZVV22C
Then SHARE your question below!

Replies

• **EVENTS**

1) Are there any plans for Galactic Bounty I/II events to happen more often then once every six weeks (on average)? Perhaps have each one run once per calendar month? Is a Galactic Bounty III event in the works?

2) We have had a credit heist for a long time now. It's great. Will we ever have a ship credit heist? Instead of using toons, we could use ships. Even a seldom used faction would be great as it would encourage people to upgrade their ships (which generally means upgrading the ship's pilots as well).

3) I think most people would agree that the LS Geo TB is “Hard”. I would imagine that even 300 million GP guilds are struggling with it. That being said, instead of forcing guilds to either choose between a very easy LS Hoth TB or a very hard LS Geo TB, would it possible to tweak the choices? For instance, LS Hoth TB OR a DS Geo TB? Two weeks later, a DS Hoth TB OR a LS Geo TB? This way, a guild would be in a position to choose a TB that is better suited to their guild.

Just to be clear:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

Another alternative idea would be:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

Yet another alternative idea would be:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB / DS Geo TB

To be 100% clear, the choice we do NOT want is: LS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

4) I know you (CG) have said in the past that you don't want both the Hoth TBs and Geo TBs running at the same time. My proposal below, IMO, I think is a good compromise.

Every three to six months, during a week that the regular TB is not running, give all guilds a **CHOICE** to run a bonus LS Hoth TB (and three to six months later a bonus DS Hoth TBs) for either full or even half rewards.

You (CG) have said in the past that:
    • We don't want to use up too much time of the players.
    • We want to make getting players to G11/G12 easier.
    • We don't want to upset the game economy with too many rewards.

I say:
    • If the guild thinks the optional bonus Hoth TB is not worth their time, they will choose not to do it.
    • Having extra bonus rewards will help players reach G11/G12
    • If members of the guild are doing Hoth based quests or achievements, they can progress.
    • The game is not flooded with tonnes of extra rewards as the Hoth bonus "event" would only happen two to four times a year.
    • Some players complain about not having enough things to do. Doing a week long event is something to do.
    • Some players are interested in acquiring Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid shards without having to spend GET2 currency.
    • Because Hermit Yoda, Wampa, Malak and General Skywalker all need GET1 currency, there is an ever greater need to play Hoth TBs as they provide much more GET1 currency.

If you don't think this is a good compromise, can you please explain why?

5) Can any or all of the raids be added to the journey guide for fun and/or practice? No rewards of course, apart from allowing people to progress in any of the quests that they may be doing.

6) Can the past Marquees events be added to the Journey Guide? This would help new-ish players catch up to veteran players by potential giving them access to these characters earlier. Also if a player missed the event the first time, they can collect the shards that most other players had collected.
  • **MISC**

1) About the data cards, I would be willing to spend crystals and/or actual money buying data cards so I can acquire character shards. My issue is as follows. When I look at, for example, the Empire faction pack, of the character shards available, there are only two characters that I own that are below 7 stars. How do I know I will get shards for a character that is below 7 stars?

Another example was the Anniversary Character Trove Pack (330 shards for 5000 crystals). As of the time the pack was released, out of the 123 toons being offered, only 17 of my characters were not already at 7 stars. That's roughly a 1/14 chance. Same question, how do I know I will get shards for a character that is below 7 stars?

According to the Pack Probabilities, everything is random. This is a huge turn off for me and in turn, I don't buy the packs. Have you ever considered tweaking the algorithm so that characters that are below 7 stars get the priority?

2) There are 2 Sith ships with Sith Empire pilots but the ships themselves none are flagged as Sith Empire. Why not? Before you say it...."Lenders, There is no point to do this. There is no synergy between Sith Empire ships and there is no Sith Empire capital ship".

Hear me out....The two U-Wings are flagged as Rouge One as their pilots are Rogue One but there is no Rogue One synergy and no Rogue One capital ship either. Same applies to 501st pilots. No 501st tag for their ships. So just to be consistent, why not flag the two Sith Empire ships as Sith Empire and the 501st ships as 501st?

3) Will either kind of training droids be salvageable? What about sim tickets? What about mods? What about ability materials including omegas & zetas (and ship omegas & ship zetas)? All of my characters and ships are at level 85. What are players suppose to do with several hundred thousand training droids? What are players suppose to do with over one hundred thousand sim tickets? When a player surpasses 100,000 of any item, you know they have too much!

4) The new "Objectives" interface looks really nice. Kudos. May I suggest a small cosmetic tweak? Under the Quests section, the conditions of the quest could have be seen in their entirely without having to scroll down. Now, after the update, the bottom text is cut off. Is there any chance you can fix that?

You can see photos of what I am referring to here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220598/minor-tweak-needed-to-the-new-interface.
  • **QUALITY OF LIFE (QOL)**

1) Can the ingame chat let us know when a Raid's phase 4 is completed? It already says when the first three phases are complete. Why not phase 4?

2) Why can't we have all four kinds of energy listed at the top on the main screen. If there is not enough space, why can't you make the XP bar half the size to free up space?

3) On the character inventory page, a player may select a filter to show Rebels, Empire, First Order etc. That being said, more and more charters have multiple tags these days. While I can select Separatists or Droids, I cannot select Separatist Droids. Do you think being able to select multiple tags would make for a good QOL update?

4) About double drops. I want to be clear, I am not complaining about them. Anytime you want to give away free stuff, I am all for it. That being said, would it be feasible to give a 100% drop rate instead of giving double drops? It does leave a semi bad taste in your mouth when you spend 100 crystals on a cantina refresh, for example and get zero drops of whatever you are farming. Two times zero still equals zero after all.

5) You recently removed the 4 dot mods from the mod store. Kudos!!! Can the 3 dot mods be removed from tier III of the mod challenges? They serve no purpose whatsoever.

6) Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in?

7) At the moment, there are three prestigious quests that are tied to the ranking in the HAAT (Tank) Raid. The relevant part of the quest is listed below.

• Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or higher 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

In the eventuality that the Tank Raid becomes simmable, will there be any special consideration for the players trying to do these quests or will each player have to ask their guild's leadership NOT to sim the tank raid at least 9 times? Perhaps simply ***designating*** everyone as 1st place and give everyone the same 5th, 10th, 15th or whatever rewards?
  • **CHARACTERS aka TOONs**

1) There are six members of the Phoenix squad yet we are only allowed to have five toons at once. As a summoning mechanic already exists, how about adding it to Hera so she can summon Chopper? This Chopper would be a "clone" of the Chopper a player would have in inventory with the same stats and abilities. This Chopper would use the ally slot. It would make a more interesting team at that point and better reflect the TV show. You could even make it a second zeta ability for Hera.

2) Some older toons are not available in any store (apart for crystals). Baze Malbus for example. Since he and most of these older toons are no longer meta, is there a possibility that the energy requirements to farm them could be lowered (again, I am referring to the ones NOT found in stores)? You had recently done this for Vet Solo & Chewie. Kudos.

3) You have said in the past many times that you don't want to add new toons to the existing stores. I beg you to reconsider. Can you PLEASE add new toons to the stores, even if its just the really old ones to the stores. Baze Malbus is a great example as he can only be farmed. Please add him to any of the stores and not just charge crystals for his shards.

4) Why are there only three Tuskens? I know they are FAR from meta but why three? Were there plans back at the beginning of the game for two more? At least one other non playable Tusken exsists (Brute) and he already appears in the Journey Guide.

5) This game needs eight clone troopers. Let me explain. Shaaki Ti’s leadership skills are truly optimized for clone troopers. Since General Skywalker now commands four of them (Rex, Echo, Fives & Arc Trooper) that doesn’t leave enough clones for Shaaki Ti to command, just Cody & Sergeant. Are there any plans to add two more clones to the game so that both Shaaki Ti and General Skywalker can each have four troops? There are plenty to choose from the DS Geo TB. If there are no plans, why did you create a leader knowing she would have no troops?
  • **QUESTS & ACHIEVEMENTS**

1) Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles. Since this quest only works with the dark side Hoth territory battles, why haven't you "fixed" this bug by simply renaming the text to read "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth dark side Territory Battles"? Renaming the text (in every language of course) would surely be simpler than fixing the code behind it.

2) Guild Quest, Raid Attempts - Do 4 attempts in the Pit raid. ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how can a player do this quest if their guild ONLY wants to sim the rancor raid?

One possible way to fix this is to allow players to attempt the raid during the 24 hour join period. Players would receive the same simmed rewards and would have to wait for the rewards just like everyone else. This way, at least people doing this quest could progress. As a bonus, those people who complain about having nothing to do could practice their skills and have a bit of fun!

Another idea is just to add the Rancor Raid to the Journey Guide (for no rewards) and allow people to progress in their quests.

3) With the hyperdrive bundle you created some new quests exclusive to it. Awesome job..however... Situational Awareness Quest, Destroy the Rancor Door Panel 10 times. ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how can a player do this quest if their guild ONLY wants to sim the Rancor raid? Why would you create this quest knowing that to complete it, a veteran player would have to join a "baby" guild that doesn’t sim the Rancor raid (and potentially have to give up on TB/Tank/Sith rewards). Why make this quest incompatible with the sim Rancor raid?

One possible way to fix this is to allow players to attempt the raid during the last hour or two of the 24 hour join period. Players would receive the same simmed rewards and would have to wait for the rewards just like everyone else. This way, at least people doing this quest could progress. As a bonus, those people who complain about having nothing to do could practice their skills and have a bit of fun!

Another idea is just to add the Rancor Raid to the Journey Guide (for no rewards) and allow people to progress in their quests.

4) Bounty Hunter Quest 4/7, Complete Galactic Bounty event tier IV. This quest only can be completed by beating tier 4 of the Galactic Bounty I event, not the Galactic Bounty II event. The quest's description does not mention I or II so the description is vague because of this. Do you (CG) ever have any plans to fix this bug by either updating the description to reflect "Galactic Bounty I event" or making either event applicable? I thinking adding an "I" after the word "event" would surely be far simpler.

5a) ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how are players suppose to complete achievements & prestigious quests (see below) that are tied to both the light side and dark side Hoth Territory Battles when their guild is ***ONLY*** willing to do the Geonosis TBs?

5b) As you probably already know, powerful guilds tend to only want to do the GeoTBs only. This does not sit well with some players. Have you considered giving guilds the choice or opportunity to do a “bonus” Hoth LS & DS TB, perhaps once, twice or four times year? This would certainly help players complete some of the quests & achievements (see below) that are strictly tied to the Hoth TBs.

• Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    • Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.
    • Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)
    • Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)
    • Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with Geo DS TB)

6) Why are we limited to only doing a maximum of three prestigious quests at the same time? Why can't we do them all at the same time?

7) If a player already has the Tank Tamer title (for being in 1st place in the HAAT/Tank raid), why does that player need to prove himself/herself yet again when they get to Jedi Master Quest 4/4? The game already knows they have done this at least once already.
  • I like the Marquee event idea. There are a lot of toons that I don't have that were Marquee because I took a break that would be nice to be able to get .
  • QoL regarding UI in battle:

Will we ever be able to see the percentage of an enemy's health and protection like in Raids?

There are toons who gain *"Invisible"* buffs by performing actions in battle, such as defeating enemies like Asajj Ventress or Fives' sacrifice kicking in and transferring his stats to remaining 501st, a way to know that these kind of bonuses are in play would be helpful.
  • I’ll just paraphrase my question, it was a little long... if Crumb’s job title is Sr. Community Manager, doesn’t that imply the existence of at least one other community manager? If so, could they be made available to actually interact with the community online to let us know that our voices are being heard and maybe communicate some ‘working on it’ or “that is WAI” from the appropriate members of the game design team?
  • Can you guys add captain gregor or any clone commando?
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    I’ll just paraphrase my question, it was a little long... if Crumb’s job title is Sr. Community Manager, doesn’t that imply the existence of at least one other community manager? If so, could they be made available to actually interact with the community online to let us know that our voices are being heard and maybe communicate some ‘working on it’ or “that is WAI” from the appropriate members of the game design team?

Senior sometimes refers to experience rather than position relative to others in the same job.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I would like to have much more communication between us and CG,i think that is the first step that should be addressed,from there we can put to rest some ideas that unsettle some players and give as a better picture about why some things can't happen right now and that they are working on some thing,i don't want to give as specifics if they don't want to or deadlines but keep us informed.
  • There are 2 Empire Capital ships in the game, but only 5 Empire starfighters and non of them is a Tank. Without a good tank a fleet isn’t competitive. Are there any plans to make an Empire Tank starfighter? TIE Bomber would be a perfect ship to make, it had many appearances in the canon and it would carry on the line of bombers(Hyena, Y-wing)
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    D you have plans *new* playable and winnable content?

Meaning not just tuning up the difficulty on a current event and not another Geo LS TB where it’s painful to the point of frustration not fun at times.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    How long will you keep ignoring the question answered not asked thread? I just need to know how much more popcorn to make.
  • i asked if they would consider spending a work day (or like 2-4) hours in the next Q&A answering questions instead of 1 hour.

just becasue if they spend longer on it more questions can be asked (and maybe they will answer the questions they ignore normally in the 1 hour ones)
  • Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    You alwalys trapped on LendersQuiz's misleading posts. This is NOT the official Q&A! It is pointless to "share" your questions here.
    Oh btw, it is pointless to share them on the official Q&A too. Except if you want to know what they do on holidays or what was the developer thoughts about the colour of Revan's skirt.
  • @TVF I asked my question with a link to that thread.

Made sure to include "galactic ledgends" in it so that they easily find it with their keyword search
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    TVF I asked my question with a link to that thread.

Made sure to include "galactic ledgends" in it so that they easily find it with their keyword search

I think you've misunderstood my question.
  • Can you please confirm which (if any) Platoons impact / affect Kam Special Mission in Geo LSTB?

For example: It appears that Fleet Day 2 and Ground Middle Day 3 Platoons DO NOT provide any benefit for the Day 3 Special Mission (KAM) even though the Day 3 South Territory is highlighted on the platoon maps.
  • Still the same question since september 2019 :
    When will you make easy gearing to reach G12?
  • Same procedure as every survey...
    rb4l96ox3pz7.png
  • Is anyone here who ever answered from the survey questions? Are they watching survey at all?
  • Olderaan wrote: »
    Is anyone here who ever answered from the survey questions? Are they watching survey at all?

they do, but they ignore like 90% of the questions.
    thats the issue
  • Olderaan wrote: »
    Is anyone here who ever answered from the survey questions? Are they watching survey at all?

Yeah, like we had the WT shards issue, which occured in November, then they totally ignored the issue in the December Q&A (probably they couldnt say anything about it) and then they selected the WT topic for the January Q&A so they could announce that they got the fix.

So they do read it, they just execute their right against self-incrimination (self-embarassing in this case) in a mastered style.
  • It has become obvious that Geo LS TB is geared for a higher level, higher relic, and relic special abilities. How soon will the toons receive the tune up to be able to compete?
This discussion has been closed.