Developer Q&A - 02/27/2020

Replies

• Can you please confirm which (if any) Platoons impact / affect Kam Special Mission in Geo LSTB?

For example: It appears that Fleet Day 2 and Ground Middle Day 3 Platoons DO NOT provide any benefit for the Day 3 Special Mission (KAM) even though the Day 3 South Territory is highlighted on the platoon maps.
  • Typherrion
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    @CG_SvenGG as a senior game designer, I’d like your opinion on this kit I made a while back for praetorian guard and was wondering how balanced it would be or if you think there would be some changes? Again in your opinion.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/177871/praetorian-guard-kit-idea#latest
  • Catch-up Mechanics:

Many games i've played, for example, Clash of Clans and World of Warcraft, etc, have reduced the time/resources required to get to higher, more competitive levels. The hyperdrive bundle was a good start, even though we had to pay for it, but i'm wondering if there are any other plans to give the people who just started playing an opportunity to catch up in a reasonable amount of time?
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Finalizer:

1. The Finalizer kit looks fun and I am looking forward to it. Can you confirm if it will be released before the Finalizer events listed in March?
  • Can you answer some questions that you haven’t already answered somewhere else. We need new info, not redirect of already existing into! Get us excited about this game again!!
  • GAC currency is one of, if not the most useful currency in the game and yet we are stuck hoarding it fearing falling behind if a new Epic Confrontation is released. Are there plans to release a new epic confrontation character soon or can we feel safe using GAC?
  • CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    1neu4ff1jq00.png
    Some of the CG Team getting started on your questions
    Which one is scrumb? The random white dude?

He's the one taking the picture. I'm the RWD.

Cool, and the rest team members?
    Also will we available to include the rancor raid into journey guide section? (With no reward) so we will be able to practice.

Thanks
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Can you answer some questions that you haven’t already answered somewhere else. We need new info, not redirect of already existing into! Get us excited about this game again!!
    Sounds like someone drank bad coffee today
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Can you answer some questions that you haven’t already answered somewhere else. We need new info, not redirect of already existing into! Get us excited about this game again!!

Perhaps, just tired of the current state of the game and complete lack of anything new or any info to get us excited. Just look at the very first question asked in this thread. That question should never come up. We cant get excited about the GL's because they are SOOOOO far away. I want to get excited again, I want to spend money again, but I cant in the games current state.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Perhaps, just tired of the current state of the game and complete lack of anything new or any info to get us excited. Just look at the very first question asked in this thread. That question should never come up. We cant get excited about the GL's because they are SOOOOO far away. I want to get excited again, I want to spend money again, but I cant in the games current state.
    Try half and half next time
  • Plz just tell us the final requirements for the gl toons ffs
  • I see the guy who posts 5 pages of questions per Q and A is back and clogging up the comments section
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    When will we get a Princess Leia portrait?
    I know this has come up a ton of times and I would love to share more details but there are some roadblocks for us to do this. It's not possible at the moment but I will keep remind folks it's something the people want!

bHxqH32.gif?noredirect
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Do you have any plans to relieve the stun gun crunch?

The challenege tiers are great to boost the G12 crunch and the zeta crunch, much appreciated. However, you havent done anything to ease the road to G12, such as stun guns. What are your plans regarding this?
  • How long did it take to glue the end of your fork to your mouse so you can eat whilst pretending to work ?
  • please display our energy levels in the 'Characters' page. most people, i think, do their farming from this page by way of having our favorites marked. it would be handy to have our energy displayed at the top of this page so we know what we can afford to farm without having to exit that page.

thx
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Try half and half next time

Dang, I knew I forgot something!

But seriously. Just look at MSF, granted it has its problems as well, but they are introducing live PVP, have plenty of toon releases, and you can play or test until you get your fill. You cant do that here. Its log in, dailies, arena battles, sim, log out basically. Players have been screaming for sandbox for YEARS and we always get some non-answer answer. Just like most of all the question already answered in this Q&A post, just redirects of info already known.
  • I had submitted a question ahead of time asking about possibly reworking GP or at least refine the match making to take more things into account (possibly a standard deviation from a rosters avg GP)?

Specifically there is a rough doubling of character GP from g6 7 stars to g11 7 stars to relic 5 two zetas when a full team of one of these can normally be solo’d by the next level a character with double GP.

I know this can be hard to answer which is why I wanted to give ample time to address this question. Is there a reason no answer was provided?
  • Are there any reworks planned for the first half of 2020?
  • (S H I P) R A I D ??
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Crumb, We need a new section of the Q and A called "Bugs" were you can post the status of the current bugs in the game. Like, whats the status on the Undying Loyalty bug? That bug has persisted WAY to long....among others.
  • Quantum920 wrote: »
    FANTASTIC JOB CAPITAL GAMES!!!! I've been playing this game since 2017, 5M GP and loving the game everyday. I spend some money to support the game, but mostly try to earn my way by playing on a daily basis and haven't missed one day. The work you guys do is incredible and there is no need to respond to this as I am just letting you know what a fantastic job you guys are doing. Kudos!!

Thanks Quantum, much appreciated!
  • **EVENTS**

5) Can any or all of the raids be added to the journey guide for fun and/or practice? No rewards of course, apart from allowing people to progress in any of the quests that they may be doing.
    The Journey Guide presents the raid characters: Han Solo, General Kenobi, and Darth Traya. The goal of the feature is to surface the actual actions players need to do and point them to those actions. Because the raids are designed to be collaborative game modes, creating an isolated practice mode wouldn't fit the goal of the Journey Guide. That said, I can see the value in the suggestion, and it's probably something that could fall under the initiative of the sandbox mode.
    **EVENTS**
    6) Can the past Marquees events be added to the Journey Guide? This would help new-ish players catch up to veteran players by potential giving them access to these characters earlier. Also if a player missed the event the first time, they can collect the shards that most other players had collected.
    The Journey Guide is meant to capture pinnacle units that players can form goals around. Exploring catch-up mechanics is complex because we need to respect the time of existing players, but we want to create respected catch-up mechanics. Superficially, if we introduce marquees into the Journey Guide, the current presentation would be almost unusable due to the volume of content. All of that to say that catch-up mechanics are a complex initiative that we're thinking about but that we can't commit to any solutions at this time.
  • CG, Tell us something to get us EXCITED again....and GO!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TOPIC: Art
    Q: A lot of Star Wars game add to the canon by introducing original characters (Force Unleashed, Fallen Order etc). The game does too but in the form of nameless grunts such as Brood Alpha, CUP, Mob Enforcer etc.
    Did you guys ever submit a named Jedi Knight or a character with an actual backstory to LucasArts? Do you have an artwork? Ever considered an original character for a raid boss?
    I actually like the lack of OC but do you have any artwork of any such cases where you proposed a character that was rejected?
    • A: CG_RagingSpaniard - I designed the Brood Alpha so this speaks to my interests! When I was asked if I wanted to tackle that character I jumped on the chance because being able to add something new to the universe was too tempting to pass up. When it comes to something completely original (like the cast of Fallen Order, for instance) it's something we would obviously love to do at some point but it's very hard to fit in or justify, because that would be taking resources away from adding a character that fans are expecting to see. When we add characters to the cantina we try and make them as unique as possible, so we have contributed some in that area, the Scavenger being a pretty good recent example.

All that being said, adding a brand new named character would be awesome and I think we could do something very cool if given the chance, we just have to find the right timing for it.

Sweet. I hope y’all make a contribution someday.
  • Art team!!!!! How dare you?!?!

You need to fix the load screen for Chewbacca. His bandolier is on the wrong shoulder.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    At what point, exactly, did you stop caring if we had fun? I imagine it was around November 2019, and you got tired of us hounding you about LSTB, so you made it as un-fun as possible just to spite us.

This might be the single best thing posted on this message board in months! Bravo sir!!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    botabu wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    At what point, exactly, did you stop caring if we had fun? I imagine it was around November 2019, and you got tired of us hounding you about LSTB, so you made it as un-fun as possible just to spite us.

This might be the single best thing posted on this message board in months! Bravo sir!!

or is it
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lego_Enry
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Is there a chance of a Sith Capital Ship ever being introduced to the game? (for ex. Malak's Leviathan or Nhihlus's Ravager)
This discussion has been closed.