Never Getting GLR or GLKR ... req are WAY TO HIGH

Well, I’ve heard many people say this before, and I’m sure 95% of the people here will come running to CG’s defense.. but I sure hope that GLR & GLKR aren’t needed for any future content.. because at this rate, it’ll be the year 2030 before I get them. Once again, CG follows the same crappy business model where they force players to collect and use game resources to collect and level characters they don’t want and will never use to get stuff that’s (unofficially) “required” .. IE: all the whales and filthy rich players will have GLR & GLKR immediately of course, and of course both of them will have abilities that resist all damage, and plunge through their opponents defences. Any PVP or raid scenarios will always leave those lacking these toons at a disadvantage...

But who cares right? If I stay f2p (I will NEVER spend another penny supporting the GREEDIEST developers who ever lived) .. then I’ll get these “must have” toons in about 10 years... and of course by then, they’ll be much less relevant, because CG will have released newer toons with even higher requirements .. making it even more impossible for anyone who doesn’t spend money on this game. Why would they do this? TO GET PEOPLE WHO DONT SPEND MONEY TO START SPENDING MONEY!! CMON PEOPLE!! THEY DONT MAKE ENOUGH MONEY!!

I know nobody here cares, and many (including myself) have complained about this before.. but this time these requirements REALLY feel out of reach. The introduction of Relics was bad enough... now this is just ridiculous. My spirit for this game is broken... I’m going to keep playing for now, but it was already feeling impossible to keep up.. now you’ve made it ridiculous. Maybe if they change direction and ACTUALLY STARTED PROVIDING NEW CONTENT then I might be tempted to stay around. (NOTE: I do NOT consider “The hyperdrive bundle OMG!!!!!!” or anything available in the store to be “content“) .. but instead they’ll be all the whales with their brand new toons.. playing the same tired scenarios over and over with the same backgrounds... no new game modes, no other things added to the game. Doesn’t that sound great?

And now, let me save the CG defense team some time.. Yes, I know that if I immediately HALT everything I’m currently doing in this game (still trying to get Malek and my DR team to G13) and focus solely on these new releases, I could get GL toons in less than 10 years. But will I consistently be at a disadvantage to the whales? Yes. (Well, that’s always the case anyway) Will I spend even a penny to change that for myself? NOT EVER. Is this an enjoyable way to play? NO.

OH WAIT .. I found a solution to stay f2p and still get everything I need in the game. ILL SPEND SOMEONE ELSES MONEY INSTEAD. That way, I’m still “technically” free to play right?

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    "Once again, CG follows the same crappy business model where they force players to collect and use game resources to collect and level characters they don’t want and will never use"

How should they do it differently? Serious q. Have the players you like be the requisites? Have only the acknowledged meta chars be reqs? Somehow not have reqs? Again, srs q
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Well, I’ve heard many people say this before, and I’m sure 95% of the people here will come running to CG’s defense..

lmao
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • "Once again, CG follows the same crappy business model where they force players to collect and use game resources to collect and level characters they don’t want and will never use"

So does Marvel Strike Force, Dragon Champions, and many other games out there that get a lot of praise for doing the same thing. Seriously the ENTIRE POINT of these collection games is to collect and use game resources to collect and level characters you don't want because honestly the majority of them are needed for SOMETHING that keeps the game interesting and helps you get the things you DO want.
  • Just accept this is who CG is. They don’t care so long as the whales and krakens keep spending. Just enjoy what you can with your guild, build up what you want and focus on the GL’s at your own pace.
    If you think this is the end of relic requirements for events you’re wrong lol. It’s the new norm. Grind to G12, grind to G13, then grind through relic 5 and up. #ForeverGrinding
  • User: Complains about endgame content and hopes not yet released endgame content won't ever be required for not yet designed endgame content
    Also user: Arena team is 3 metas behind, Fleet arena team is 1 meta behind, casual guild, lots of questionable G12 and zeta choices, hasn't bothered farming teams for current endgame TB content, has 3 HSTR teams....

Yup, checks out.
  • Lol I love the timelines. A focused farm of the gear and characters will meet the GL requirements in about 6 to 9 months, depending on where your roster is already.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Incoming ban from the fun police in 3, 2, 1...

Bc that’s a thing?
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    crappy business model
    force players
    it’ll be the year 2030 before I get them
    GREEDIEST developers who ever lived
    etc.

What's with all the exaggerations? Overly emotional and irrational rants like yours are such a pain to read. Considering the negative impact this game seems to have on your mental health, I suggest that you stop playing it.
  • You mean you are just not getting it as soon as those paying. I have a friend who started this game in Aug 2019. NOT even a year in. Has both Kylo mid relic. Has most first order 7 stars. He is 100% free to play. I mean ...not a cent ever. He has 3 kids... and I work with him. We aren't rich.

How is he going to be 1/3 of the way done as a totally free to play player in under a year and you are saying this will take forever?

For anyone who has played even 2 years.. there isn't an excuse. You have had the ability to be ready for a long time.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    zippy if that's your .gg you don't even have traya, and malak isn't 7*, no GAS, no way to get GAS, no gg 7*. I mean, if that's you, GL's aren't for you. They're for long time players at end game. this isn't a judgement, it's just factual
  • Eliminating casual players won’t be good even for the whales/krakens.. it’ll just turn you all against each other. And yes, as I said, as the game goes on and the requirements get even more ridiculous, I will eventually stop playing
  • plindboe wrote: »
    crappy business model
    force players
    it’ll be the year 2030 before I get them
    GREEDIEST developers who ever lived
    etc.

What's with all the exaggerations? Overly emotional and irrational rants like yours are such a pain to read. Considering the negative impact this game seems to have on your mental health, I suggest that you stop playing it.

Listening to people who waste ridiculous amounts of money on this game per month justify themselves is more painful to read.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Too*
  • I don’t care actually.. I do generally enjoy the game, or I wouldn’t play it.. but increasingly ridiculous requirements forecast a point where it will be unplayable for anyone who isn’t either a whale/kraken, or a sweaty obsessive type who doesn’t go 3 minutes without looking at their phone.

And sometimes it makes me angry that this company engages so often in behaviour that’s so clearly and disgustingly greed focused.. And no, not all f2p games are like that.. but the swgoh devs obviously are, and always will be apparently.

So when it gets the better of me, I come here to rant. I don’t care if any of you find it “painful to read” or not. Take your own advice and don’t read it then dude. Or keep emptying your dad’s money into the game in hopes of one day achieving what the devs will continue to dangle in front of you .. you will never get it, and as for me? I will never again spend even 1/10,000th of a penny on this lazily developed game and it’s hilarious excuse for “content”.

HOW ABOUT THAT HYPERDRIVE BUNDLE?! YEAH BRO ITZ DA BOMB AMIRITE?!
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

You're still using this wrong. There's nothing fun about OP's post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Yes there is, I’m enjoying my rant.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Yes there is, I’m enjoying my rant.

I stand corrected.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH