GA division 1 split

How about spliting GA division 1 into sub divisions ?
Or creating a new divsion 0 for people above 6MGP ?

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Wholeheartedly agree. The game has evolved quite a bit since gac launched.
  • But... why?

With matchmaking only taking the upper register of your roster into account, you are still being matched fairly closely with your contemporaries.

I’m a fairly (okay, highly) bloated 5.5M, and I’ve yet to be overall GP outmatched by more than 300k, and in fact mostly face (and maintain a very average win/loss right along the .500 line) players with much leaner rosters 300-500k lower than me.

The only thing adding tiers does is increase the reward tiers for the upper echelon, so the ‘rich get richer’ model keeps on trucking, at least That appears to be most likely from everything we have seen thus far in the game.

Not saying I’m opposed personally to eventually grabbing another level of rewards, but maintaining the status quo keeps it (to a certain extent at least, you will likely never overcome a kraken who is deeply invested into his mod game) a more level playing field for rewards, the more skilled and canny players can potentially start playing a bit of catch up with the big spenders (not saying that the two are mutually exclusive, and as frustrating as it may be to play against, anyone who pays for the advantage should have it within this business model - but again, somebody who is a big spender is also likely to have a higher relic roster, moving them farther away from matchmaking with FTPs), or at least keeping the same gap in the distance in between.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    @TheJEFFtm because there's nothing keeping a 4.9m getting matched with you. This doesn't happen if you moved the same comparison 1m below. The game has escalated GPs wildly since the current segregation template has been done. New tiers will have various effects across the board in pool building, not just -rich getting richer- and rewards being distributed amongst more folks.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Also let's not forget when GAC was first released, it was the developers who said the division structure is to be revised in the future and not fixed.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    The real reason to create a higher GAC division is to increase the number of teams that those above 6Mil GP need to place on D.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    The real reason to create a higher GAC division is to increase the number of teams that those above 6Mil GP need to place on D.

That would be also cool. Currently where I am (pools are generally 5.1 to 5.7m gp, I'm 5.6) it's an efficiency war where almost all matches are full wipes with sometimes single 2-3 tries on one team and most of the time no fails on both sides. Imho this makes it rather bland. There is no need to use some of the secondary teams or come up with ingenious solutions when one gets in a clutch.