• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG_coffee wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG_Coffee questions (and any other CG staff who wants to answer I guess):

1. What do you do?
    2. What kind of coffee do you drink?
    3. How often do you drink coffee throughout the day
    4. Have you tested every coffee option in the office?
    5. What’s the worst coffee you’ve had?

Ah, the important questions.

1. Assistant Producer
    2. The caffeinated kind
    3. One per meeting (JK. Kind of.)
    4. Recently discovered the best option is next to the Art team
    5. Probably the machine from the old office ha!
    Spoken like a true coffee connoisseur lol

Thanks for answering!
  • I think most people would agree that GAC is one of (and many would say "one of the few") most popular game modes. But for a game mode that is supposed to highlight the competitiveness of individual rosters, I think it lacks so very simple pieces of information as well as cohesiveness.
    - Why not include an overall rank alongside the rank within a particular league? Someone who's 1,000th in aurodium, for example, doesn't really know where they stack up amonst all players.
    - The requirements to make kyber vary wildly from season to season. In some of them, 7-5 is good enough to make Kyber. In others, 10-2 might not get you there. Have you thought about normalizing this so that "Kyber" has some sort of defined meaning?
    - Can you please give us a lifetime win-loss record that we can see? Banners are all well and good, but they don't do a good job of showing how good a player is, since they don't really distinguish between offense-heavy and defense-heavy matchups.
    - Along those lines, I'd love a repository that shows a player's final placement in every Season of GA. This mode is meant to celebrate competitiveness and accomplishment. The stats should be available to show that.
  • Thanks for the work you have put into this game. It has been an item of much interest for me over the years.
  • TW sandbagging....tons of us put it in the survey but no response
  • Thanks for coming everyone! I'm going to let these folks get back to work making the game. I'm sorry if we didn't get to your question. I'd love to hear your feedback on how we can improve these Q&A for next time.
  • Any plans in the future to change this game from Star Wars galaxy of hoarding back to Star Wars galaxy of heroes?
  • TVF wrote: »
    botabu wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    At what point, exactly, did you stop caring if we had fun? I imagine it was around November 2019, and you got tired of us hounding you about LSTB, so you made it as un-fun as possible just to spite us.

This might be the single best thing posted on this message board in months! Bravo sir!!

or is it

It 100% is. But we should care more about “art” instead of a game that is actually playable and ANY form of new playable content that is not reskinned boringness or new tiers where all they did is up the sliders to increase difficulty.
  • I think most people would agree that GAC is one of (and many would say "one of the few") most popular game modes. But for a game mode that is supposed to highlight the competitiveness of individual rosters, I think it lacks so very simple pieces of information as well as cohesiveness.
    - Why not include an overall rank alongside the rank within a particular league? Someone who's 1,000th in aurodium, for example, doesn't really know where they stack up amonst all players.
    - The requirements to make kyber vary wildly from season to season. In some of them, 7-5 is good enough to make Kyber. In others, 10-2 might not get you there. Have you thought about normalizing this so that "Kyber" has some sort of defined meaning?
    - Can you please give us a lifetime win-loss record that we can see? Banners are all well and good, but they don't do a good job of showing how good a player is, since they don't really distinguish between offense-heavy and defense-heavy matchups.
    - Along those lines, I'd love a repository that shows a player's final placement in every Season of GA. This mode is meant to celebrate competitiveness and accomplishment. The stats should be available to show that.

The info for rounds won/lost is already there via DSR bot... not saying this is an answer to your question, just saying the info is available via the API already, so maybe that's just something they can add to player stats.

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Thanks for coming everyone! I'm going to let these folks get back to work making the game. I'm sorry if we didn't get to your question. I'd love to hear your feedback on how we can improve these Q&A for next time.

You collect questions a week in advance. Why not just collect the lot of questions you're willing to answer and post them instead of trying to use the forum, which isn't suited to a live q&a...
    [*] A: CG_SBCrumb - I try to surface the hottest community topics to the team, but sometimes we can't answer them all as Vyeking elaborated on above. That said, I don't think the current format is the best way to do these Q&A. The live Q&A can be hard to follow and there's no way to find new responses other than scrolling through the categories so very I'm open to feedback on how we do these in the future. I grab a bunch of Qs in advance for the team from the survey that I think are the hot topics based on my reads of the forums/reddit/discord/youtube/etc but how do we create a solid list of questions that satisfies the majority of players? Maybe we show the list of Qs we are working on in advance for feedback but that doesn't solve the problem when we are live and answering in the moment. I'm open to your thoughts on this

My opinion on this, for @CG_SBCrumb :

Your problem with the Q&A is how you're doing the whole format. You're treating it like a live AMA instead of a Q&A where the questions are pre-submitted. This live format is getting you the worse of both worlds, and is ill-suited to a BB-style forum. Either move this to Reddit and do a true AMA, or do it as a proper prepared Q&A.

If you're going to have the questions before-hand, then you should also have the answers before-hand. Decide in advance what questions you're going to answer, gather those answers, get answers from the relevant people, and post them all in a copy-paste lump (possibly in different posts for each category, to help with the next step below).

Then, let the community bat those answers back and forth for a couple days, to point out holes or vagueness in what was said, mis-understandings of the original question, etc. Gather that feedback, and post a "supplemental" to answer the additional issues the community has brought up. Again, do this in a single copy-paste post, and close the thread(s).
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Thanks for coming everyone! I'm going to let these folks get back to work making the game. I'm sorry if we didn't get to your question. I'd love to hear your feedback on how we can improve these Q&A for next time.

You collect questions a week in advance. Why not just collect the lot of questions you're willing to answer and post them instead of trying to use the forum, which isn't suited to a live q&a...

Better yet, rather then do a live Q&A every month, keep the question site open and answer 1-3 questions everyday. This way, we get questions answered, and they get time to answer them their way. This will be hard for them since they are allergic to the forums and can only handle it in small doses. The games experience can be SO much better then it is now, so much better.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I like the current format and I prefer if we don’t go to unofficial places like reddit

Also the downvoting system can hide developer comments or answers

Reddit also has mob downvoting at anything by CG which is very toxic
  • @CG_SBCrumb : any plans to require GET 2 for character shards in the future in the same way as GET 1 for characters in a similar vein to GAS or Malak?
  • You guys are in bay area right?

Does CG top hat have the coronavirus?
  • You guys are in bay area right?

Does CG top hat have the coronavirus?

No, they are North East from the bay area in Sacramento.

Oof that's worse.... that's where the case is... in Sacramento.

I wont post a link but u can google it...

Updates: What to know about coronavirus in California as patient is treated in Sacramento
    BY MICHAEL MCGOUGH FEBRUARY 27, 2020 09:36 AM
  • Constructive Criticism: Slightly disappointed with the quantity/quality of the questions and answers this Q&A (and all Q&A's). Looks like it took 7 people roughly 120 minutes (7*120=840 total man hour (technically minutes) to get through 41 questions. That's roughly 20.5 minutes of "man hours" per question answered. And some of the questions were really soft ball ones "How do you like your new offices?".

Recommendation: If you take questions in advance, prep the answers in advance. Your current format seems to waste a lot of resources per question.

It is understood that some things may change and you don't want to be nailed down on specific questions which is why some of the "harder" questions are dodged. However, frequent communication about those items with "Hey, we are working on the new raid. Currently hitting a snag because of loops in P3, but we are working on it and moving forward!" or "We have been looking at when to introduce Relic Abilities, and we are thinking about waiting until after the player base has had more time with just Relics before adding more to it. But as a hint we recommend getting characters to R7 because that's when the ability unlocks." Those little nuggets would be welcomed and appreciated. In addition if the comments were in the negative regarding pulling plans for certain reasons it would assist the player base the chance to see some transparency.

THANK YOU: For attempting to communicate better. Your attempt is appreciated, and your continual progress is eagerly anticipated from your player base.
  • So does this mean that we got lied to about the daily challenge tiers?
  • TheLegendOfKimy
    108 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Have you’s ever considered selling things at a affordable/reasonable price, to a lot more people... as opposed to selling things at an OUTRAGEOUS price.. For a few people ?

Like if you sold a new 7* character for 50-100, instead of 300, surely A LOT more people would buy.. ?

Why not at least test it, and do a one off cheaper character, to see how it compares. Y’all could probably make just as much (if not more) money, while making the game more affordable for your playerbase.
  • CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    Please add an option to disable auto-sort in mods and add an option to reverse-sort.
    In this video, I Ievel approximately 30 "MK V-E" mods to L12 to drop all stats as quickly as I can. It takes over 6 minutes to do this because the mods resort as soon as a mod is levelled.
    I used a clicker to count this:I swipe to re-scroll through the mod list to find my previous place approximately 300+ times while levelling these ~30 mods to get all stats to drop. This is roughly 10 swipes PER MOD! My hand literally hurt after all these swipes to scroll back to where I was.
    Please fix this in the next QoL update. This current system with the auto-sort is painful... Literally.

https://youtu.be/onEHXc7esdo

We're actively gathering and organizing all mod feedback and suggestions, so my QOL list has a bunch of items tagged as a part of a Mod QOL initiative - I'll make sure this is on the list!

THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!
  • A: CG_SBCrumb - I try to surface the hottest community topics to the team, but sometimes we can't answer them all as Vyeking elaborated on above. That said, I don't think the current format is the best way to do these Q&A. The live Q&A can be hard to follow and there's no way to find new responses other than scrolling through the categories so very I'm open to feedback on how we do these in the future. I grab a bunch of Qs in advance for the team from the survey that I think are the hot topics based on my reads of the forums/reddit/discord/youtube/etc but how do we create a solid list of questions that satisfies the majority of players? Maybe we show the list of Qs we are working on in advance for feedback but that doesn't solve the problem when we are live and answering in the moment. I'm open to your thoughts on this
    [/list]

You guys should really try and do these QAs on a live platform like Twitch. Your ability to respond will ought to be faster that way since you won't have to type the stuff down for example. That, and you'll get a live pulse from the community at that instant and vice-versa.

Also, if you moved into that format, you could do QAs more often, such as twice a month, and get more questions answered that way.

• Am i the only one that think this was the shortest q&a ever?not time wise but as question answered
  • Olderaan
    179 posts Member
    edited February 2020

These "live" Q&A are pointless imo. As it was said above why don't you prepare in advance for the survey's questions and answer them during the available days? Then you would have got time to answer the live Qs. I don't understand why is this so difficult?
    Post edited by Olderaan on
    When will we get a Princess Leia portrait?
    I know this has come up a ton of times and I would love to share more details but there are some roadblocks for us to do this. It's not possible at the moment but I will keep remind folks it's something the people want!

Thank you for your effort, and I get it that you can't give any more details... but I'm far from understanding it. Carrie Fisher was the Princess of the Hearts for many, many fans. She deserves a tribute portrait as much as Peter Mayhew did. It just feels disrespectful that there is an issue at all to not do it, you know. :(
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    When will we get a Princess Leia portrait?
    I know this has come up a ton of times and I would love to share more details but there are some roadblocks for us to do this. It's not possible at the moment but I will keep remind folks it's something the people want!

Thank you for your effort, and I get it that you can't give any more details... but I'm far from understanding it. Carrie Fisher was the Princess of the Hearts for many, many fans. She deserves a tribute portrait as much as Peter Mayhew did. It just feels disrespectful that there is an issue at all to not do it, you know. :(

From the phrasing, probably a legal issue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hey @CG_SBCrumb A while ago you said you were going to do some "research" on my inferno squad character designes. What happened? They would make Great additions to the empire faction, and would give them some fresh new characters. You can still make money off them, and doing some "research" wouldn't take long for some members of your team. Would be a great move for the gaming community, so please add them after you return to the clone wars CONTENT.
  • Why does it feel like they are caught off guard by questions submitted weeks in advance...
This discussion has been closed.