Rank so low

Prev1
Ok, so I am trying to figure out why my rank in Squad Arena is so low. My GP is around 2.1 million and my rank is around 1700, but, I see people that have half my GP around 1 million ranked around 4 to 500. I use an Empire team of Darth Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin, Thrawn and Tie Fighter Pilot and their power is 107k. I have decent mods, but, I am losing to people with lower power than me. Also, and I don't think it matters, well, I've heard it doesn't matter that I usually just put it on auto, so I don't get frustrated as much when I lose. Someone in my guild told me they aren't meta and told me to try my rebel team with Commander Luke Skywalker has lead and they got thier butt handed to them. That team is 90k with CLS, Luke Farmboy, R2-D2, Stormtrooper Han and Leia, please help.

Replies

• Sice71 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am trying to figure out why my rank in Squad Arena is so low. My GP is around 2.1 million and my rank is around 1700, but, I see people that have half my GP around 1 million ranked around 4 to 500. I use an Empire team of Darth Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin, Thrawn and Tie Fighter Pilot and their power is 107k. I have decent mods, but, I am losing to people with lower power than me. Also, and I don't think it matters, well, I've heard it doesn't matter that I usually just put it on auto, so I don't get frustrated as much when I lose. Someone in my guild told me they aren't meta and told me to try my rebel team with Commander Luke Skywalker has lead and they got thier butt handed to them. That team is 90k with CLS, Luke Farmboy, R2-D2, Stormtrooper Han and Leia, please help.

Register on this website and then paste the url to your profile back here so we can critique your roster.
    If you are going to use Empire you need zeta lead Palp, and a zeta on Vader's unique is not a waste. That pair modded correctly with equally relic 3-5 Empire or Sith behind them will always get you into the top 500. You just won't break top 200 with them.

https://swgoh.gg
  • All of my Empire team Zeta'd out and Vader and Thrawn are gear 12
  • I don't have any relics though
  • I can deal with top 500, its better rewards than 1700
  • Oh, I am registered on that site already
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Sice71 wrote: »
    I don't have any relics though

yeah, neither did I before I got them. I was patient and farmed them. Do that.

Just don't take that team past R5 whatever you do. R3-R5 is good for it. Maybe even R2. You don't want to make the mistake I did and R7 1 whole team unless it is straight beast. I went R4 on Thrawn.cause of cap ship and he is a beast anywhere. Fracture and TM swap are 2 of the most versatile abilities in the game on any team. I will g12 Vader, R5 EP, and G12 Tarkin down the road. My 5th Empire? Believe it or not I put HK in there a lot for mass tenacity down.
    4t6vto4r9bib.png
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Yep
  • ok, but, thats not the problem, the teams Im facing aren't even gear 12 that are beating me. My team the way it is now should at least be maybe top 700
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    ok, but, thats not the problem, the teams Im facing aren't even gear 12 that are beating me. My team the way it is now should at least be maybe top 700

Yeah mate then you are either fighting people that are counter empire or you are sucking big time with mods
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    DO NOT relic any empire. farm bastilla fallen, nihilus, sion if you want a dark side team. EP lead is best (until you get DRevan).
    Are you facing bastilla jedi teams? she has a huge protection buff that makes it hard for debuff team like empire
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • i am facing some Bastilla Shan teams
  • I have Empire team at 107k, Jedi team at 87k, Rebel team 90k, 1st Order team at 77k, Scoundrel team at 76k, Phoenix team at 80k, bounty hunter team at 74k
  • I am not even close to having Bastilla Shan team
  • Bastila Shan is at 6/25 shards
  • I am curently working on Sabine Wren and Wedge Antilles for thier ships
  • and why is it not good to relic any Empire team
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    and why is it not good to relic any Empire team

Because they no longer are meta, too many teams kill them easily
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    I have Empire team at 107k, Jedi team at 87k, Rebel team 90k, 1st Order team at 77k, Scoundrel team at 76k, Phoenix team at 80k, bounty hunter team at 74k

Empire vs bastila is basically a lose
  • They arent amazing late game. Although a Zetad EP lead should run circles around Phoenix teams. Although you should start farming for CLS as he is one of the best offensive leaders in the game still
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I use an Empire team of Darth Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin, Thrawn and Tie Fighter Pilot and their power is 107k. I have decent mods, but, I am losing to people with lower power than me. Also, and I don't think it matters, well, I've heard it doesn't matter that I usually just put it on auto, so I don't get frustrated as much when I lose.

If using an Empire team you should use Palpatine lead. I see that you're switching between various leads.

If you need a tank on your team try Experimenting with GK instead of either TFP or Tarkin.

GP is not a measure of how strong your team is - especially not when it's inflated by wasting zetas on multiple leadership abilities. You should save your zeta materials for now until you learn more about how to spend them better. They are valuable.

What type of low power teams do you have trouble beating?

Don't play on auto unless you already secured the victory.
    Someone in my guild told me they aren't meta and told me to try my rebel team with Commander Luke Skywalker has lead and they got thier butt handed to them. That team is 90k with CLS, Luke Farmboy, R2-D2, Stormtrooper Han and Leia, please help.

Farmboy Luke is weak - even with that zeta, you put on him.
    R2D2 needs at least 1 zeta (Number Crunch is strong. The other is mediocre).
    Han Solo needs his zeta to shine.
    Your GK will probably be better than ST Han on that team. Or a geared Old Ben.
    You need Chewbacca to complete the CLS trio and make your rebels shine.

(again: don't waste your zeta materials. Use the wisely).
    i am facing some Bastilla Shan teams

If you can't land your debuffs you will a very hard time with your empire team. You might want to avoid those Bastilla teams. Rebel, Phoenix, Nightsisters should be easy for you.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I am curently working on Sabine Wren and Wedge Antilles for thier ships

They are not really necessary. May I suggest that you work on your bountyhunters and their ships? They will help you unlock Chewbacca and HMF. Chewbacca will be a great addition to your rebel team and HMF could help you reach top 50 in fleet arena. You should be able to unlock a 5* Chewbacca already with what you have. Boba, Dengar, Greedo, Zam and Cad Bane can take him to 7*. Including Bossk will make it easier. Dengar is the MVP.
  • What is HMF oh Hans Millenium Falcon, right.
  • Dengar is not even close to being done.
  • I already have CLS, he is my strongest character and zeta'd and stronger even than Vader who is gear 12 and how is it that you can see that I switching leads between Vader and Palps
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    DO NOT relic any empire. farm bastilla fallen, nihilus, sion if you want a dark side team. EP lead is best (until you get DRevan).
    Are you facing bastilla jedi teams? she has a huge protection buff that makes it hard for debuff team like empire

zz EP z Unique Vader is a really good plug and play combo for a lot of team variations. Both of those are most likely relic requirements for GL Ren anyway. And they are pilots. A roster will not be worse off for taking those two to R1. Now what you do with that from there? That could be a mistake.
    I already have CLS, he is my strongest character and zeta'd and stronger even than Vader who is gear 12 and how is it that you can see that I switching leads between Vader and Palps

Vader's awesomeness doesn't come from his damage output. It comes from his toughness and kit's usefulness with EP, although there is a really good counter to that statement with a Saber throw on someone with 6 DoTs on them.
    What is HMF oh Hans Millenium Falcon, right.

We call it **** in our guild. Millenium F
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I already have CLS, he is my strongest character and zeta'd and stronger even than Vader who is gear 12 and how is it that you can see that I switching leads between Vader and Palps

Your squad arena history gave it away. Some days you played with one leader other days with other leaders.
  • Well, so anyway, I looked at the top of the squad arena and quite a few Galactic Rebublic Jedi teams, mostly with Padme. I don't have Padme, yet, but I was watchinga show about some of top players talking about how dangerous Bariss Offee is, cause she heals every time an ally gets hit with a critical hit, so I am going to use clone trooper fives until I get her up to 7*, then I will work the geonosians to get Padme. I am not looking to be #1 for now, I just want top 500, so I can get better rewards
    Well, so anyway, I looked at the top of the squad arena and quite a few Galactic Rebublic Jedi teams, mostly with Padme. I don't have Padme, yet, but I was watchinga show about some of top players talking about how dangerous Bariss Offee is, cause she heals every time an ally gets hit with a critical hit, so I am going to use clone trooper fives until I get her up to 7*, then I will work the geonosians to get Padme. I am not looking to be #1 for now, I just want top 500, so I can get better rewards

Top 500 is pretty easy with Padnakinobi Tano without a 5th