Galactic Legend Speculation

Prev1
Slaveen
481 posts Member
So the Devs have published each new tier of GL requirements about 2 weeks apart from each other and they said the events were supposed to go live at the end of this month. So for speculation purposes, does that mean the final tier of requirements will be released around March 12th and the events themselves will go live around March 26th?

Replies

• That seems to be the time table give or take a few days
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Makes sense. Expect r5 tuskens in the last batch though.
  • The last 4 requirements will be ships.
    Expect an announcement that will introduce relic for ships just before that.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    The last 4 requirements will be ships.
    Expect an announcement that will introduce relic for ships just before that.

The pilots for the ships already have relic requirements minus hux and some tfps. They wont require ships but instead more characters. Capital ships they will require though to get you to whale for those. Expect vet chewie for rey now that hes resistance. Maybe papa palp for kylo.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    My long shot predictions...

R7 Wampa for Kylo, R7 HYoda for Rey

At least 1 New toon released at or right before launch but I’m predicting 2

A giant curve ball for that final 13th slot on the list

The ticket system will take atleast a month after release to do the event and get the unlock... could see a pay to play ticket buying system that will light the F2P mob Tourches.

I will still be waiting for a pack that carries the visors that almost all first order need.

There is zero bases to any of these things but thought I’d take a shot at reading minds!
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    I’m thinking R7 Tuskens for Kylo.... he’s going to be having a flashback to when Anakin turned to the darkness while meditating by Vader’s helmet
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I doubt there is any rhyme or reason to what they are doing. They’re just slapping things along

Disagree. CG May screw some things up, but their strategies for earning money in this game are usually pretty well thought out and implemented.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I doubt there is any rhyme or reason to what they are doing. They’re just slapping things along

Disagree. CG May screw some things up, but their strategies for earning money in this game are usually pretty well thought out and implemented.

They can still watch and veer to some degree as they see how players act during the roll out. i.e. "too many completed our first batch of reqs, let's add this toon to the deal too"...or "we said that not all of them will require relics, but we can still do that!" ;)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

If only they were giving so much attention to making the game enjoyable as well...
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Just a random off shoot on this one as it's a speculation thread - do we think the plan is that they have 2 GL's per trilogy in the long run?
    So maybe for the PT, Ep3 Kenobi, and some version of a "Darth Vader (pre-Mustafar)" as the target characters and needing those ace characters like R5 (ish) Kit Fisto / Eeth Koth etc
    Then for OT looking at the legend of Jedi Luke of course, and then not sure who else as we already have a strong Palp's and an ok DV themselves of course - maybe a stronger Vader? Or even a redeemed Vader? So has lots of good skills and power but has some synergy with LS teams instead? Not saying I like the idea, just throwing things out there. Maybe it's to finally unlock Admiral Piett! Ha ha! :smiley:

Based on the events of TROS, I guess we are going to end up with 2 Lightside characters with the current GL's... (and if that's a spoiler, then you need to have a good long look at yourself in the mirror. You have to have watched the film by now surely....)
    Unless they just take things at the start of the film I guess. Not really showing the journey then though. Lots to be revealed in due course!
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Said it in another Thread CG loves their GET, my bold prediction.....

R7 Wampa for Kylo and R7 Hoda for Rey
  • Damon_Skye wrote: »
    Just a random off shoot on this one as it's a speculation thread - do we think the plan is that they have 2 GL's per trilogy in the long run?
    So maybe for the PT, Ep3 Kenobi, and some version of a "Darth Vader (pre-Mustafar)" as the target characters and needing those ace characters like R5 (ish) Kit Fisto / Eeth Koth etc
    Then for OT looking at the legend of Jedi Luke of course, and then not sure who else as we already have a strong Palp's and an ok DV themselves of course - maybe a stronger Vader? Or even a redeemed Vader? So has lots of good skills and power but has some synergy with LS teams instead? Not saying I like the idea, just throwing things out there. Maybe it's to finally unlock Admiral Piett! Ha ha! :smiley:

Based on the events of TROS, I guess we are going to end up with 2 Lightside characters with the current GL's... (and if that's a spoiler, then you need to have a good long look at yourself in the mirror. You have to have watched the film by now surely....)
    Unless they just take things at the start of the film I guess. Not really showing the journey then though. Lots to be revealed in due course!

They specifically said that they weren't the final forms we see in the movie, so its supreme leader Kylo and Jedi knight Rey (guessing on the names but you get the point)
  • Ah ok - missed that one. Ta mate!
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    I would hope that at the very least the required characters would make sense for the specific Galactic Legend. So Wampa and Hoda are not really viable. Maybe one or both of them for a Galactic Legend Luke, sure; but not for Rey or Kylo.
    I do think we'll see some new characters soon that will be requirements; Richard E Grant's character for Kylo, a new version of Leia belonging to the Resistance for Rey.
    Personally speaking though, everything requiring Relics is sapping the fun out of the game for me. I don't expect to be able to compete with the "Whales" or "Krakens" but I also don't expect to have to get 13 characters to various levels of Relics for each Galactic Legend. I've been farming away since the announcement and I've only got three characters to the required Relic level so far. Might take me until the end of the year to get 13 and then I'll only have one Galactic Legend. How many will be out by then? How many F2P players, or even casual spenders, are really going to be happy with that?
    I don't think this bodes well for the long term viability of the game but I am open to being proved wrong.
  • The frenzie around the legends has been a roller coaster. Now that I have become accustomed to being upside down and spinning, it’s pretty enjoyable. I look forward to focussing on one at a time no matter the requirements and acknowledge that I will be 2-3 months behind where I initially hoped to be. Excited to to finally unlock one of them. Go ahead CG and make the last batch truly daunting- will give me more mountain to enjoy.
  • Foxer wrote: »

Not going to happen. Most people who would spend have them at 7 stars and theres no money in it and no lore relevance. Vet chewie is probs gonna happen for rey though
  • @Stenun
    A 'General Organa' character or similar would be amazing! We do have 5 Hans, 3 Chewies already...
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »

Not going to happen. Most people who would spend have them at 7 stars and theres no money in it and no lore relevance. Vet chewie is probs gonna happen for rey though

Spending has little to do with having wampa and Hoda at 7*, it’s all about length of time playing. Lots of spenders who are relatively new to the game don’t have them.

Exactly they want new whale money as well as old. Having gec characters wont incentivize spending. But on the other side of things, all GL requirements make somewhat sense to the character they are required for. Hoda and wampa do not make any sense and we wont see them as requirements for THIS event. Jedi luke will be a very different story
  • Polinski08
    88 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Why is no one noticing there are only what 10 FO toons? Resistance all have been needed other than BB8 and C3po. Vet chewie has nothing to do with rey or kylo. Vet han is kylo dad and kylo killed him, he has a tie.

There is 1 capital ship each side and 3 resistance ships and 4 FO ships. The previous 3 levels are bad enough. Why is everyone soooo certain ships wont be p4 of this roll out? They would have to roll marquees this week if it isnt ships.

Every opponent, arena person, and guild mate I watch their rosters. I know this is such a small sample size but less than 5% have 9/13 toons ready. Next less than 1% have 9/13 for BOTH toons ready in the small sample I checked. This doesnt even count the PITA for the ticket system. They are spot on with this roll out unless you spend. To give an idea, 400k crystals is what it has taken me.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    Why is no one noticing there are only what 10 FO toons?

No one noticed this?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Why is no one noticing there are only what 10 FO toons? Resistance all have been needed other than BB8 and C3po. Vet chewie has nothing to do with rey or kylo. Vet han is kylo dad and kylo killed him, he has a tie.

Yep, Chewie wasnt there when she left Jakku in the Falcon and he captured her ship. He wasnt there after she fought Kylo Ren. He wasnt there when she flew to go find Luke. He wasnt there when she was going to see Kylo Ren on Snokes ship. He wasnt there when she rescued the Resistance from Kylo Ren. He wasnt there when they went looking for the sith wayfinder on Pasanna. She was even there when he got captured by the FO.

But your right, he has nothing to do with her journey. 😂

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    I’m guessing last requirements will be FOTP at r3 and three FO ships (and not the Finalizer). This I base on absolutely nothing.
  • Phasmatron
    22 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Just a guess on the last 4 for fun.

Resistance:
    Vet chewie
    BB8
    Resistance hero Poe
    Raddus

FO:
    FOTP
    Hux
    Palpatine
    Finalizer
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Yep, Chewie wasnt there when she left Jakku in the Falcon and he captured her ship. He wasnt there after she fought Kylo Ren. He wasnt there when she flew to go find Luke. He wasnt there when she was going to see Kylo Ren on Snokes ship. He wasnt there when she rescued the Resistance from Kylo Ren. He wasnt there when they went looking for the sith wayfinder on Pasanna. She was even there when he got captured by the FO.

But your right, he has nothing to do with her journey. 😂

So I am wrong. Thank you for pointing it out. Still explain fully where the 4 toons come from then genius? Vet chewie for rey plus what 3 others? Holdo ship, bb8 and c3po?

If that is correct, then explain the 4 for fo? So far everything is mirroring one another. Same level of relics needed on both sides and same number of toons. Only FO not used is FOTP, so 2 or 3 marquees??
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    I have no idea who is needed but to say Chewie wasnt there for Rey is absurd. At this point I wouldnt be surprised Palpatine wont be needed for Rey though.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?