Prev1345
RJ__Brando
1500 posts Moderator
edited March 2020
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
ftkjeci99evd.png

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Welcome to another State of the Galaxy! Galactic Legends Rey and Kylo Ren are landing later this month so we want to share some final insights into the development of these characters and their events.

Galactic Legends are a new type of character and we start them off with the culmination of the new trilogy - the Force dyad of Rey and Kylo Ren. Many of our strongest characters are released in quick events as bursts of excitement, however we also want to diversify our event experiences. By slowly revealing the requirements and leaving the events open (once you’ve met the requirements), these events serve as a long-term goal for veteran players to work towards.

As we’ve mentioned, Galactic Legends unlock at 7 stars, but unlike many other events, you don’t need to reach the final tier of the event to achieve this. You’ll receive enough character shards to activate each
Galactic Legends partway through their event, however you still need to complete their entire event to unlock their full power - their ultimate ability. The Ultimate Abilities will require a new Ultimate Ability Material to unlock that is rewarded from completing the final tiers of the event. You will have enough material to unlock their Ultimate Ability once you have earned all available materials from the later tiers of the event. The materials needed to unlock ultimate abilities will only be available in Galactic Legend events.

Once you qualify for each of their events, you will be able to earn event tickets through existing gameplay and can be used to attempt a tier of the Galactic Legends event that you have unlocked. These event tickets come in 2 varieties, light and dark side, and you’ll need the appropriate type to participate in that side’s Galactic Legend event. (NOTE: these tickets do have a maximum cap) Each tier of the event will give rewards for a certain number of completions until that tier’s rewards has been exhausted. Once all tier rewards are exhausted, you will no longer need tickets to access the event and will no longer earn them.

These characters have powerful abilities but one of the most exciting features is their visuals. Our art team has been hard at work creating more detailed character models, epic animations, and iconic moments during their events, and we want to give you a peek at some of the behind-the-scenes development.
ip49vzjtecrs.jpg
This storyboard shows the duel that demonstrates the dynamic nature of the Force dyad between Kylo and Rey. The art team has been working to capture that moment using our in-game engine.

From the animations to the environments, we want these characters to feel special even at a glance. Here’s the latest peek at our Galactic Legends Rey.
qdiwz42xajpk.png

Thanks for reading our final State of the Galaxy before the release of Galactic Legends. We are very excited to see what happens when you get your hands on these characters! Looking forward to April, we have an exciting State of the Galaxy covering the next era for Galaxy of Heroes and something you all have been asking for! See you on the Holotables!

DEV POST

Replies

• 💩
  • That's all you guys have to say for this State of the Galaxy? Galactic Paywalls? What a bummer.
  • Zeta mats 2.0... At least it's not going to be another GET1 currency pit...
  • When will we get a kit reveal so that we know if the money is worth it?
  • Ct214476 wrote: »
    When will we get a kit reveal so that we know if the money is worth it?

The day before GL release lol

Spoiler: They are not worth it
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Ct214476 wrote: »

When the kits are ready (they're not).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Each tier of the event will give rewards for a certain number of completions until that tier’s rewards has been exhausted. Once all tier rewards are exhausted, you will no longer need tickets to access the event and will no longer earn them.
    I was hoping it was something like this when they announced a ticketing system. This is cool

The storyboard and model looks exciting and cool

Can’t wait to play these events later this month

Ultimate ability mats don’t really matter, it’s more of a complete the entire event to unlock the ultimates. I wonder how many zetas and omegas they take

I like that we can unlock the GL midway instead of finishing all tiers
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Yawn, nothing new. Give us something to hype over....GL’s aren’t it. Most of us are six+ months out from these. Whats the plan for the mean time!!!!!!?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Zeta mats 2.0... At least it's not going to be another GET1 currency pit...
    Unlike zetas they won’t be required by every marquee / legendary / etc

And you get them at the end of the event rather than grinding for it through challenges, or other areas
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    “The next era of Swgoh”.... I guess it’s a change form the next error in SWGOH.
  • MeowbaccaHSP
    39 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Yawn, nothing new. Give us something to hype over....GL’s aren’t it. Most of us are six+ months out from these. Whats the plan for the mean time!!!!!!?

Hey now, you can start your Finalizer and Raddus farms. Keep at the events and you can 7* the ships in a couple years.
    Post edited by MeowbaccaHSP on
  • StarDog89
    169 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Hopefully this is just poor choice of words but I noticed this on this months SOTG...

o9kpvtlwmnbw.jpg

Please for the love of all that is good, don't require both factions meet qualifications before you can participate in the events.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Hey now, you can start your Finalizer and Raddus farms. Keep at the events and you can unlock the ships in a couple years.

GLs won't be a big grind. You'll have your Kylo/Rey in 2025
  • Tazzz
    62 posts Member
    See if we can sum this thread real quick to save everyone the trouble.

Pros:
    Great idea with art and storyboard - look awesome
    Glad they are still 7* unlock
    Unlocked without completing all events
    No new GET drama
    Reiterated an end-of-month release
    (Update later today probably has final requirements)
    Jedi Luke suggested at end of post as next GL** ?

Cons:
    No Kit release
    Most of you probably are too salty to enjoy the artwork
    No *specific* release date
    Ticket system - can't get without having all req's complete, and can't hoard as a result.
    It's CG and most people posting have a chip on their shoulder about them
    While no one is forcing you to spend, many will say the "paywall" is greater than Trump's idea for border control.

What'd I miss? Probably loads.
  • Thanks for providing some concept art! I always love to peak behind the curtain into how things are created.

Will future Galactic Legends likely take this long to develop in the future or was a lot of the development time spent on figuring out the ticket system and release style?
  • Wow, the art team is really working hard! You love to see it!

/s
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Next month is Raid content or that new game mode CG_Sven mentioned

My money is on raid since that’s what the past few Q&A have been hinting and leading towards
  • DubbQ
    92 posts Member
    So is the last part hinting on the Mace rework? I dont believe they will announce another GL like luke so soon after the others
  • Probably just bad wording. I don't think you'll need requirements for both to just participate in either of them. Not even CG is that bold.
  • I hope you're right. I feel like I've told myself that before....
  • Tazzz
    62 posts Member
    DubbQ wrote: »
    So is the last part hinting on the Mace rework? I dont believe they will announce another GL like luke so soon after the others

"Next era for Galaxy of Heroes and something you all have been asking for!" Is vague enough to hint at several things. With the new season of Clone wars, Mace/Jedi Counsel touch-up/reworks would be fitting. But Mandalorian content, Raids, "New content", etc, are just some of the stuff we have "all been asking for." You're probably right that it's not another GL, I just figured Jedi Luke is the most asked about thing.
  • Tazzz wrote: »
    DubbQ wrote: »

"Next era for Galaxy of Heroes and something you all have been asking for!" Is vague enough to hint at several things. With the new season of Clone wars, Mace/Jedi Counsel touch-up/reworks would be fitting. But Mandalorian content, Raids, "New content", etc, are just some of the stuff we have "all been asking for." You're probably right that it's not another GL, I just figured Jedi Luke is the most asked about thing.

GL Jedi Luke should be on of the last GL released with GL Darth Vader. Just my guess. They will possibly wait until this batch of GL comes out, how these toons interact in the community etc. Then do another GL series maybe quarter 3? Just my guess.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Next month is Raid content or that new game mode CG_Sven mentioned

My money is on raid since that’s what the past few Q&A have been hinting and leading towards

I agree, i would bet on new raid content (maybe single player type?)
  • Rey's preview game model looks awesome. I'm excited for this. It also sounds like something that won't be immediately unlockable on the first day, even for whales, which is nice. Something to work towards

Huh?

It's an open ended event. This can be done free to play.

If you are spending money on this, then it is your risk only.

• Calling it now:

You'll earn LS tickets (for Rey's Ultimate) by doing the latter tiers of the Kylo event (for which you'll need FO characters geared).

And vice versa, DS tickets (for Kylo's Ultimate) by doing Rey's event (for which you'll need Resistance characters geared).

This allows people to unlock one or the other, but not be able to get the abilities without having EVERYTHING geared and unlocked.

CG's way of giving the double middle finger to anyone who thought they could skirt by and "only go for one or the other"
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Calling it now:

You'll earn LS tickets (for Rey's Ultimate) by doing the latter tiers of the Kylo event (for which you'll need FO characters geared).

And vice versa, DS tickets (for Kylo's Ultimate) by doing Rey's event (for which you'll need Resistance characters geared).

This allows people to unlock one or the other, but not be able to get the abilities without having EVERYTHING geared and unlocked.

CG's way of giving the double middle finger to anyone who thought they could skirt by and "only go for one or the other"
    You can't be any more wrong since they have told us that we will get tickets by playing existing gameplay
  • I'm one of the first to complain but I gotta say so far so good. Little nervous about the new ability mats but I don't really know anything yet. But I think that this is going to be fun.