Prev134
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 2020
7pgwa7mbgt8e.jpg

UNIT NAME: Rey
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Leader, Resistance, Galactic Legend
Resistance Leader who safeguards her allies by providing powerful shields and delivering high damage

[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]

ABILITIES:

Basic: RELENTLESS PURSUIT

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If it's Rey's turn, she deals damage a second time, has +50% Health Steal, and ignores 50% of the target's Armor. This Health Steal is doubled while Rey is under 50% Health.

Special 1: LIFEBLOOD (Cooldown 0)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Rey loses 25% Health and target Light Side ally gains bonus Protection equal to the amount lost. All other Light Side allies gain half of that amount. If Rey is at full health when she uses this ability, all Light Side allies gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns.

Target other ally gains Lifeblood until they are defeated or until Lifeblood is granted to a different ally, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. Rey can't be defeated by this ability.

Rey can't use this ability if she is at or below 25% Health at the start of her turn

Lifeblood: Damage received decreased by 30% and damage dealt increased by 30%

Special 2: SUDDEN WHIRLWIND (Cooldown 0)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal 3x massive damage to target enemy. Then, deal Physical damage to all enemies. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. This attack can't be countered or evaded.

This ability can't be used unless a Light Side ally dropped below 60% Health since its last use

NOTE: A Light Side ally needs to dropped below 60% Health in order to use this ability for the first time

Leader: WISDOM OF THE SACRED TEXTS

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Light Side allies have +40% Mastery, +30 Speed, and +30% Max Health. Whenever an enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, Inspired Light Side allies gain 5% Mastery (stacking) until the end of the encounter. The first time each Light Side ally falls below 50% Health, they gain Damage Immunity for 1 turn, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented, and recover 50% Health when it expires.

Unique 1: MANIFEST INSPIRATION

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of her turn, Rey becomes Inspired. If she is already Inspired, she instead Inspires the healthiest Light Side ally who isn't. Inspired Light Side allies dispel all debuffs on themselves when they use a Basic ability during their turn. Light Side allies with Inspired or Damage Immunity can't have their Turn Meter reduced.

Unique 2: GALACTIC LEGEND

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) This unit takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects. They take massive damage from destroy effects (excludes raid bosses) and are immune to stun effects.

This unit has +10% Max Health and Max Protection per Relic Amplifier level, and damage they receive is decreased by 30%.

Ultimate: HEIR TO THE JEDI (Must charge to 100% before use)
Unlocked with purchase (10 Ultimate Ability Materials) after meeting requirement of Relic Amplifier level 1
Ultimate Charge: Rey gains 6% Ultimate Charge at the start of every character's turn.

FINAL TEXT: (ULTIMATE) Until the end of Rey's next turn, she enters a defensive stance and damage Light Side allies receive is reduced to 1. While in this stance, Rey can't act, has 30% less Speed, is immune to all detrimental effects, and can't be defeated. Upon activating this ability again, she deals true damage (ignores defense, but can't critically hit) to the enemy team split among them and all Ultimate Charge is consumed. This attack can't be countered or evaded.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Oh my.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Can we see her please? It’s been months since the 2 characters where announced and we are just reading about Rey, do we have to wait longer to see her in action?
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Can we see her please? It’s been months since the 2 characters where announced and we are just reading about Rey, do we have to wait longer to see her in action?
  • No jedi tag !!
  • I'm speechless...hello new meta!
  • u wot m8
  • How in the heck do you have a characters journey that ends with them proclaiming this statement and NOT have a Jedi tag??!!!!

The last incarnation of this character in the game was Jedi Training Rey!!

• newershadow
    90 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

FINAL TEXT: (ULTIMATE) Until the end of Rey's next turn, she enters a defensive stance and damage Light Side allies receive is reduced to 1. While in this stance, Rey can't act, has 30% less Speed, is immune to all detrimental effects, and can't be defeated. Upon activating this ability again, she deals true damage (ignores defense, but can't critically hit) to the enemy team split among them and all Ultimate Charge is consumed. This attack can't be countered or evaded.

What does “Split among them” mean? Is it just (100%/{numEnemies}) true damage dealt to each?

Edit:
    Rey’s Ultimate, Heir to the Jedi, deals damage in a unique way - The total damage dealt is fixed but it can be split among any number of targets which makes the ability not only a strong area effect attack but also great against a single target. Combined with the damage reduction her Ultimate ability also provides, it can be useful in most situations but still maintains an interesting choice: do you wait to hit one hit target really hard or should you prevent the most damage by using it while the enemy still has a full squad.
    Looks like it is.
  • Hmm, I might start teaching classes on understanding galactic legend kits. DM me for signups.
  • Well, her kit makes GAS look like CUP and seems to be written by some amateur fankit writer at midnight to parody whatever broken kit CG made
  • Can't wait to see the ridiculous kit needed after this to replace the Rey/Kylo meta
  • Jefferx wrote: »
    No jedi tag !!

She has the audacity to call herself a "jedi" but the devs don't even give her the tag
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    not only is she a jedi but she’s ALL jedi?!! except in swgoh cause Jedi Revan is so broken i’m sure it would ruin the game forever. smh
  • Whenever an enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, Inspired Light Side allies gain 5% Mastery (stacking) until the end of the encounter

How does that work with something like Rex's special granting tm to the whole 501st? Does that count as one instance of an enemy gaining bonus tm or is it 5 instances so inspired allies gain 25% bonus mastery in one hit?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Singlehandedly brought an end to the DR meta.

Rip GS too
  • No Jedi tag on The Last Jedi?
  • CUFCfan wrote: »
    Whenever an enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, Inspired Light Side allies gain 5% Mastery (stacking) until the end of the encounter

How does that work with something like Rex's special granting tm to the whole 501st? Does that count as one instance of an enemy gaining bonus tm or is it 5 instances so inspired allies gain 25% bonus mastery in one hit?

At a guess, 25% as it's 5 enemies gaining TM.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Drexb wrote: »
    No Jedi tag on The Last Jedi?

That'd probably make the Jedi faction way too powerful and they seem to want her to fit into a Resistance squad. Also, this may be the Rey before the end of the movie before she becomes a Skywalker/Jedi.
  • In all honesty, the kit is so complicated and overwhelming that it’s basically impossible to know how good she is. Obviously she is extremely good and an elite character, but to what degree we won’t really know for a while.
  • In all honesty, the kit is so complicated and overwhelming that it’s basically impossible to know how good she is. Obviously she is extremely good and an elite character, but to what degree we won’t really know for a while.

I preferred Kits like FOX 😂
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Is there any sort of indicator or something that lets players know how effective the mastery is? +40% mastery and then stacking mastery is hard to keep track of

Like, I can't tell how much Evasion boost is that or so
  • "Unlocked with purchase"!
  • This is a joke right? I thought you learned your lesson after JKR? What happened to the simpler kits crap you fed us with General Hux's design inspirations?
  • ZaneMorell
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    6 zetas? And how is she not a Jedi?

I preferred Kits like FOX 😂

I definitely agree

Except for the fact that long Kit’s make testing a nightmare and then I find oversights and break parts of the game 😂
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Also No Jedi tag so there goes that plan of having her help out with Jedi Combat Missions in LS TB
  • At least we can be comforted in the fact that these GL toons have been playtested thoroughly with every conceivable squad in every game mode. /s

In reality I can't wait for the community to find a way to kill Rey off within 2 turns and for the devs to then 'patch' whatever wasn't 'WAI'
  • Seriously what did I miss in the movies that makes her not a Jedi, especially by the very end of episode 9.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    omg you guys, it looks like the hardest char to get ever is OP!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you