685 posts EA Community Manager
edited February 2020
2y0fh79btamj.jpg

[Developer Insight]

UNIT NAME: Finalizer
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Capital Ship, First Order
FLEET COMMANDER: General Hux
First Order Capital ship that enables the First Order fleet to have an early game advantage and relentlessly pursue enemies

ABILITIES:

Basic: Lay Waste

vfnr4t3d10p5.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is Hunted, deal damage a second time. Target ally gains Critical Damage Up for 2 turns and if they are First Order they are also called to assist, dealing 30% less damage.

Special 1: Quell (Cooldown 2)

oemf1bsg444b.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Offense Down and Target Lock for 3 turns. If the target is Resistance or Hunted, these effects can't be resisted.

Special 2: Ravage (Cooldown 4)

swes51uxzkdh.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies. This attack deals 100% more damage for each Hunted enemy.

Special 3: (Ultimate) Extinguish Hope (Cooldown 3)

294p8en7luf7.gif

FINAL TEXT: All Hunted enemies lose 35% Turn Meter and the target enemy becomes Hunted until they are defeated, which can't be copied, dispelled, prevented, or resisted. Then, deal Physical damage to target enemy.

First Order allies gain Defense Penetration and Offense Up for 2 turns.

This ability can't be evaded and is available for use at the start of battle.

Hunted: Deals 75% less damage with out of turn attacks and can't gain bonus Turn Meter

Unique: Two Steps Ahead

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle the Finalizer gains 15 Speed for each other active First Order ally until the end of its first turn. All First Order allies active at the start of battle have +50% Max Health and have their Reinforcement abilities activated (debuffs from these abilities will not be inflicted).

First Order allies recover 25% Health when they critically hit an enemy. If a First Order ally defeats a Hunted enemy, that ally gains 25% Critical Damage (stacking, max 5 stacks) until the end of battle.

Reinforcement Bonus:
Reinforcements gain Advantage for 2 turns. If the Reinforcement is First Order they also gain 25% Critical Damage until the end of battle and the Finalizer gains 30% Turn Meter.

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited February 2020
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle the Finalizer gains 15 Speed for each other active First Order ally until the end of its first turn. All First Order allies active at the start of battle have +50% Max Health and have their Reinforcement abilities activated (debuffs from these abilities will not be inflicted).

First Order allies recover 25% Health when they critically hit an enemy. If a First Order ally defeats a Hunted enemy, that ally gains 25% Critical Damage (stacking, max 5 stacks) until the end of battle.
    eeodq8mptdxx.gif

KRU is going to single handedly destroy the meta
  • <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• There is only one animation for all moves?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited February 2020
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    There is only one animation for all moves?
    They recently made an update to quicken ship battles by only giving capital ship ultimates animation

It was around the time Negotiator joined the holotables
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    can we stop using HT as the rex of ships
    Post edited by Boomer8800 on
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I like it, I want it.
  • Well, that's look interesting. More interesting than Raddus (on paper at least).
  • Ultra wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    There is only one animation for all moves?
    They recently made an update to quicken ship battles by only giving capital ship ultimates animation

It was around the time Negotiator joined the holotables

I know they sped up/shortened most animations, but this ship has 3 abilities that have pretty much the same indistinguishable animation, just one of them happens to be an AOE. All other ships have multiple animations.
  • But can you target the HMF with the ultimate? Might be fast enough to out-speed it to the first turn. If not it seems kind of wasted against Rebels.
  • So the only way to get Hunted is through the Ultimate. Interesting. It will be cool to see how much Hunted will play into Ship Arena. The Falcon/Ackbar might finally be more easily countered.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    So the only way to get Hunted is through the Ultimate. Interesting. It will be cool to see how much Hunted will play into Ship Arena. The Falcon/Ackbar might finally be more easily countered.

It’s also important to note that Anakin’s ship gains Turn Meter and not a bonus turn, so Hunted is a powerful option against him.
  • SparkyBurns
    519 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Ultra wrote: »

eeodq8mptdxx.gif

I think this is a bit aggressive. I know my r5 6dot mod KRU Tie Silencer is still one of the easiest to destroy ships out there. It'll have a lot more utility here but with no tanks the good fleets can probably wipe him really fast and that'll cripple this squad.

We'll see
  • Looks nice.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Mil F killer for sure, don't know about current meta. Sounds interesting either way.
  • Silencer and SFTF (which can call Silencer to assist) are both extremely fast. You could get 2 stuns off before the other fleet can move. With reinforce abilities activated, SFTF is giving massive potency boost, so those stuns will typically land.
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Like raddus, needs a complete fleet around it...neg killed home1 already, not sure these new capitals are knocking off neg?
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    There's only one way to inflict Hunted? So if you kill off that ship with Hunted then... all those bonuses go away?
    I mean it's nice to have a quick ultimate ability but you're more than likely only going to be able to get like 2 hunted's on the field at one time with all the damage and target priority you're doing.
    Post edited by Alijar1 on
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif

eeodq8mptdxx.gif

I think this is a bit aggressive. I know my r5 6dot mod KRU Tie Silencer is still one of the easiest to destroy ships out there. It'll have a lot more utility here but with no tanks the good fleets can probably wipe him really fast and that'll cripple this squad.

We'll see

R7 Silencer will have 170K Health due to the +50% Max health from Finalizers Unique and will heal itself for 42K with every crit he scores. Its one of the fastest ships out there and there are many options to make him even faster or let him attack out of turn to regenerate HP.
    Dont think he will be squishi in a Finalizer Fleet.
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    With Rose coming...I will go FO for sure
  • They forgot to list its second unique, which reads as follows:

KYLO-HATING SPY:

If Kylo Ren is on the field, all attacks will target Kylo Ren. If multiple Kylo Rens, each will be attacked. All Kylo Rens start the battle Hunted.

If any enemy is Resistance, these effects apply to all First Order units.
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    There's only one way to inflict Hunted? So if you kill off that ship with Hunted then... all those bonuses go away?
    I mean it's nice to have a quick ultimate ability but you're more than likely only going to be able to get like 2 hunted's on the field at one time with all the damage and target priority you're doing.

Finalizer Ultimate has a 3 turn cool down. With all the TM being thrown around by each fighter, especially KRShuttle, it shouldn’t be difficult to apply hunt after you kill the first one.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »

eeodq8mptdxx.gif

We'll see

R7 Silencer will have 170K Health due to the +50% Max health from Finalizers Unique and will heal itself for 42K with every crit he scores. Its one of the fastest ships out there and there are many options to make him even faster or let him attack out of turn to regenerate HP.

Let’s not forget the KRU will have Afterburner + Offense Up + Defense Penetration if finalizer goes first (seems like it will). This with command shuttle giving advantage and 100% TM should kill anyone with his special
  • @CG_SBCrumb Could you clarify something regarding the kit. The kit says no debuffs will be activated from the starting line ups reinforcement abilities. Is First Order Special Forces Tie Fighter's -20% tenacity considered a debuff or a stat change for the purposes of this ability?
  • HK22 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Could you clarify something regarding the kit. The kit says no debuffs will be activated from the starting line ups reinforcement abilities. Is First Order Special Forces Tie Fighter's -20% tenacity considered a debuff or a stat change for the purposes of this ability?

Stat percent changes is a flat effect. Like +20% TM, it’s not the same as “speed up” buff. So things like -20% tenacity or +15% offense is not the same as “tenacity down” and “offense up” (de)buffs.
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »

eeodq8mptdxx.gif

We'll see

Let’s not forget the KRU will have Afterburner + Offense Up + Defense Penetration if finalizer goes first (seems like it will). This with command shuttle giving advantage and 100% TM should kill anyone with his special

Let's look at it from a Negotiator standpoint (which I'm familiar with... don't know about Malevolence). You'll get the opportunity to go first and wreck someone on the opposing team. If you target Anakin, you kill him, cause Unending Loyalty to go off, and put him in stealth. Now you can't hurt him and he's free to put the hurt on anyone in your squad. You're possibly going to get to go again, even with Tie Silencer potentially because of Command Shuttle feeding TM.

If your opponent's lineup has Ahsoka or Rex, you can kill either one of them pretty easily I imagine. But then Anakin gets a boosted attack, he may not get the TM gain but he'll still do a ton of damage. Might not kill Silencer in one hit, but probably could take out any of the other ships since there's really no tank. If you do have HT in the lineup, he can put buff immunity and healing immunity on it with his AoE which also does big damage to everyone else. Either way you'll have a huge chunk of damage taken off of pretty much everyone, especially if you have HT because you get less FO boosts with him in the starting lineup. Negotiator is free to put Unending Loyalty back up on Anakin and it starts again.

If your opponent starts with a lineup of Fives, HT, and Anakin, you may not be able to kill any of them in your opening hits, Fives is really tanky at high levels.

Combine all this with the fact that CG essentially refers to the fleet as a "second fleet for GAC or TW" and I'm not sure this one ends up unseating the top two of Malevolence and Negotiator. Maybe it's better than the HMF Rebels fleets, but probably not. It's a cool fleet and I like it certainly more than the Raddus, but I'm not holding my breath that suddenly this turns all the First Order ships (which were not great by any stretch of the imagination) into the top dog
  • Let's look at it from a Negotiator standpoint (which I'm familiar with... don't know about Malevolence). You'll get the opportunity to go first and wreck someone on the opposing team. If you target Anakin, you kill him, cause Unending Loyalty to go off, and put him in stealth. Now you can't hurt him and he's free to put the hurt on anyone in your squad. You're possibly going to get to go again, even with Tie Silencer potentially because of Command Shuttle feeding TM.

The paper strategy against Negotiator seems to be something like put Hunted on Anakin, let him rot until you can catch him without UL (with offence down which can be inflicted with another special and without tons of bonus turns he isn't that dangerous) and kill other ships. Will it work or not we will see soon enough when some whales will buy this ship.
  • Fo ships should be upgraded same as Genosians (they got a stealth buff once Malo came)

Both Kylo ships should be immune to %dmg
    A tankless setup wont work unless you have some form of foresight or daze immunity (same as cls)

I hope there will come a few more updates to make the ship really good on offense at least
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Overall I really like it but I just can't understand why it has such underwhelming specials. Outside the 2 obvious abilities to always use (ultimate + reinforce) it seems to be far more appealing to use it's basic and call Silencer to assist than using one of the two specials. Could've definitely used some mass assist or some team cleanse there (maybe on that AoE special since it has a CD of 4 so it should have way more impact than it actually does).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg