Developer Q&A - 02/27/2020

Replies

• @CG the community is coming hard this time. I've been around long enough to know that people will always rabble rouse when a change occurs in this game.
    Things feel a bit different this time around. It's less angry and more disappointed, mixed with a sense of impending doom.

The impending doom:

It has been said that EA will not retain the rights to the SW games. Is this true? If so, how does this effect swgoh?

The disappointment:

The geo maps fell short of expectations, over to long of a timeframe, and I wont even go into geo LSTB.

The buzz for the final saga film has been over for a long time, and we still dont have the cool new shiny from the movie.

New bugs.. no not geos.

I'm still a fan, please help me understand.
    F for tophat
  • Can you guide our expectations for upcoming Jedi/galactic republic characters? They're is a current expectation of reworks for existing Jedi that many people already have at 7 stars. It seems counter intuitive that you would give these Jedi a large buff rather then release new Jedi (from a business perspective). So the question is reworks, new characters, or neither?
  • For a future idea, do you think it maybe possible to add ground forces? For example: Snowspeeders, At-At, speederbikes, etc. Maybe create a new holotable that could be like fleet battles. This way we could add new characters and vehicles to the game content.

CG said in a previous Q&A that this is something they have planned for the future.
  • Bad Batch please :) ?
  • It's disgraceful how you're adding a CUP portrait but not a Jawa portrait. This is the content we need.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Can we get a full rundown of how ships and reinforcements affect GAC banners?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • @CG_SvenGG @CG_Miller @CG_Cyanides

1) When can we have our “sandbox mode” infinite play mode where we can keep tweaking and learning and theory crafting our squads as so many have said they wanted?

Our first step is to deliver a new PvE mode that can reward play so that it fulfills a sense of meaning. Hopefully the underlying tech that goes into that facilitates a sandbox mode.
  • balance crystal rewards. 500 crystals a day in arena and 400 a day in fleet is too much of an advantage for people who were lucky enough to get into a new shard as opposed to those of us who got into on that was months old. i suggest removing 200 crystals from each reward and giving them back in a different way, such as completing all 5 arena/fleet fights each day. give everyone a chance at least of earning a half decent amount of crystals each day.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    @CG_SvenGG @CG_Miller @CG_Cyanides

1) When can we have our “sandbox mode” infinite play mode where we can keep tweaking and learning and theory crafting our squads as so many have said they wanted?

Our first step is to deliver a new PvE mode that can reward play so that it fulfills a sense of meaning. Hopefully the underlying tech that goes into that facilitates a sandbox mode.

Speaking of, will you guys increase the reward distribution for Sith Raid above top 10 once the new raid launches?

Players in my guild hitting 60 million aren’t even eligible for top 10 rewards where the bulk of g12+ gear is
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited February 2020
    CG_Coffee questions (and any other CG staff who wants to answer I guess):

1. What do you do?
    2. What kind of coffee do you drink?
    3. How often do you drink coffee throughout the day
    4. Have you tested every coffee option in the office?
    5. What’s the worst coffee you’ve had?
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    1. Do you have any plans for the high republic? (New books before the phantom menace)

2. How is the work going to get rid / lower the arena payouts? Currently this is full of shard chats who exploit the system and grief other players to that they can't climb up.

3. Any plans to stay more active with the community?

4. Will there be some contest where we can vote up a character who will be introduced in the game like R2D2?

5. Any plans for ground vehicles?
  • SubbyWan wrote: »
    When will you rework the Jawas?

How about some Jawa zetas? Soo-gah.... OOOOOTINI!!!!

Mando-1.gif
  • Can we get updated challenges to give out stun guns or stun cuffs? Maybe require relic toons. Also can you make lstb actually playable?
  • jawa-hunter comes to swgoh?
  • Ultra wrote: »

1. What do you do?

Ultra! You are distracting them!

Biggest question is what is the next new content ( not toons) that we are gonna get and when is it coming? ( Not GL’s!)
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    1neu4ff1jq00.png
    Some of the CG Team getting started on your questions

What is the translation of that Japanese shirt

And don’t ask the female staff member because that would be racist

I want the one wearing it to translate it
  • Please add an option to disable auto-sort in mods and add an option to reverse-sort.
    In this video, I Ievel approximately 30 "MK V-E" mods to L12 to drop all stats as quickly as I can. It takes over 6 minutes to do this because the mods resort as soon as a mod is levelled.
    I used a clicker to count this:I swipe to re-scroll through the mod list to find my previous place approximately 300+ times while levelling these ~30 mods to get all stats to drop. This is roughly 10 swipes PER MOD! My hand literally hurt after all these swipes to scroll back to where I was.
    Please fix this in the next QoL update. This current system with the auto-sort is painful... Literally.

https://youtu.be/onEHXc7esdo

We're actively gathering and organizing all mod feedback and suggestions, so my QOL list has a bunch of items tagged as a part of a Mod QOL initiative - I'll make sure this is on the list!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

1. What do you do?

Biggest question is what is the next new content ( not toons) that we are gonna get and when is it coming? ( Not GL’s!)
    These questions are more important to me than anything else in the game
  • How are the new offices? Anything interesting to share about them?
  • Is it true you are dealing with a main-frame issue?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

1. What do you do?

These questions are more important to me than anything else in the game

Stop thinking of yourself, be more like Holdo. We are starved for content and any info we can get is well past due.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    1neu4ff1jq00.png
    Which one is scrumb? The random white dude?
  • CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    SubbyWan wrote: »
    When will you rework the Jawas?

How about some Jawa zetas? Soo-gah.... OOOOOTINI!!!!

Mando-1.gif

Din Djarin confirmed by CG
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    1neu4ff1jq00.png

Crumb isn’t in the picture. He’s posted his photo a couple of times. My favorite is the one with Slave 2 😂
  • @CG_SBCrumb do you think “The Mandalorian” characters will be added or not until after the second season?
  • TuncBlack wrote: »
    1neu4ff1jq00.png

He's the one taking the picture. I'm the RWD.
    TOPIC: QoL

Q: Will you add a confirmation button for the gac registration or the chance to cancel and register again like it is with the TW registration?
    • A: CG_Miller - We've looked into this in the past, and the task is bigger than most players realize. Once you register for the GAC we start the process of building the matchups immediately, and you can imagine the havoc one would wreck if players could drop in and out and in and out of the GAC while the game is trying to do some matchup heavy lifting. That said, it's oft-requested, so we'd like to find time to give the players some agency over this.

Does this mean that joining early matches you with others that join early, and joining last minute does the same? Could players use this to try to match together if their matchmaking stats are similar?
  • what are you doing about the double KAM shards?
    why do the fleet challenges only have 2 pulls while the other challenges are 3 and 6?
    when are you going to fix the non random tw cycles for matchups at the top?
    when are you changing the maps for TW?
  • B_Bosswalker
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    See below
    TOPIC: Economy

Q: Are you able to share any details regarding what CG is doing next in order to relieve the tight gear crunch? The new assault tiers are much appreciated.
    • A: CG_Cyanides - We are planning more challenge tiers for Assault Battles. Outside of the new challenge tiers, we don't have any additional plans to alter the gear economy in the immediate future.

Ouch. With the steep requirements for the GL’s and having to waste gear on lower grade toons, this hurts. Assault battles are fun and all, but having to use gear on the toons needed for those, just to get gear for GL’s seems counterintuitive. We need a pressure reliever.
This discussion has been closed.