Developer Q&A - 02/27/2020

Replies

• Tiku
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Will Visas Marr get any new tags? She is a cool character but kind of lacking in the tag department.
    For example an old republic tag.
  • in regards to Echos number. i think CT-21-0408 was his number before he was made an ARC Trooper and after he was made an ARC Trooper he was given CT-1409

• Q: Awhile back, you said that content creation was slowed due to having different code sets in the game. And recently you promised more new content was coming. The new challenge tiers are a steel in the right direction, but it's left some players feeling like you aren't keeping that word. Is the reason for the "lack of comment" as some players feel because you are working to setup a better framework to introduce the content that you promised?
    • A: CG_Vyeking - "I answered this question previously, but I want to repeat that answer, because it is important -

As we move through 2020, we are actively working on systems to aid in the authoring of interesting and new content. These systems take time to build, but are expected to yield a fresh, new content landscape. I know, "hold on, it's coming" can be cold comfort so I won't repeat that verbatim, but I will say, "we've heard you, we're working on it, and we think you'll like the results."

The time frame for this delivery is not something I want to promise, however, as there are many factors that go into planning and executing a client update. What I can tell you, however, is that we are in pre-production for this feature."

[
      Q: Could you please define what you consider “new content?” I believe that there is a significant disconnect between what CG thinks of as “new content,” and what a large part of the playerbase does.
      • A: CG_Vyeking - While we broadly term characters, ships, and their corresponding events as content, though this is not the 'new' content that I referred to in previous Q&A's. Nor would I consider the addition of the Challenge Tiers in Assault Battles the form of 'new' content I think meets the needs of our players. When I say 'new' content I mean wholly-new and fresh experiences served up to our players at regular intervals.

As we move through 2020, we are actively working on systems to aid in the authoring of interesting and 'new' content. These systems take time to build, but are expected to yield a fresh, new content landscape. I know, "hold on, it's coming"" can be cold comfort so I won't repeat that verbatim, but I will say, "we've heard you, we're working on it, and we think you'll like the results."
      [/quote]

Copy and paste answers
  • Is there any plans to improve relationships with content creators, specifically those you have not collaborated with previously?
    There are a lot of passionate SWGoH fans who want this game to grow and I know most creators feel that there is absolutely zero comms from CG developers for additional game PR and interviews which is a disappointing situation imo (especially now the game changer program is disbanded)
  • Anyone believe @CG_TopHat is actually sick???

It’s not a question but I’m very upset you make me miss @CG_Carrie didn’t think is was possible but you found a way to make it happen!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    CG_Coffee questions (and any other CG staff who wants to answer I guess):

1. What do you do?
    2. What kind of coffee do you drink?
    3. How often do you drink coffee throughout the day
    4. Have you tested every coffee option in the office?
    5. What’s the worst coffee you’ve had?

Ah, the important questions.

1. Assistant Producer
    2. The caffeinated kind
    3. One per meeting (JK. Kind of.)
    4. Recently discovered the best option is next to the Art team
    5. Probably the machine from the old office ha!
  • Any updates on the raid? Would love to see what you're working on, but any little bite of info is great.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Turasleon wrote: »
    Any updates on the raid? Would love to see what you're working on, but any little bite of info is great.

They are "working on it". Just copy and paste that answer for pretty much all the questions. With the death of the GC program, the lack of content and the non-answer Q and A, this game has zero buzz.
    So, CG....heres your shot to generate some buzz...tell us something that will knock our socks off!!
  • Hey y'all
    Are you planning to add NS Merrin from Fallen Order , not now but in the future?
    And the login rewards make me think there'll be some love for GR Jedi, maybe some reworks and/or new characters, like Pong Krell , he could work as some sort of GG, sacrificing his team in order to obtain victory :b

• Si0n
    117 posts Member
    Are you planning on releasing a Sith Capital Ship in 2020?
  • I would LOVE to make a snapshot of mods that last for (idk) around 24hs, and you could return to it easily? It's boring to put best mods from up to 6 toons in one toon for an event , and later have to return every single one to the original toons. Snapshot, move mods, back to snapshot. Easier.
  • I would LOVE to make a snapshot of mods that last for (idk) around 24hs, and you could return to it easily? It's boring to put best mods from up to 6 toons in one toon for an event , and later have to return every single one to the original toons. Snapshot, move mods, back to snapshot. Easier.

You mean like mod loadouts?
  • Younger players are at a very strategic disadvantage with hard node farming... a higher drop rate, 1:1 for example, would be a tremendous help.... otherwise newer players are stuck with a years long backlog, any thoughts or plans for help on these tremendously long farms?!!! Please !!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    TOPIC: Tech/Game Mechanics

Q: I would like to know what defines “mass assists” attack order such as General Kenobi “Lead The Charge” or C-3PO “Oh My Godness” abilities for instance. Is it the animation delay, the order of the characters on the lineup or something else? I ask it because last week I was told that you could optimize a Geonosian team choosing Alpha to position 1, Sun Fac To position 2, Geonosian Soldier on 3 and so on... According to this guy, this would make Sunc Fac attack first and remove buffs, then geonosian soldier attacks and applies tenacity down and finally Poggle would attack applying ability block. Is that true or the order on the lineup has nothing to do with attacks order on mass assists?
    • A: CG_Miller - This is a tricky one. While squad order placement plays a large role in assist order, there are other factors at work here beyond that. If I were determined enough, I would experiment with squad order placement until you find a result you're satified with, and note that changes to the units (from mods to bug fixes) may impact the order.

And where do you suggest we experiment these matches? GW is too weak to get any good results, GAC and TW are not a good places to test as you risk banners. LS/DS require the use of an ally. This is why we have needed a sandbox for the longest time. Give us what we want!
  • Are there any plans to improve the communication from CG side to the community(by interacting more with the forums and answering some questions before it becomes a thred with 20 pages ;) ,in-game messages)like it was promised long time ago,or this is not a priority.
  • I'm loving the very subtle differences between this answer:

A: CG_Cyanides - We are planning more challenge tiers for Assault Battles. Outside of the new challenge tiers, we don't have any additional plans to alter the gear economy in the immediate future.

And this answer from last time.

an2qpltgitu0.jpg
  • Are there any plans to answer good questions?
  • ctrl+f "gooder" - nada.

Hope you guys are still answering questions and just haven't gotten to mine yet...
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    LS/DS require the use of an ally.

if you click on the ally while you are choosing your squad, you can remove them.
  • You mentioned that Ground Vehicles may be coming. Any more hints there?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    osbourne wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    LS/DS require the use of an ally.

if you click on the ally while you are choosing your squad, you can remove them.

Nice. I didn't know or remember that. Thanks!

I'm super salty today, sorry.
  • @CG_SBCrumb

Can you please answer the question regarding TB rotations that you said you would over 2 months ago?
  • don‘t you answer my question, because i was warned two times by a moderator in the past?
  • Is the ‘damage’ from Mastery intended to be physical damage only??... for example, my favorite character GMY has damage as a relic stat, but it only applies to physical damage, and he has only special damage in his kit... until now I’ve felt like oh well, it’s just the way it is (as per previous questions regarding mastery have been answered by the dev team).... BUT with the focus Galactic Legends are going to place on the Mastery stat, I fear... Left behind, Yoda may become !!

• 1. Will we be able to see all the teams used by our opponents in TW and in GA (and even by our mates in TW) ?
    2. All the Heroes have a ship except Luke. Are you planning to release a ship for him ?
  • osbourne
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I'm super salty today, sorry.

no worries. this is my first Q&A and to be honest, it's a bit of a letdown so far. nothing is really being answered. seems to me that they just don't have the authority to answer most of these questions. they seem like a good bunch of people and i bet they are wondering about a lot of the same things we are, but the sad fact is that they are just employees of Super Ultra Mega Corp, or whatever, and aren't actually in charge of deciding much of anything.
  • Why hasn't the official EA site for this game been updated since Jedi Revan (October 2018)?
    Despite the recent lack of content, we've had more characters that are just as important as Jedi Revan (Darth Revan, Malak, Padme, General Skywalker etc.) since back then. Even worse, when you click the community tab, the most recent video you see is the kit reveal of Young Han and Vandor Chewbacca. That's almost two years ago.

The official site isn't all that too important to SWGoH players, but it is what people outside the game (potential players, the press etc.) see to know what's going on in this game. Having nothing updated for this long is pretty much telling that the game does not need new players anymore.

Is this how you want this game to be perceived from the outside world? Or have you decided to put this game in hibernation mode since its potential has peaked and you need to allocate more resources into other projects?
  • With the recent release of Malak and GAS and now Galactic Legends, Are any plans or ideas for relieving the power creep.
  • Do I need to complete all 4 tiers of the requirements to be eligible to earn the tickets for the GL event?

Is it the same type of ticket for both or is there a light side ticket and a dark side ticket? Meaning once I unlock Rey do I still earn tickets while I continue to meet requirements for kylo?
  • @CG_RagingSpaniard

Why is the Raddus event art showing imperial-class star destroyers instead of resurgent-class star destroyers?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
This discussion has been closed.