Developer Q&A - 02/27/2020

Replies

• jesus @LendersQuiz have you been pondering on this for the past 90 days? :D
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    >LendersQuiz entered the chat

Good Q&A boys, lets do this again next month
  • Do you ever intend to remove the hyper drive bundle for accounts that clearly don't intend to buy it.
  • Why don’t the vulture droids that the malevolence calls in when it uses its special have the capability to inflict buff immunity on their special ability like the vulture droid that we have in our inventory?

Since we are getting a change to echo’s basic that was originally planned to synergize with an earlier iteration of General Skywalker, can we get an update to Canderous Ordo’s unique that was clearly meant to synergize with Darth Revan’s death mark? Possible solutions that come to mind are to give Canderous the Sith Empire tag in addition to the old republic tag so that he can be used on a Darth Revan team effectively, or maybe make it so that if an enemy gains taunt, he gains 8% turn meter (like what he gains if someone damages an enemy with a dot on them) and completely remove the mark and deathmark parts of his kit.

You mentioned in the past that the mod challenges would get an update to the final tier so that they would only drop 5* mods. Any update as to when that will be released into the game?

Can we get updates on a few tags for important characters? For example, Visas Marr was in fact a Jedi after the teachings of the exile, and she also was allied with the Old Republic. Giving her either or both tags would help give her a permanent home with JKR or the Carth Old Republic squad. Other characters that come to mind are the Vets getting resistance tags and Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum getting the phoenix tag.

I’ve recently watched Star Wars Rebels on Disney+, and I realized that there are a criminally large number of good characters in that series that aren’t in game; such as Agent Kallus, the inquisitors, young Wedge, Hondo Onaka, AP-5, Fen Rau, and many more. When are we going to get these characters into the game?

Now that we have introduced characters that can summon a 6th unit into the ally slot, can we finally get all 6 members of phoenix squadron on the field at once? Possibly add an ability for Hera to either call your existing geared up Chopper from your roster to the ally slot, or have her summon a chopper to the field that scales with her gear level if chopper is not already on the field. I think it’s only fair at this point, and it won’t break the game to have all 6 on the field at once, since it doesn’t break the game to have geo brute and sentry turret on the field.

Why can't I use my 6* malevolence in phase two of the dark side territory battle, geonosis? Both battles require either Chimera or Executor, and don’t allow for any additional dark side capital ships.

Why can't we use our Chimera for the DSTB P2 Fleet mission? We have to use a non-upgraded version of the chimera and thrawn that has inferior stats to ones in our roster.

When will we be getting characters/ships in game from the Mandalorian?

When is Division 1 of GAC going to get split up to accommodate the vast difference in GP between the lower half and the upper half?

When are officers going to get more options for orders to use in guild events?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    At what point, exactly, did you stop caring if we had fun? I imagine it was around November 2019, and you got tired of us hounding you about LSTB, so you made it as un-fun as possible just to spite us.
    You didn’t have fun playing challenge tiers of assault battles?
  • so has top hat become... down with the sickness? :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • QOL question
    are we going to have fleet management soon?
    since we are having more ships, would be nice that we can save the fleet lineup just like squads management
  • Ultra wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    At what point, exactly, did you stop caring if we had fun? I imagine it was around November 2019, and you got tired of us hounding you about LSTB, so you made it as un-fun as possible just to spite us.
    You didn’t have fun playing challenge tiers of assault battles?

Forest Moon was good, except you have to spend 20 minutes to get to the rng check in wave 4. Auto'd ct1 of Rebel Roundup and didn't even attempt ct2 because I knew it wouldn't be worth my time.

But, 1 mostly fun event over the course of the past 6 months does not change the fact that it's very clear they no longer care if we actually enjoy the game.
  • Is there any new PLAYABLE content coming in the near future (2 months) besides GL’s? GL’s are at least 6-8 months away for most players so we desperately need something new to be able to in the mean time.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Touché
  • 1. Will all GLs be announced this far in advance allowing more time for farming before the event? Or is this an exception because it is the first GL and it is taking more time to get it ready than originally planned for?

2. Are there any plans for the last season of CW? Reworks? New toons or events?

3. Any update on the new raid?
  • Will my wish that praetorian guard and commando droid will be added to the game in 2020 come true?
  • There's a lot of people corcerned about the late game and new content. What about what is already done? Like Territory War statistics, Officers and Leaders need more ways to check who fighted who with what, who battle and left with damage and no damage at all. Can't you guys make like a battle report of the fights that occurred in the Territory War?
  • I would like to see more stats in TB/TW for the guild.

For TW - battles attempted by member (won/lost) by node, GP defeated by member.

For TB - can we expand the GP deployed to each node as it is SO hard to figure out who deployed where in order to chase people down. Also can you split up combats attempted by node for the same reason?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited February 2020
    ignore post
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited February 2020
    so has top hat become... down with the sickness? :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Indeed, he is down down with the sickness unfortunately. We will miss his prolific answering abilities today. Ohh wa ah ah ah
    **CHARACTERS aka TOONs**
    I sent a bunch of your questions to the team! I don't think we will get through all of yours but thanks for answering the survey and posting them here.
  • Please add an option to disable auto-sort in mods and add an option to reverse-sort.
    In this video, I Ievel approximately 30 "MK V-E" mods to L12 to drop all stats as quickly as I can. It takes over 6 minutes to do this because the mods resort as soon as a mod is levelled.
    I used a clicker to count this:I swipe to re-scroll through the mod list to find my previous place approximately 300+ times while levelling these ~30 mods to get all stats to drop. This is roughly 10 swipes PER MOD! My hand literally hurt after all these swipes to scroll back to where I was.
    Please fix this in the next QoL update. This current system with the auto-sort is painful... Literally.

https://youtu.be/onEHXc7esdo
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Crumb whatever happened to that puzzle you were working on? Was it General Skywalker? Curious what happened to it and if there is a story behind it worth sharing
  • I third the ability to summon Chopper with Hera! I enjoy the squad and having all 6 in at once would be awesome!
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    so has top hat become... down with the sickness? :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Indeed, he is down down with the sickness unfortunately. We will miss his prolific answering abilities today. Ohh wa ah ah ah

Awesome response! Wishing Tophat the best all jokes aside ;)
  • Is there any plans in the future to make g13 crafted parts(finishers) available for all characters that need them or they will stay unique to each and every character? (example: Darth Malak and Darth Vader share same g13 finisher but once you crafted on Vader it can't be equipped on Malak)
  • 2) Why can't we have all four kinds of energy listed at the top on the main screen. If there is not enough space, why can't you make the XP bar half the size to free up space?

44s5i62fs4rc.jpg

• Can you scale back Hounds Tooth to only be useful with a Dark Side capital ship? Every fleet battle is basically the same......focus HT THEN everyone else. Write in his code that he only gets the prot up when allied with a DS capital ship or something
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Crumb whatever happened to that puzzle you were working on? Was it General Skywalker? Curious what happened to it and if there is a story behind it worth sharing

I was planning for the General Skywalker release but the timing didn't end up working out. I had to scrap the original plan due to schedule changes and I wasn't really happy with the back-up plan. Half done and half baked didn't seem worthy of General Skywalker. In general, it's not something I've had a ton of time for recently though I really want to do one in the next couple month. No promises but cross your fingers.
  • Can we get a new item that can be purchased with crystals that allows you to REMOVE a zeta from a character for the purpose of reallocation? This would be a big plus for us seasoned players who dropped zetas on characters that became useless.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I was planning for the General Skywalker release but the timing didn't end up working out. I had to scrap the original plan due to schedule changes and I wasn't really happy with the back-up plan. Half done and half baked didn't seem worthy of General Skywalker. In general, it's not something I've had a ton of time for recently though I really want to do one in the next couple month. No promises but cross your fingers.
    Good call. As much as I love the puzzles, I don’t think the community wants something half-done and half-baked

Hope you have some time in the near future for another but it’s understandable if you can’t do it
  • Same thing as last post but for gear applied to a character within a gear level that isn't finished!
  • Game Mechanics Question: Are my arena squad and fleet snapshots in time from my last battle, or do they change as I alter the toons/ships? Specifically, if I mod my arena team with all my best mods and finish my final battle, then remove mods from them, is my arena team now weakened?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Hopefully this happens Crumb, we're waiting!
This discussion has been closed.