Different General Skywalker counter issue?

Monomer
139 posts Member
edited February 2020
I’m fine with GS countering before taking cover, this is about something else. I noticed something in my climb today and was wondering if it was wai.

When I was hitting GS with Darth Revan, spreading fear or shock and causing Malak to taunt, GS was ignoring the taunt on Malak and hitting DR with his counter attack. I didn’t remember that being the case before. Is that how it should work? Does the counter get processed before the taunt, despite the taunt icon appearing in-game before the counter?

Replies

• Malak gains taunt after someone is inflicted with fear or shock.
    GK gains taunt after someone loses protection up or get critically hit.

From the gameplay:

If GS has CBM and DR uses his fear and a basic attack, GS will counter DR because the taunt of Malak only appear after DR's turn.

I use a Ahsoka in my GS team and fight against Padme.

If I attack someone who got protection up with my GS, GS will attack the person, Ahsoka and Echo will assist, than GK taunt and GS is attacking GK instead.

I think that this might be a bug. GS should attack Malak instead of DR because Malak gain taunt after fear is applied.
    If not, something is wrong with GK or the overall definition when someone gains taunt and counter attack.
  • For GK I can understand it, cause his taunt usually comes up after another team mates turn ends. But yeah, Malaks taunt is supposed to be immediate when fear or shock is applied, so DR shouldn’t be getting the counter.
  • Let's ask CG. Nevermind, they don't even know how it's supposed to work either.🤷‍♂️

yjrfzdl1glso.jpeg
  • Day 1 player here but man these bugs are just becoming too much. Its got to the point they wont even fix them now. Just give us some dumb post of we looked an we dont see it makes any difference so we will leave bug in game. First off did u try any battles besides a gas mirror. Obviously u didn’t cuz it does make a difference a big difference to be exact. In mirrors yeh no big deal but not every match is a mirror,in arena or gac.. At what point did u stop caring about the health of the game n decide leaving bugs in a game is a good thing an doesn’t affect anything. Yes it may not brk the game but it does tell your player base dont bother telling us about bugs or issues cuz we dont care enuf anymore to try n fix it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Day 1 player here but man these bugs are just becoming too much. Its got to the point they wont even fix them now. Just give us some dumb post of we looked an we dont see it makes any difference so we will leave bug in game. First off did u try any battles besides a gas mirror. Obviously u didn’t cuz it does make a difference a big difference to be exact. In mirrors yeh no big deal but not every match is a mirror,in arena or gac.. At what point did u stop caring about the health of the game n decide leaving bugs in a game is a good thing an doesn’t affect anything. Yes it may not brk the game but it does tell your player base dont bother telling us about bugs or issues cuz we dont care enuf anymore to try n fix it.

if you can't beat gas with the teams you were using before to beat him you should try to
    tenor.gif?itemid=8126281
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ive noticed if you drop him with an assist (Ahsoka) as the "final" blow he doesn't counter I.e. if the primary attack takes his last protection he counters after the assist, but if the assist takes the last protection he doesn't. Kind of puts a interesting spanner in the "turn hasn't finished so its WAI" debate.
  • @wildnz are you serious?

Assists can’t be countered. Spanner completely removed
  • Back on topic, I saw a GAS countering mystery tonight.

GAS mirror, enemy had all the zetas, as do I.

Both GAS are standing, it’s my turn with 5s. I used his special, calling my GAS to assist. Enemy GAS did not lose all protection, but absolutely definitely did not counter, which he should have done, right?
  • @DarjeloSalas The original attack is not counted.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Back on topic, I saw a GAS countering mystery tonight.

Both GAS are standing, it’s my turn with 5s. I used his special, calling my GAS to assist. Enemy GAS did not lose all protection, but absolutely definitely did not counter, which he should have done, right?
    He should've countered, yes
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Day 1 player here but man these bugs are just becoming too much. Its got to the point they wont even fix them now. Just give us some dumb post of we looked an we dont see it makes any difference so we will leave bug in game. First off did u try any battles besides a gas mirror. Obviously u didn’t cuz it does make a difference a big difference to be exact. In mirrors yeh no big deal but not every match is a mirror,in arena or gac.. At what point did u stop caring about the health of the game n decide leaving bugs in a game is a good thing an doesn’t affect anything. Yes it may not brk the game but it does tell your player base dont bother telling us about bugs or issues cuz we dont care enuf anymore to try n fix it.

if you can't beat gas with the teams you were using before to beat him you should try to
    tenor.gif?itemid=8126281

Yep never said i cant beat gas. I go thru nothing but gas teams every day with my dr/han team to take 1st in arena. Feel free chk my swgoh.gg accnt if u like. My point is the health of the game when they just leave bugs in the game cause they either have no clue how to fix it or they just dont care or mayne little of both. If it was a bug that was selling the 19.99 crystals pk for 19.98 well then that been fixed day 1 lol. Maybe your fine with a game full of bugs an a company who doesnt care enough to fix it. But me for one love this game to much to not atleast express my disappointment and dissatisfaction with their choice to leave bug alone. It wouldn’t matter if it was Ugnaught tht was bugged id expect it to be fixed.
  • wildnz wrote: »
    @DarjeloSalas The original attack is not counted.

What do you mean? It absolutely is counted, as every other time I use this move enemy GAS counters.

• On the topic of this counter bug why does gas not counter when malak uses drain life? Its a atk yet its the only atk i can use on my dr team tht doesn't cause gas to counter me. Am I missing something?
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    @Pieeater420 It cant be countered - in his kit its very clear. PS we must be related … I love my Pies
  • Gifafi wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=8126281

Yep never said i cant beat gas. I go thru nothing but gas teams every day with my dr/han team to take 1st in arena. Feel free chk my swgoh.gg accnt if u like. My point is the health of the game when they just leave bugs in the game cause they either have no clue how to fix it or they just dont care or mayne little of both. If it was a bug that was selling the 19.99 crystals pk for 19.98 well then that been fixed day 1 lol. Maybe your fine with a game full of bugs an a company who doesnt care enough to fix it. But me for one love this game to much to not atleast express my disappointment and dissatisfaction with their choice to leave bug alone. It wouldn’t matter if it was Ugnaught tht was bugged id expect it to be fixed.

I'm not ok with bugs, just making a point. I mean, I'd love it if everything worked bug free, but the GAS bug mentioned here and the one that's not a bug (iirc) with him countering before sitting seem not to affect anything really. Like the fives bug.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • On the topic of this counter bug why does gas not counter when malak uses drain life? Its a atk yet its the only atk i can use on my dr team tht doesn't cause gas to counter me. Am I missing something?

I suggest re-reading the Drain life description. it is not able to be countered.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • ZAP wrote: »

As one of your AC friends would say to anyone else who posted this, post a video or you’re misremembering what happened 😁
    I have no friends. Only AssoCiates.

I’m not in the habit of recording my battles, but I know what I saw. I do appreciate that the most likely explanation is I am wrong, but I am certain I’m not.
  • ZAP wrote: »

As one of your AC friends would say to anyone else who posted this, post a video or you’re misremembering what happened 😁

AC friends?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    @DarjeloSalas The original attack is not counted.

Wrong.
  • The scenario I’m “wrong” about is demonstrated in Xaertehs’ latest you tube “H3nz” v RM Sergaal ; approx 2m 48s Mark. He has Gas down to a small amount of protection, he deliberately uses Hans “shrug” special which calls chewy - and this drops gas with no counter. I’m not saying this is a bug - just a way to avoid the counter of GAS before he sits down. The same method can be used with Ahsoka. Just trying to help people.
    The scenario I’m “wrong” about is demonstrated in Xaertehs’ latest you tube “H3nz” v RM Sergaal ; approx 2m 48s Mark. He has Gas down to a small amount of protection, he deliberately uses Hans “shrug” special which calls chewy - and this drops gas with no counter. I’m not saying this is a bug - just a way to avoid the counter of GAS before he sits down. The same method can be used with Ahsoka. Just trying to help people.

Hans "shrug" is not an attack, and therefore will not trigger a counter attack. Same with any non attack based specials used by a galactic republic character that procs ahsoka to assist.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • lunatiq23
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I do the same thing daily with DR/Han so I know exactly what you are talking about. For those doing GAS mirror matches, you probably won't see the difference, but I do. The bug does make a significant difference, because GAS can take out a toon just by counter-attacking before he takes cover. It can affect the outcome of the match, although luckily I've still managed to get my 1st daily. CG saying that it has no significant impact so they ain't going to fix it just reeks of apathy and incompetence, or maybe this was an intended buff disguised as a bug in the first place.