rename Grand Arena to slaughter house

GAwhippingboy
1 posts Member
edited March 2020
This is third GA in a row I’ve been put up against exact same guy and it’s pathetic. it’s not even remotely fair. He cleared all my teams first try and I tried my best team just to see and only got 1 turn to attack.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• This is third GA in a row I’ve been put up against exact same guy and it’s pathetic. it’s not even remotely fair. He cleared all my teams first try and I tried my best team just to see and only got 1 turn to attack.

I believe the Devs stated this was an impossibility.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    This is third GA in a row I’ve been put up against exact same guy and it’s pathetic. it’s not even remotely fair. He cleared all my teams first try and I tried my best team just to see and only got 1 turn to attack.

I believe the Devs stated this was an impossibility.

Internal to a single event (group of 8) yes, impossible. But each of the matching is independent and therefore it is possible, although unlikely to have this happen. It is more likely when players are in certain GP ranges.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    This is from a developer Q&A back when GAC started.

Q: What are the chances of facing the same opponent twice or more in GAC? I fought an opponent in the GAC exhibition and then fought them again in the current GAC?
    • A: Tophat - Our data indicates it's virtually zero, but there are a few players that fall into weird places where this happens to them more often (so often they think we are trolling them). It does occur, but it's a fringe behavior. We are going to review again in the next couple months to make sure it's not happening more.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    It definitely happens with the more extreme rosters. Over the course of my GAC history I've had the same people that have Been in each of my groups of 8 multiple times including these two......
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    ooi7txc8y0c7.png

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    65ryv1yaw0r0.png
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    That's my current group

Look at my previous gac to see that I've played two of them already.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/889657739/gac-history/
  • TVF
    36521 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Stop buying everything?

I mean, thank you for keeping the game going. But I'm assuming that's why.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Stop buying everything?

If that's aimed at me then that's a bit unfair. The guys above were really calling the guy who mare this post a liar and I just wanted to show that this does happen....
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The strongest and weakest rosters by matchmaking GP in a given division are most likely to face the same opponents repeatedly.
  • TVF
    36521 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    Stop buying everything?

If that's aimed at me then that's a bit unfair.

Is it?

I don't see how this would happen unless you have one of the highest GP in the game, which isn't happening without spending a decent amount of money.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Stop buying everything?

Is it?

I don't see how this would happen unless you have one of the highest GP in the game, which isn't happening without spending a decent amount of money.

Cmon.

You chastise people for not providing proof to claims and now you ridicule then when they do.
  • TVF
    36521 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Stop buying everything?

Is it?

Cmon.

You chastise people for not providing proof to claims and now you ridicule then when they do.

I'm not ridiculing anyone. In fact I specifically thanked them for spending, which allows f2p to exist and the game to continue.

I'm merely pointing out that this shouldn't happen unless you're at the very top end of GP, which means spending. Which I've already said once and shouldn't have to repeat.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Stop buying everything?

Is it?

Cmon.

I'm not ridiculing anyone. In fact I specifically thanked them for spending, which allows f2p to exist and the game to continue.

I'm merely pointing out that this shouldn't happen unless you're at the very top end of GP, which means spending. Which I've already said once and shouldn't have to repeat.

Given that his GP sits just under 4.2mil, I would say he is far from the very top end and in no way indicates any sort of excessive spending. So no, it does not only happen in the case of spending your way to top end GP.
  • Lol, I’m far from top end, I do spend more $ on the game than I should, heck I don’t even have Malek yet.

I’ve basically been playing since game rollout. Its just so aggravating to feel like I’m a pee wee football team thrown into the NFL.

Since GA came out I might have won 1rst place one time, and it was due to a couple non players.
    GA is so geared to reward those with the fewer buffed up teams vs me with basically all characters activated and geared moderately from the long haul.

It may have not been 3 in a row but I recognized him on The GA prior to this one due to his name and fact he has WAT @6*.

This guy has over 40 chars @ level 1. I have 500k more galactic power than him with virtually all characters @ 85 and I get clobbered. Seems fair, must be my strategy, not.

But I digress, just thought I’d vent here to see if I was the only one disgruntled.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Lol, I’m far from top end, I do spend more $ on the game than I should, heck I don’t even have Malek yet.

I’ve basically been playing since game rollout. Its just so aggravating to feel like I’m a pee wee football team thrown into the NFL.
    Then you did not spend wisely.
    Since GA came out I might have won 1rst place one time, and it was due to a couple non players.
    GA is so geared to reward those with the fewer buffed up teams vs me with basically all characters activated and geared moderately from the long haul.
    Then the problem is clearly you.
    * You have had over a year to adjust to matchmaking by GP
    * GAC improved your lot by only marching by top {x} toon GP and ignoring the fluff below that
    * g13 and relics offered you a golden opportunity to re-balance your roster

If you haven't adapted by this point you are essentially whipping yourself.
    This guy has over 40 chars @ level 1. I have 500k more galactic power than him with virtually all characters @ 85 and I get clobbered. Seems fair, must be my strategy, not.
    I have beaten opponents with up to 30% more usable GP and more recently with over 500k more GP.

It's you.
    But I digress, just thought I’d vent here to see if I was the only one disgruntled.
    There is always someone.