What are Galactic Legends? [MEGA]

Replies

• Let's say that the ships wouldn't be in the prequirements apart from the two capital ships... Who would take over the four remaining slots for FO?

Finalizer, Hux, TIE Fighter Pilot and... who?
  • I guess GLK(Galactic Legends Kylo) has abilities that directly target all Dark Side characters?
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Let's say that the ships wouldn't be in the prequirements apart from the two capital ships... Who would take over the four remaining slots for FO?

Finalizer, Hux, TIE Fighter Pilot and... who?

Special force FOTF
  • I kept forget about that character ha ha.
  • The requirements are getting ridiculous.
    I’ve been playing for a few years, and had consistently been on top of the meta lately, unlocking the Revan’s and Malak on the first event. I’m losing interest, though. If we have to gear a dozen characters -many of them useless- to arena levels to unlock a character, or quickly fall behind... it’s just not worth it. I think this game is dying. We need to have easily accessible competitive characters for people to maintain interest. Especially the newer people. Those of us who’ve been playing for years are used to the abuse, but how much can we take? All I can say is that after using SO much gear to meet the reqs for galactic legends, we better not have to spend hours moving mods and praying to RNGsus go unlock them. And using them better be orgasmic.
  • The requirements are getting ridiculous.
    I’ve been playing for a few years, and had consistently been on top of the meta lately, unlocking the Revan’s and Malak on the first event. I’m losing interest, though. If we have to gear a dozen characters -many of them useless- to arena levels to unlock a character, or quickly fall behind... it’s just not worth it. I think this game is dying. We need to have easily accessible competitive characters for people to maintain interest. Especially the newer people. Those of us who’ve been playing for years are used to the abuse, but how much can we take? All I can say is that after using SO much gear to meet the reqs for galactic legends, we better not have to spend hours moving mods and praying to RNGsus go unlock them. And using them better be orgasmic.

I mean batch 4 of the reqs is really not that bad. Palp and bb8 are very good toons, and the capital ships were a foregone conclusion....
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    The requirements are getting ridiculous.

I mean batch 4 of the reqs is really not that bad. Palp and bb8 are very good toons, and the capital ships were a foregone conclusion....

Some of the characters are definitely good ones. Many of them are characters that I doubt will be used outside of the event. I remember people complaining about needing to take the vets to g8-9 to unlock Rey (jedi training). The amount of gear needed to get all of those characters to their required relic levels is a severe drain, too. Within my guild, it seems like every player who has taken a character to g13 recently (outside of their arena team) is regretting it because of this. Some of these characters won’t even be useful in TW at g13. I encountered an all R7 rogue one team in TW awhile ago. You know what can beat an R7 rogue one team? Just about anything. Lol. I can’t imagine Rose tico and the vets will be any better. It’s just frustrating to see that gear dumped into characters like those.
  • Still waiting to see those much talked about relic skills... Is that ever gonna happen... Or are we still trying to figure how to place a pay wall in front of it.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Stefkai1 wrote: »
    Jouh wrote: »
    Galactic Legends is a scheme to earn money creating little content.

swgoh was a great and interesting free to play game. but now it's getting more and more paying or you're losing game. every event includes bundles of shards to buy without which you are less and less successful. The distance between the pay to win players and the broad, actual, base is getting bigger and bigger and more and more will stop. the game will go the same way as everyone else who has not got their throat full. disappear in the sink. by the way, they never wanted to listen to the grass roots. good job Capital Games.

it's so ridiculous. there are already the first 7 * raddus in the game. pay to win. the event has only been online for 2 hours. it is so .... I have no words.

That's a lot of words for someone with no words.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    REALLY?! Veteran Smuggler Han Solo Relic 3?!? I suppose it's the "calm down son" scene from Rise of the Skywalker but come on...

The only thing hard about relic 3 is getting to gear 13. After that getting to relic requires mostly junk gear.
  • Stefkai1 wrote: »
    hello CG
    what do you actually do all day in your "company"?
    do you actually try your work, or have you been on drugs and have the $ sign in your eyes that you don't notice that you are breaking the game?
    what is wrong with you, that you only get to know after an update, oh something is broken.
    and then you feed the community with a few crystals?
    and stat of the galaxy? what a ****. you can give yourself. and last but not least, do you dare to throw these packs on the market? I spit on you.

Wait till u get corona then repost

To late. 🤮🤮
  • Monel wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    REALLY?! Veteran Smuggler Han Solo Relic 3?!? I suppose it's the "calm down son" scene from Rise of the Skywalker but come on...

The only thing hard about relic 3 is getting to gear 13. After that getting to relic requires mostly junk gear.

Yeah. I doubt we'll ever use him in battle in the GL event. The problem is that VS Han requires a lot of XII gears I would rather to be used on someone better. But let's see how good he (and VS Chewie) is when the resistance tag get finally added.

• I agreed A_Fatal_Spanking.

Palpatine and BB-8 are good toons but what about Rose Tico or Amilyn Holdo or Resistance Hero Finn/Poe, whatever? They should be relic amplified to level 5 and that isn't good for many people because they are not the best characters.

I'm and many ppl are loosing interests into relic amplifiers for some characters (except Palps or BB-8) because we first have to spend many crystal for fast gearing to level 13 and so on. Purchases are faster but not so fast so that you'll climbed from gear level 8 to 13 and from relic amplifiers level 1 to 7.
    Another thing we have to care is that Omega are less than the proportion of Zeta. Just focus on Omega and Zeta and gear level 13 are the best ways. GL is not F2P above relic amplifiers level 4.
  • It is possible to reach Relic 7 by F2P. I just got Kylo Ren to 7 relic this morning, after two and half months of farming relic materials, XII gears. Now I have to do the whole process again for the remaining GL requirements for KR (4/13 done.)

The big problem is boredom as I'm basically doing the same stuff every day.
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve announced that the first two Galactic Legends will be Kylo and Rey, but what exactly are Galactic Legends and how do they differ from Legendary, Hero’s Journey, or Epic Confrontation units?

Galactic Legends will be some of the most powerful characters in Galaxy of Heroes and will have several unique mechanics. We want these characters to plug and play into many different teams but also have a specific squad that they are particularly well suited for. For example, Galactic Legend Rey could lead a great Resistance squad due to several abilities that affect Resistance units but could also work well with just about any light side squad as she has abilities that also directly target all Light Side characters.

Part of this relates to how Galactic Legends manipulate the Mastery stat. Introduced with Relics last year, the Mastery stat provides different stat bonuses based on the character’s role and is a core part of how Galactic Legends will be interacting with their squad or their opponent’s. All characters with Relics have Mastery so no matter who you pair up with a Galactic Legend, they will get a boost to their stats. The ability to manipulate Mastery means Galactic Legends will be useful for a variety of teams but you can only have one Galactic Legend per team.

Another unique aspect of Galactic Legends is their Ultimate ability. Similar to a Capital ship, these abilities charge up over the course of battle and allow Galactic Legends to unleash their full power. Each Galactic Legend will have an Ultimate ability that’s visually striking and often strong enough to turn the tide of battle.

That’s the basics for Galactic Legends and we’ll have more to share this week. Thanks for reading and please keep in mind that these details are subject to change as these characters are still in development. See you on the Holotables!

DEV POST

Will the Ultimate abilities have a large cooldown to make up for how powerful they are, similar to how Darth Nihilus's Annihilate ability has a large cooldown? I feel like there needs to be some type of cooldown so these abilities cannot be used frequently in a single battle.

And will there be any future Galactic Legends, such as some type of resurrected version of Palpatine (either before or after he regains his powers)? I feel like Palpatine should especially be a Galactic Legend, since he literally became the most powerful dark side user in existence after regaining his powers in The Rise of Skywalker.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Palpatine is Star Wars.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Having met the requirements to play the event, all I can say is this event is absolute Trash, played 3 events of tier1 and re-modded each time having refreshed energy to get zero shards.... how inspiring...not....

Characters pre requisites not needed in this phase so why have this is pay wall after pay wall to gear toons, why not allow each tier based on the pre requisites...

whilst the characters look good, I’m concerned they will also break the balance... Also I don’t think this event constitutes content, it’s like a marquee but based on light side Geonosian TB.....

Looking ahead as I have Not got there yet, but why is there A Rock Paper Scissors, maybe I will be grateful for that having played the first tier I’m bored, frustrated and ready to quit the game your ruining CG....

All I can say to people not ready yet, don’t rush, I am guessing we will need a full relic 7 team for tier 5 and 6 to have a chance of completing it, and if you fail, well grind more tickets and crystals, time and money before you get to try again, what a joke, absolute crap, any other game than Star Wars....

I was really hoping to congratulate CG after 4 months of build up, the only thing that looks good are the actual characters and Vet Han and chewie look better... the rest is absolute nonsense, 14 kyrotechs needed, CG you said that these were introduced to ease the gear crunch, or do you mean fleece customers for more cash with a single mode to get this gear....

I really hope you listen and take note and change, bring back Game Changers they listen and have more idea on what the community wants and would not want, I’m not sure how much more of this drivel I can take...
  • What are galactic legends?

A huge waste of time, and resources.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    I still hope this is just an early april fools joke and that you're going to roll everything back on April the 1st, CG. Seriously. And fire whoever thought this was a good idea. Unless you're just panic milking the whales before killing the game. In that case, you're most likely doing well.
  • Kup3don2
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    And what about needed characters? For Rey at the beginning you mentioned 1 2 characters and 1 Big ship, however now I see 15 characters needed (R2D2, Tripio and Smugler Han Solo(who normally is needed for New Kaylo)) On the other hand for Kaylo you need 11 character but not 13 as it was mentioned at the beginning ... So where is the truth ?
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve announced that the first two Galactic Legends will be Kylo and Rey, but what exactly are Galactic Legends and how do they differ from Legendary, Hero’s Journey, or Epic Confrontation units?

Galactic Legends will be some of the most powerful characters in Galaxy of Heroes and will have several unique mechanics. We want these characters to plug and play into many different teams but also have a specific squad that they are particularly well suited for. For example, Galactic Legend Rey could lead a great Resistance squad due to several abilities that affect Resistance units but could also work well with just about any light side squad as she has abilities that also directly target all Light Side characters.

Part of this relates to how Galactic Legends manipulate the Mastery stat. Introduced with Relics last year, the Mastery stat provides different stat bonuses based on the character’s role and is a core part of how Galactic Legends will be interacting with their squad or their opponent’s. All characters with Relics have Mastery so no matter who you pair up with a Galactic Legend, they will get a boost to their stats. The ability to manipulate Mastery means Galactic Legends will be useful for a variety of teams but you can only have one Galactic Legend per team.

Another unique aspect of Galactic Legends is their Ultimate ability. Similar to a Capital ship, these abilities charge up over the course of battle and allow Galactic Legends to unleash their full power. Each Galactic Legend will have an Ultimate ability that’s visually striking and often strong enough to turn the tide of battle.

That’s the basics for Galactic Legends and we’ll have more to share this week. Thanks for reading and please keep in mind that these details are subject to change as these characters are still in development. See you on the Holotables!

DEV POST

• I never wrote any post but kylo is a joke. Already lot people left from the guild...and they are never gonna play anymore...😔 Kylo can't winn offense , I can't belive Gas always winn and Kylo have not got chance... This is the new GL character... Thx again I lost lot of friends😤
  • Then I play something different game... and we guys do something wrong 🤷‍♂️
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Galactic legends are a piece of junk not worth the effort at all.

Based on what? Your game play with or against them?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Im really disapointed... Its fine they want 13 characters of g13... with high relic.... for this event,I don't mind ... but for this everyone want to get meta Characters... Shame Kylo is not enough strong. 🤷‍♂️