"Leave" Button on GAC

Why don't u guys create a leave button on GAC as TW?

I always click join by mistake and don't have time to improve my chars

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Didn't help this TW lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Somehow I knew there would be a thread open on this. :D

I literally just clicked [Join] in a moment of brain derp - meant to click into TW funnily enough. Not the end of the World but a better solution would be nice.

TW leave+rejoin to re-snapshot worked just fine for me. ;)
  • That's it guys, i made the exactly same mistake!

Was going to see TW and joined GAC by accident.

Hopefully any developer see this post and fix this for us.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    In the mean time it helps to pay attention :p
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    In the mean time it helps to pay attention :p
    I was totally paying attention! Unfortunately my brain was visiting Derpsville. :D
  • TVF wrote: »
    Didn't help this TW lol.

So It WAS broke? I swear I left tw and rejoined so it would lock in my newly reliced padme and yet my padme was g12 this last tw. I even checked the join list and verified I was at the bottom of the list instead of at the top from my 1st join...so yeah it definitely seemed like my rejoin didn't cause a new roster lock.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Didn't help this TW lol.

So It WAS broke? I swear I left tw and rejoined so it would lock in my newly reliced padme and yet my padme was g12 this last tw. I even checked the join list and verified I was at the bottom of the list instead of at the top from my 1st join...so yeah it definitely seemed like my rejoin didn't cause a new roster lock.

My Doc and BSF had no mods, which is their normal state. I gave them their GAC/TW mods, joined, and then switched back, like I do every GAC and TW. This is the first time since the join lock was implemented it failed to stick. Others in my guild, and others here and on reddit, reported similar issues.

(don't bother with "anecdotal", for those who would try to post it as a gotcha, you're doing them wrong)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    I know several people who missed this GAC completely due to lack of leave rejoin option. Yeah, fine, pay attention, their fault. Doesn't change that they missed it though.

Now this is a one off. Reason was US time change and being used to one time (their local one, obviously) and leaving it until late as no leave/rejoin. Won't happen again (for a year) but even so.
  • At the very least, the misleading "Roster lock in HH:MM" counter needs to be removed and a Y/N dialog added along the lines of "are you sure you want to sign up with your current roster". It's lazy and unprofessional to implement major changes behind the scenes and do nothing to adjust the UI accordingly.