Star Wars the High Republic

Replies

• Comics? Not really..
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    I guess we will see these characters in the game next year.
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    Comics? Not really..

It should start with a PC game
  • 🎾🥎🏀
  • Always happy to get new star wars content
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I’m excited to see where they go with this era. I hope they create something bold and new, not a bunch of random references to the Skywalker Saga.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    I’m excited to see where they go with this era. I hope they create something bold and new, not a bunch of random references to the Skywalker Saga.
    I feel like they will introduce the chosen one prophecy in this era and why the jedi order was obsessed with finding the chosen one
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I feel like they will introduce the chosen one prophecy in this era and why the jedi order was obsessed with finding the chosen one

Definitely would like to see that
  • Tired of Jedi, need more darkside content and this wont fill it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Johanides
    25 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Tired of Jedi, need more darkside content and this wont fill it.

I would like to see some sith-ish dark siders too, but I'm afraid that this will be "only" some criminals.
    Sith are extinct for 1000 years, as Yoda said. (Even thou we know there were some, but they did't confrontate jedi)
  • They already said some gang or clan or some type of group will be the bad guys in it. Not interested in that at this point.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • They called the gang the Nihil. Add an us to that and you get the best Sith Lord ever o95sxhmbu1os.jpg
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Johanides wrote: »

I would like to see some sith-ish dark siders too, but I'm afraid that this will be "only" some criminals.
    Sith are extinct for 1000 years, as Yoda said. (Even thou we know there were some, but they did't confrontate jedi)

100% this.

(Except it was Ki-Adi Mundi who said "The Sith have been extinct for a millennia" followed by Windu: "I don't believe the Sith could have returned without us knowing").

So regardless, the Sith never face Jedi or let their presence in the galaxy be known to Jedi for 1000 years before the Phantom Menace. This "High Republic" era is only 200 years prior.

No Sith are logically expected to show up, and I agree @LordDirt - this just sounds boring.

All we can expect is Jedi doing there thing as peacekeepers. We may get introduced to the prophecy of the chosen one, but who knows.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

100% this.

(Except it was Ki-Adi Mundi who said "The Sith have been extinct for a millennia" followed by Windu: "I don't believe the Sith could have returned without us knowing").

So regardless, the Sith never face Jedi or let their presence in the galaxy be known to Jedi for 1000 years before the Phantom Menace. This "High Republic" era is only 200 years prior.

No Sith are logically expected to show up, and I agree @LordDirt - this just sounds boring.

All we can expect is Jedi doing there thing as peacekeepers. We may get introduced to the prophecy of the chosen one, but who knows.

But there is so much more than just this! The opportunity that comes with this era will be phenomenal.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Sith, but in everything, every game, every book, every movie, for the past forever, the Sith have been the only thing standing in the way of the Jedi. I’m sick of that.

I want to see the Czerka Corporation widespread. I want diseases ravaging the galaxy. I want a galaxy in development. I want to see something different! And this era can do that! That’s what excites me.

Now, knowing it’s Disney... that doesn’t get my hopes up.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

100% this.

But there is so much more than just this! The opportunity that comes with this era will be phenomenal.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Sith, but in everything, every game, every book, every movie, for the past forever, the Sith have been the only thing standing in the way of the Jedi. I’m sick of that.

I want to see the Czerka Corporation widespread. I want diseases ravaging the galaxy. I want a galaxy in development. I want to see something different! And this era can do that! That’s what excites me.

Now, knowing it’s Disney... that doesn’t get my hopes up.

True, but the confrontation of Jedi v. Sith or darkside users is really the centre point of Star Wars and I guess what "binds the galaxy together" lol.

We should also remember this is not Old Republic (as in KOTOR), but High Republic. It is the Galactic Republic we see from the PT, but at its peak. So I don't think we'll likely see a "galaxy in development" but we will certainly see the Jedi in their absolute prime. And if this is before the Darkside has grown in power and limits the ability of the Jedi to use their force powers, we could see some truly cool things.

But - what will it look like? More border disputes, trade blockades? That all sounds rather boring.

Perhaps underworld? Like The Hutt Cartel or maybe even the Mandalorians? When was that Viszla Jedi around who created the Dark Saber? Would that be this era?

If so, some of that could be interesting - but it all still sounds to underwhelming for badass Jedi Order in their prime.