I received double rewards KAM shards

Replies

• Gifafi wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    6coxzt7roaog.gif

Shocked you’d even insinuate cheating is okay. That’s not even funny to joke about.

cheating?

Yes, if you get awarded something that was a mistake, and you don’t speak up about it, you’re a cheater/thief. And insinuating one should remain quiet, joking or not, is perpetuating the idea that it’s okay to continue that path.

Well said.
    Hard to digest this lack of involvement from the community.
    Thanks for reacting to it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    6coxzt7roaog.gif

Shocked you’d even insinuate cheating is okay. That’s not even funny to joke about.

cheating?

Yes, if you get awarded something that was a mistake, and you don’t speak up about it, you’re a cheater/thief. And insinuating one should remain quiet, joking or not, is perpetuating the idea that it’s okay to continue that path.

lol ok.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • It’s something that can be done intentionally, so yes, it’s cheating if you do it on purpose.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    It’s something that can be done intentionally, so yes, it’s cheating if you do it on purpose.
    I thought the game was accidentally sending you double the shards, but I just found out a few hours ago that it is an exploit, rather than the game's fault
  • I for one didn’t get double shards, so I’ve changed my mind and I’m now outraged and demand compensation or a rollback.
  • I think tracking the amount of shards that were given out and then giving double to those who did not already receive double is the only acceptable make good here. Put me at a whopping 8 kam but taking away peoples rewards for your bug is a terrible business practice and hopefully they dont do it again
  • Ultra wrote: »
    It’s something that can be done intentionally, so yes, it’s cheating if you do it on purpose.
    I thought the game was accidentally sending you double the shards, but I just found out a few hours ago that it is an exploit, rather than the game's fault

I don't know the exploitable aspect of it, but many simply received those shards after a client restart after they received it in their inbox and doing nothing else.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

I don't know the exploitable aspect of it, but many simply received those shards after a client restart after they received it in their inbox and doing nothing else.

Hi,

It was actually a server update, I suspect that triggered the bug. Due to the time zone I had no chance to accept the rewards but just after the update. I accepted it, went into store or arena then another notification popped up and I was thinking I haven't accepted them, being morning and all.
    Just 1h later I realized I got the reward twice and started to ask around in the guild.
    So I do not think I can exploit the server update part.

Thanks.
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Im just shocked that CG hasn't acknowledged the bug yet haha
  • So I'm speaking up cuz I dont wanna be a cheater. should I play the assault battles again today? They are still available for me and probally several others...

What if it's the morning and I'm just clicking stuff is CG really gonna penalize people for playing the game or collecting rewards?
  • So I'm speaking up cuz I dont wanna be a cheater. should I play the assault battles again today? They are still available for me and probally several others...

What if it's the morning and I'm just clicking stuff is CG really gonna penalize people for playing the game or collecting rewards?

If past history is any indication, they will ask us all not to take advantage of their error. Then they will reward those who do it anyway.
  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »

This guy knows cheating.

Yes officer I'd like to report a murder
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »

This guy knows cheating.

t'was funny, but "cheating" not cheating imo.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »

This guy knows cheating.

t'was funny, but "cheating" not cheating imo.

sorry not sorry
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Exploit=hack
    Smokers often have bad lungs and hack
    Smokers are cheaters!

Simple logic.
  • It has been marked for investigation. Until it gets acknowledged and futher fixed expect we would have 5-6 GL pairs already and KAM would be obsolete. Sounds like CG
  • It has been marked for investigation. Until it gets acknowledged and futher fixed expect we would have 5-6 GL pairs already and KAM would be obsolete. Sounds like CG

Hi,

But still there is no official announcement so again sounds like CG.

Thanks,
  • No announcement from CG because some of the biggest spenders in this game are culprits on it. Its an exploit that a certain guild knew of (and some other guilds - who also did it). It was made known to CG - and they're not acting on it (likely, I suspect, due to the money spent by the people benefiting from it).

The reasoning now is that "well, if CG doesn't do anything - it's no longer an exploit".

I'll bet dollars to donuts they'll quietly patch it (with no announcement) and pretend none of this ever happened and hope it all goes away when people start unlocking KAM on the next TB.
  • Bezu
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Broxxor wrote: »
    No announcement from CG because some of the biggest spenders in this game are culprits on it. Its an exploit that a certain guild knew of (and some other guilds - who also did it). It was made known to CG - and they're not acting on it (likely, I suspect, due to the money spent by the people benefiting from it).

The reasoning now is that "well, if CG doesn't do anything - it's no longer an exploit".

I'll bet dollars to donuts they'll quietly patch it (with no announcement) and pretend none of this ever happened and hope it all goes away when people start unlocking KAM on the next TB.

Hi,

Well we are no Krakens guild. And it did happened to us as well.
    I would not make any accusations. I would just like to see they acknowledge it and fix it.

Thanks.
  • Bezu wrote: »
    No announcement from CG because some of the biggest spenders in this game are culprits on it. Its an exploit that a certain guild knew of (and some other guilds - who also did it). It was made known to CG - and they're not acting on it (likely, I suspect, due to the money spent by the people benefiting from it).

Hi,

I would not make any accusations. I would just like to see they acknowledge it and fix it.

Thanks.

Only some from your guild got it double, right?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Bezu wrote: »

Hi,

Thanks.

Yes, some of us not all, due to the timezone difference I cannot guarantee that all answered my request.
    And I can say 100% that also F2P players got it twice.
    So it was a strange bug. I suspected as I said the update and the time we accepted the reward.
  • Bezu wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Bezu wrote: »

Hi,

Thanks.

Yes, some of us not all, due to the timezone difference I cannot guarantee that all answered my request.
    And I can say 100% that also F2P players got it twice.
    So it was a strange bug. I suspected as I said the update and the time we accepted the reward.

I was on chat right at the time rewards were given out. I didn't get it twice while my guildies did. The ones that got it twice did nothing special besides restarting the client.
  • @MaruMaru Seems your guild unknowingly got it. Another guild got it twice (did the same thing both times) to exploit it.
  • Let’s bring this topic back to the front page shall we? It’s something that needs to be addressed but they have yet to even at least acknowledge this
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    @MaruMaru Seems your guild unknowingly got it. Another guild got it twice (did the same thing both times) to exploit it.

Hi,

I wrote already how it happened to me, accepted the rewards, did an arena battle and when I got put the notification was there again, I was thinking I miss clicked. Just 1h later I realized well I got the rewards twice.
    Was in the morning when it happened.
    Had initially 3 notifications, raid rewards, TB rewards and a new raid being started, as far as I remember.
    So the fact others had to restart the client is not quite the trigger. I still suspect it has something to do with the Update that happend during the night before.

Thanks,
  • Bezu
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Let’s bring this topic back to the front page shall we? It’s something that needs to be addressed but they have yet to even at least acknowledge this

Hi,

Yes, a very good idea.
    I also asked it in the Q&A but guess what, my question was not picked up.
    They said they watch the forum and pick the high topics, this one has 4k+ views so I have no idea how they classify a high topic, maybe same as they classify "new content".

Thanks,
This discussion has been closed.