Thrawn at 7*....what now of Phoenix?

Hello everyone...

I just got my Thrawn at 7* (Palp was easier).
My Phoenix Squad is all G9 and Ezra and Kanan G10.

Should I keep gearing Phoenix up? Or better invest in Empire now?

My understanding:
Phoenix Squad is a early/mid game team only. not really usable later on

Ezra has space in late game, in a Jedi (JKR team), so must g13 him

Kanan is only usable to get GMY, after that, no more space.

Rest of the Phoenix becomes obsolete.

Iam thinking, if Phoenix will still be great in TW, to have a Hera, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper and Sabine team (as Ezra will be on a Jedi team).

But I need some enlightment... how should I proceed?
thanks

Replies

• Ezra isn't going to be I your final lineup for JKR, so you don't need to gear him that much just for that purpose. Phoenix teams can still be useful in TW and TB because of their survivability, plus hoth TB requires phoenix for one battle. So upgrading them now would still be a good idea, but you dont really have to now.
  • You can pretty much ignore phoenix from here on out, there are much better teams to focus on.
  • Phoenix is hot garbage, and the only uses are to obtain Thrawn, and to beat the mission in Hoth. Don't waste any more gear on them than is necessary for those two things.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Phoenix is hot garbage, and the only uses are to obtain Thrawn, and to beat the mission in Hoth. Don't waste any more gear on them than is necessary for those two things.
    Correction — Phoenix except Ezra are hot garbage 😉
    Ezra at Relic 7 alongside R7 GMY can murder a DR/Malak team
    Look up —> “R7 Darth Revan Destroyed In Only 2 Hits!! This Team Is Ferocious!! - SWGOH“
    On YouTube.

Saying that Ezra is a bit of a Luxury pick to relic!

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    if you use their ships they can be good, but that is all. ezra is an ok 5th in a jedi squad but there are better ones
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ezra isn't going to be I your final lineup for JKR, so you don't need to gear him that much just for that purpose. Phoenix teams can still be useful in TW and TB because of their survivability, plus hoth TB requires phoenix for one battle. So upgrading them now would still be a good idea, but you dont really have to now.

For Hoth TB Phoenix are needed for 2 battles zone 1 and zone 6 (if your guild does Hoth TB). The ships are good too until you get better ones
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Ezra, Sabine and Chopper remain decent gap-fillers for a variety of teams. The others become pretty obsolete, although their ships are both good.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    What gap does Chopper fill?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Agreed that you can mostly shelf Phoenix for now, you will probably want to dust the pilots off and take them to g11 or so down the road when you are ready to unlock Han’s Millennium Falcon and run a Rebel fleet.

But of course that means farming the bounty hunters for Chewbacca, the bounty hunters ships, and finishing (raid) Han Solo from the pit - and you will likely also want use your new Empire team to get R2D2 ( to later get Heroes Journey Commander Luke Skywalker) first.

• While there are certainly better options for gear for squad purposes a question for you to answer is where you are at with your fleet challenges.

Odds are at this point the Ghost and Phantom are two of your best ships. If you have not yet maxed out challenges you can use them in it could make sense to gear them a bit more till you have those challenges into sim mode vs working up new ships for that purpose.
  • Skies439
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I just started secondary account. my current one got JKR G13 relic 2 and Padme 7* G12 and still farming for anakin 7*.

I feel after Phoenix just farm bastilla, anakin, ahsoka. and you can get grand master yoda with jedi team of those 3 + ezra & kanan. you can use bastilla jedi lead team to float in arena.
    this way you can use anakin and ahsoka ships which we use for the end game.

for dark side gear up thrawn, vader, palp, tarkin and farm geonosians, kylo ren and bossk. (kylo ren probably optional but it helped)
    All 5 geonosians will get you padme and you can use their 3 ships for fleet arena and battle (soldier, spy, sun fac).
    Use ackbar capital ship before move to thrawn then to general kenobi capital ship.

then you can focus farming other toons for general skywalker.

Probably I'm not 100% right but in my head thats probably the most efficient way I can think of to get Padme full team, since that team seems to rank higher than darth revan on swgoh.gg
  • Re: Ezra, he has served me well at relic 7 but I wouldn't gear him up nowadays. Against DRM and in HAAT, JKA is a much better choice for his AOE and buff / healing immunity. In HSTR / GAC / TW / TB, you can run Shaak Ti or Hoda with JKR to free up GK for Padme. Or even GAS if you run Shaak Ti with the 501st. And with relic Han and Chewie he's not really needed on a CLS squad either.

Fleet used to be a huge selling point, but rebels are no longer meta. I wouldn't invest any gear in Phoenix these days beyond what is absolutely necessary to unlock Palp and Thrawn.
  • You might give them a little, mostly Ezra & Kanan for use w/ Jedi. But not much.

I recently replaced Ezra on my Jedi team when Gen.Kenobi hit 7*. He's at G11.3
    Someday maybe I'll put the last 3 pieces in to G12, that would be it.

Similarly my Kanan is 10.4 from early use use before I got J.Revan.
    I might consider going to 11.0 w/ him just for the final levels of Ghost's AE.
    But again that would be it.

I have not touched Zeb or Hera since I got Thrawn at G8.4, other than to take them from 81 to 85.
    Sabine is still 4* and will only hit 5 if I get a LOT of her from that one monthly rebel battle that hands out shards.

Rebels fleet is still the best some folks can get since if your not doing GEO TB then your not getting a better ship set.