Prev1345
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 2020
jar6272ykv7i.jpg

UNIT NAME: Supreme Leader Kylo Ren
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, First Order, Galactic Legend
Destructive Leader of the First Order who overpowers his enemies with brutal attacks

[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]

ABILITIES:

Basic: BRUTAL ASSAULT

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns on target enemy and deal Physical damage to them twice. If the target was Stunned, deal damage again and gain Advantage for 2 turns. If it's Kylo's turn, he gains 10 Siphon until the end of the encounter.

Siphon: This unit will gain 1% of a stat per stack and the target will lose the amount gained

Special 1: STASIS STRIKE (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all buffs on all enemies and Stun target enemy for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. Then, deal Physical damage to target enemy and Kylo gains 20 Siphon until the end of the encounter. On a critical hit, Kylo gains 40 Siphon instead. This attack can't be evaded.

Special 2: FURIOUS ONSLAUGHT (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to all enemies. Kylo Siphons Mastery from target enemy, doubled if they were Stunned, which can't be resisted. Then, dispel all debuffs on all Dark Side allies and grant them Advantage for 2 turns.

Siphon Mastery: Gain a percentage of Mastery equal to this unit's Siphon until the end of the encounter and the target loses that much Mastery (stacking, excludes raid bosses and Galactic Legends)

Leader: SUPREME LEADER

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dark Side allies have +40% Mastery and +50% Critical Damage.

Whenever a Dark Side ally loses Advantage without scoring a critical hit, they gain Advantage for 1 turn at the end of the turn.

Whenever a Dark Side ally gains Advantage, if they didn't already have it, they gain a bonus based on their role:
  • Tanks Taunt for 2 turns
  • Attackers gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns
  • Supports and Healers gain 20% Turn Meter

Unique 1: PRESS THE ADVANTAGE

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is immune to Stagger and can't gain taunt effects, and enemies defeated during his turn can't be revived.

Whenever a Dark Side ally loses Turn Meter, they gain 10% of their current Max Health and Max Protection (stacking).

Whenever a Dark Side ally gains bonus Turn Meter, they lose 10% of their current Max Health and Max Protection (stacking).

Unique 2: GALACTIC LEGEND

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) This unit takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects. They take massive damage from destroy effects (excludes raid bosses) and are immune to stun effects.

This unit has +10% Max Health and Max Protection per Relic Amplifier level, and damage they receive is decreased by 30%.

Ultimate: DEPTHS OF RAGE (Requires at least 60% Ultimate Charge to activate)
Unlocked with purchase (10 Ultimate Ability Materials) after meeting requirement of Relic Amplifier level 1
Ultimate Charge: Supreme Leader Kylo Ren gains 2% Ultimate Charge whenever a Dark Side ally deals Physical or Special damage to an enemy, increased to 5% on a critical hit.

FINAL TEXT: (ULTIMATE) Supreme Leader Kylo Ren dispels all debuffs on himself, enters an aggressive stance, and deals Physical damage to all enemies, which can't be evaded. While in this stance, Kylo is immune to damage and detrimental effects, he can't be defeated, his Siphon is doubled, and his abilities have no cooldowns.
  • 60% Ultimate Charge: Aggressive stance lasts for 1 turn
  • 85% Ultimate Charge: Aggressive stance lasts for 2 turns
  • 100% Ultimate Charge: Aggressive stance lasts for 3 turns
Supreme Leader Kylo Ren can't use this ability if he is already in an aggressive stance

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Compared to Rey: Meh

He's stun reliant and there are too many anti-stuns in today's characters. There's also the factor of AI targeting non-stunned targets

He has cooldowns, and his lead is pretty boring compared to Rey's

I hope he can compete against her tho since I am going for Kylo

Kylo being advertised as an ultra aggro character but Rey does Massive Damage x3 :thinking:

Siphoning is badass tho
  • Can someone explain how siphon works? "A stat" really isn't that descriptive, CG
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Are raid bosses immune to siphoning?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Can't lie, unless Siphon is way better than I think it is, this seems pretty underwhelming compared to Rey.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Unique 1: PRESS THE ADVANTAGEWhenever a Dark Side ally loses Turn Meter, they gain 10% of their current Max Health and Max Protection (stacking).

Whenever a Dark Side ally gains bonus Turn Meter, they lose 10% of their current Max Health and Max Protection (stacking).
    this drawback feels unnecessary tbh
  • Ultra wrote: »

He's stun reliant and there are too many anti-stuns in today's characters. There's also the factor of AI targeting non-stunned targets

Kylo being advertised as an ultra aggro character but Rey does Massive Damage x3 :thinking:

Siphoning is badass tho

The fact that Rey can deal 300k damage on her first turn is a testament as to how ridiculous things have gotten.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    So can Hux be un-nerfed because its hard to use him with SLKR and any other dark side toon
  • This Kylo is pretty **** loveable and nice, but so many things need explaining.

As it was mentioed, Siphon needs elaboration because so far "a stat" feels like he just steals a random stat. Does he run it down like a list? First he steals health, then protection, then speed, then offense, then tenacity, then offense, then potency, then armor and so on and when he is done with the list he starts anew? Or is it just purely random? Or does he steal a specific stat?

This needs more elaboration.
    Unique 1: PRESS THE ADVANTAGEWhenever a Dark Side ally loses Turn Meter, they gain 10% of their current Max Health and Max Protection (stacking).

this drawback feels unnecessary tbh

Exactly what I was thinking, especially when there's no such drawback in Rey's kit. That's all positive and she can lead any lightside ally without any ill effect, but under Kylo any darkside toon who gains tm for whatever reason is now really hindered?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Chiss5618 wrote: »
    Can someone explain how siphon works? "A stat" really isn't that descriptive, CG

Speculation, it's based on the target's mastery when siphoned. If the target is a Tactics Attacker, their relic mastery boosts Crit Chance, Accuracy and Damage, so those are the stats GL Kylo will syphon.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Siphoning is badass tho

The fact that Rey can deal 300k damage on her first turn is a testament as to how ridiculous things have gotten.

Good luck dropping anyone on GL Rey's team to below 60% Health before she takes her first turn.
  • Whoopee. Can't beat GLRey. Shocker.
  • I don't mind Kylo's kit tbh, it seems like a reasonable kit. Rey's just feels like depression.
  • Chiss5618 wrote: »
    Can someone explain how siphon works? "A stat" really isn't that descriptive, CG

There is a more detailed explanation in the Developer Insights post Siphon doesn't do anything on its own but it represents the percentage of stats stolen when used in conjunction with other abilities. An ability that uses Siphon will specify which stat it will steal from an enemy unit. In the case of Kylo’s Special 2, Furious Onslaught, its' Siphon Mastery and Kylo steals Mastery based on how many stacks of Siphon he has. You will want to use Kylo’s Basic and Special 1 to gain stacks of Siphon and then use Special 2 to steal Mastery based on the number of those Siphon stacks.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb you mention right in the kit that you can choose when to use the ultimate ability, and based on that it’s a significant advantage if you can hold on to use it when fully charged... how is this toon designed to be used on Def??? Immediate use or full charge?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I don't mind Kylo's kit tbh, it seems like a reasonable kit. Rey's just feels like depression.
    Its a bit underwhelming. I would've liked him to be as strong as Rey, or as close to it

In GAC, it looks like you can send in Thrawn, Fracture Kylo, take out the rest of the team, try again with a second team and win? I'm sure its not going to be so easy but I can definitely see some people theorycrafting teams to beat this one in 2 or more attempts

Kylo feels like an Epic Confrontation and Rey feels like a Galactic Legend. First Order toons are slow compared to Resistance and TM manipulation hurts them further
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

Siphoning is badass tho

Good luck dropping anyone on GL Rey's team to below 60% Health before she takes her first turn.

You need to reread the ability. She can use it once free of charge, but then the 2nd+ times requires that an ally falls below 60% health.
    I don't mind Kylo's kit tbh, it seems like a reasonable kit. Rey's just feels like depression.

It feels like we can theorycraft a bit against Kylo. Rey's kit just seems like someone has the biggest crush on her character and wants to make her unbeatable. Maybe it'll be different when we see some footage, but I'm not holding my breath
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Siphoning is badass tho

You need to reread the ability. She can use it once free of charge, but then the 2nd+ times requires that an ally falls below 60% health.

Apologies, good catch.
  • So which GL has better kit ? rey or kylo ?
  • So this bit ... FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all buffs on all enemies and Stun target enemy for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. Will sith empire still resist it ? And will GL Rey resist it.

Always lame when characters resist the irresistible.
  • Rey is better
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Ok i chose wrong. I guess i ll continue to farm my GL Kylo it s too late now to switch. I have already 5 of the required toons to G13
  • Tezza23 wrote: »
    So this bit ... FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all buffs on all enemies and Stun target enemy for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. Will sith empire still resist it ? And will GL Rey resist it.

Always lame when characters resist the irresistible.

Immunity trumps cannot be resisted, so GL Rey, and Guarded allies shouldn't be stunned.

Sith Empire are different. They can be stunned when Darth Revan is there, but its then immediately dispelled and converted to Ferocity. Since this Stun cannot be dispelled they should stay stunned.
  • Punishing any DS toons that get bonus TM seems harsh when it looks like Rey works perfectly well with any LS toon whatsoever. Sure non-Resistance toons might benefit less under Rey, but they're not actively punished.

The combo of
    LEAD: Whenever a Dark Side ally gains Advantage, if they didn't already have it, they gain a bonus based on their role: Supports and Healers gain 20% Turn Meter
    and
    Whenever a Dark Side ally gains bonus Turn Meter, they lose 10% of their current Max Health and Max Protection (stacking)
    seems a bit mean to all Supports and Healers....

Especially when FO in general is so TM-train dependent sometimes.

And question: does that bonus TM punishment also apply to Kylo himself if someone gives him TM (like FOO)?

Siphoning is badass tho

I think we both go from wrong path... :(
  • Wow, Kylo is way worst than Rey.
    A fast Thrawn will destroy this team just fracturing Kylo.
  • The negative part that affects TM doesn’t count to bonus turns aka Hux and Sith Trooper.

Those are bonus turns and not TM gain.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    6 zetas.... whoa