answer to TB rotations is not answer to the question that was asked

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    At this point we should just take the standpoint of keeping it alive and keeping it at the top so the devs know its something the players want answered. We could also send them DMs till we get a response as well. Just a suggestion.

This thread is the equivalent of constantly asking your parents “are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?”, while they sit in the front biting their lips in quiet anger.

Except I'm quite sure the emotion CG staff are feeling is not anger, but rather enjoyment.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    At this point we should just take the standpoint of keeping it alive and keeping it at the top so the devs know its something the players want answered. We could also send them DMs till we get a response as well. Just a suggestion.

This thread is the equivalent of constantly asking your parents “are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?”, while they sit in the front biting their lips in quiet anger.

Except I'm quite sure the emotion CG staff are feeling is not anger, but rather enjoyment.

The parents have on noise canceling headphones and aren’t even aware the children are talking...
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

The parents have on noise canceling headphones and aren’t even aware the children are talking...

I don't think the parents even remember they have kids at this point.
  • Mitch08 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

I don't think the parents even remember they have kids at this point.

If CG was a parent they would get induced early to have a kid on dec 31st for a tax break then immediately sell the child then alter the deal to try to get more money later after the sale.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Jarvind wrote: »
    DRD1812 wrote: »

IPD isn't the problem

Here's the relevant excerpt from the original question:
    Q: Would it be possible to pick between both old TB's while still alternating LS & DS Geo TB? The content is very old at this point, but our guild still doesn't have the Probe Droid across the board (and I don't believe anybody has a 7*). We've graduated to DS Geo TB, but we've been able to alternate between standard Imperial DS TB and Geo. Now with the release of LS Geo TB we're losing the opportunity to alternate DS TB's and we've got no further use of the LS Rebel TB, and are probably years away from doing LS Geo TB.

I'll refer you back to my original comment.

Id like more probe droid shards.... but im not going to give up get 2 to perfect run dsHoth. I would however give up lsGeo to do it.

Plus id like mote wampa kills with buba fett

At this point the thread is about answering the question he said he was looking into and would be getting back to us.

Lets see him get back to us now
  • At least there's another Q&A coming around.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I feel like if any of you guys ask any questions they'll just cancel the Q&A though.
    I feel like if any of you guys ask any questions they'll just cancel the Q&A though.

Too late! I asked this one (amongst many others)

I think most people would agree that the LS Geo TB is “Hard”. I would imagine that even 300 million GP guilds are struggling with it. That being said, instead of forcing guilds to either choose between a very easy LS Hoth TB or a very hard LS Geo TB, would it possible to tweak the choices? For instance, LS Hoth TB OR a DS Geo TB? Two weeks later, a DS Hoth TB OR a LS Geo TB? This way, a guild would be in a position to choose a TB that is better suited to their guild.

Just to be clear:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

Another alternative idea would be:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

Yet another alternative idea would be:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB / DS Geo TB

To be 100% clear, the choice we do NOT want is: LS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Well yes of course.

I think most people would agree that the LS Geo TB is “Hard”. I would imagine that even 300 million GP guilds are struggling with it. That being said, instead of forcing guilds to either choose between a very easy LS Hoth TB or a very hard LS Geo TB, would it possible to tweak the choices? For instance, LS Hoth TB OR a DS Geo TB? Two weeks later, a DS Hoth TB OR a LS Geo TB? This way, a guild would be in a position to choose a TB that is better suited to their guild.

Just to be clear:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

Another alternative idea would be:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

Yet another alternative idea would be:
    Choice 1 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB / DS Geo TB
    Choice 2 - LS Hoth TB / DS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB / DS Geo TB

To be 100% clear, the choice we do NOT want is: LS Hoth TB / LS Geo TB

This is the real reason we didnt get a Q&A in February. Because your asking these relevant questions and stuff. Knock it off and just buy more packs.

They dodged the Q in December then said they will get back to us.

Had a Q&A in January and still ignored this question. Apparently it slipped past them again.

Then after running out of excuses they just cancelled the Feb Q&A rather than have to give their customers a response (or publically ignore this for a 3rd time) to a question they have had 3 months to think about.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Um there is a Q&A in February....
  • I asked as well but i was a bit less polite
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

It's actually the approach taking in Shawshank Redemption to get a response about setting up a library in the jail. But most people probably assume childishness in these forums......which would explain why they aren't productive......or answered.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

It's actually the approach taking in Shawshank Redemption to get a response about setting up a library in the jail. But most people probably assume childishness in these forums......which would explain why they aren't productive......or answered.

How's your library looking so far?

At this point..There is no need to even answer the question. Many Guilds have already figured out how to achieve their max stars through preloading a non-starred territory. The number of Guilds looking to skip LGeo (and get the achievement for MaxDsHoth) has dropped dramatically.

So you’re telling me you’d rather get significantly less stars in LS Geo than have the ability to choose DS Geo each time? That’s what this post is about. Most of us don’t care about either Hoth TB.

At this point..There is no need to even answer the question. Many Guilds have already figured out how to achieve their max stars through preloading a non-starred territory. The number of Guilds looking to skip LGeo (and get the achievement for MaxDsHoth) has dropped dramatically.

So you’re telling me you’d rather get significantly less stars in LS Geo than have the ability to choose DS Geo each time? That’s what this post is about. Most of us don’t care about either Hoth TB.

That's not at all what this thread is about...the whole point of the original question was to ask about changing the TB choices so they could play the Hoth one they wanted to.

• That's not at all what this thread is about...the whole point of the original question was to ask about changing the TB choices so they could play the Hoth one they wanted to.

True. But what I was suggesting also solves the question the OP was asking. If you could choose which TB you participated in every time guilds could do DS Hoth whenever they wanted to. Or any other TB.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

That's not at all what this thread is about...the whole point of the original question was to ask about changing the TB choices so they could play the Hoth one they wanted to.

This thread stopped being about the original question long ago.
  • I know what I'm asking in this upcoming Q&A
  • Yall know they are going to give the most basic form of a "no" answer to this right?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I know what I'm asking in this upcoming Q&A
    I know who is getting ignored in this upcoming Q&A
  • Wonder of crumb or kyno can tell us if they plan to answer this question at the next Q&A or if we have to rely on EA's suprise mechanics to find out when then Q&A happens?

@CG_SBCrumb @Kyno care to let us know what you guys plan to do? Or u wanna keep us in the dark?

Just curious...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    A non answer is an answer.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I know what I'm asking in this upcoming Q&A
    I know who is getting ignored in this upcoming Q&A

Everyone?

giphy.gif
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    A non answer is an answer.

I'm very aware of that. Had that been the simply what happened then this is just another case of a question they ignore... but that's not the case they actually answered it in a q&a then apologized for misunderstanding the question and said they will re ask it and give us an update.

So what does a non answer after a promise for an update on the issue mean?

That's a little different than completely ignoring the question for the beginning. Obviously if they addressed what they thought was the question in a Q&A the devs saw some value in replying to the question at some point in time.
This discussion has been closed.