Will you ever allow us to reallocate useless Zetas?

Prev1
walychow
1 posts Member
edited February 2020
3rd time I've made the same question for developers on Q&A survey

Will you ever allow us to reallocate useless Zetas, like Vader lead for instance?

Game has change a lot, and Zetas have become obsolete in some characters

Replies

• I hope not. It would make zetas lame if you could swap them out like mods.
  • I don't even know what I'd do with 20-30 extra zetas
  • It would be nice to reallocate a couple. Maybe get a specialty ticket or two a year to swap some zetas around or rest an ability, but nothing more than that.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    Nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They won't do it. There are advantages and disadvantages to being a long term player. This may be considered a disadvantage.

However... what you think is a useless zeta now, may not be in the future.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    I hope they never will. Each of my zetas were of my choosing and while I may not use certain character much anymore they gave me what I needed at the time. To ask for a refund on used product is silly imo.

Plus if I got them back I'd probably just put them right back on, lol.
  • Going to need 120 mats per galactic legend so getting some back might help.

Have 218 saved up do i should be ok
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    A while back there was talk of allowing 1 zeta a year to be removed and reapplied. That conversation died out and never came up again, it seems like that will not be a possibility.
  • Instead of reallocating now obsolete zetas i'd be nicer if they reworked some of those older characters so they become less obsolete.

For the rest I am against this. All zetas I placed where for a reason and while some never really got any use (GMY lead) for me, most helped me a lot back when I placed them.
  • I have a feeling that we're soon getting the next ability stage. Zeta income is pretty high these days, we even got 3 more incomings with the new tiers on Rebel Roundup, Forest Moon and Places of Power and maybe more to come.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    "I drove this 2017 Nissan Sentra to work and back and on a couple vacations and road trips, but now it isn't as good as the new 2020 Nissan Sentra. Can I have a refund?"
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    "I drove this 2017 Nissan Sentra to work and back and on a couple vacations and road trips, but now it isn't as good as the new 2020 Nissan Sentra. Can I have a refund?"

Terrible example. But whatever floats your boat.
    What Kyno said would be the optimum thing honestly. One zeta swap a year would be pretty good so certain zetas that are useless or near useless now can be given a mulligan. Phasma’s lead and savage lead would be one or two I could think of off the top of my head. I don’t see any harm if you can move one or two zetas a year
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    A while back there was talk of allowing 1 zeta a year to be removed and reapplied. That conversation died out and never came up again, it seems like that will not be a possibility.

Treat it like a timezone swap. What do we get, 2x a year?

My guess is we’ll have Alpha Zetas eventually. A new breed...
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Treat it like a timezone swap. What do we get, 2x a year?

My guess is we’ll have Alpha Zetas eventually. A new breed...

One can hope!
  • Or... because removing applied gear has never really been a thing in the game (and when they have been forced to do it through kit changes, it hasn’t gone well - either as an out cry in the game or causing additional issues), and presumably the zetas most of you want to reallocate were deemed good at the time you put them on, so you already got value out of them - maybe they could just give everyone a free zeta once a year to do with as they please.

Oh.

Wait.

They already do.

Seriously, with the rate zeta mats come in, I don’t see them ever doing a special coding item to allow everyone to reallocate a zeta. More trouble than it is worth.

I don’t say this a Player who has spent a long time at the top of the stack either. I stayed with guilds longer than I should have when I outgrew them more than once because I liked the players and that has cost me a whole lot of TW wins (which is barely an excuse and at most has cost me realistically 3 zetas, and I don’t begrudge those)..

More importantly, I am a collector, so my own play style saw me 7 star every ship and character in the store before I started chasing zetas. And because I was a collector, it also took me longer to climb to the upper echelon of my ship shard because of that to start zetas at a decent pace (mostly 200’s from launch, 100’s right before the ****, **** took me to top 5)

I’m top third in my guild in GP (an admittedly super “fluffy” 5.5M), and bottom third in zetas (79), which from what I see in this and past guilds, TW opposing guilds, GAC opponents, etc., that I appear to be in the bottom 10% of zetas applied for my progression, looking something like still about 15 zetas behind the curve.

I still don’t want the ability to change zetas (and I have said differently in the past, in threads like these- with some sense of levity) and I am someone who zeta’d Phasma less than 48 hours before they revealed KRU...
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    I bet Edward doesn't have this problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I bet Edward doesn't have this problem.

Very likely not! He would probably say it is my fault for not having 400 zeta mats and 250 omega mats in reserve at all times!

(I do try - but usually fail - to keep 40 zetas and 50 Omegasin the bank)
  • Yeah, it doesn't make sense if you respect the currency as an economy. Benefits were gained
  • I vote no on this. I also own many bad zetas. It’s speculative as of now - but look at qgj whose zeta may make a return with mundi.

I would rather them tweak bad zetas or have new leaders of that faction make them function more.

As for the next ability upgrade I am hoping it has to do with a whole faction instead of a single character.
  • I vote no on this as well. Zeta’s really aren’t that rare anymore.
  • @Op
    Why should they? I see absolutely no reason why they should. We all had good use of them when we put it on whichever char we put it on. They are choices made,simple as that.
  • walychow wrote: »

Will you ever allow us to reallocate useless Zetas, like Vader lead for instance?

Did you get Vader lead for Rancor or HAAT solos?
  • Nope. Nadda. Never. Why not ungear toons or unstar them? Still not gonna happen. Once you put those things down that's the end of it as it should be. Next question please.
  • You’ll hit a point where you sit on 3-4 zetas’ worth of mats because there aren’t any you particularly need/want. It’s not that big a deal.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    You’ll hit a point where you sit on 3-4 zetas’ worth of mats because there aren’t any you particularly need/want. It’s not that big a deal.

I’m also on the other side of the ‘Golden eyeball’ drought. (I wonder if I could get the guild tokens I used refunded, now that I have plenty from challenges?)

Something something stun guns. Something something stun guns 😏
  • walychow wrote: »

Will you ever stop applying useless zetas?