Rey and Ren - Is there a point to playing this game anymore?

Prev1345
I'm not quitting the game, but I am serious that their kits are so over the top it is depressing. I mean, assuming I every get one of these characters, it will take a year or two. In the meantime, anyone who get's these two essentially automatically win any arena, GAC, raid, etc. I'm really unhappy and annoyed about these seriously OP characters. :(:( It does make me ask, why keep playing, and why spend any more money on this game. :(

Replies

• Spend so you can have one yourself
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    This is the same question people asked when:

Jedi Knight Revan was released
    Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released
    General Skywalker was released

Yet here we are

CG has done a good job of forming the meta, I'm sure it'll be fine. GAS was overwhelmingly powerful during kit reveal, and he's still a strong toon, but he has several counters (DR, Padme, Rebels etc) and not as bad as we initially thought

Players will find a way to survive
  • If they are not OP, why would anyone relic a dozen toons just to get 1?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Remember when they said they wanted a few teams to form a "rock, paper, scissors" meta?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
  • Personally I'm a star wars junkie and I gotta get my fix......so yeah I'll be sticking around. That and I'm fairly confident in my ability to get one of these new toons and I want to see what they're capable of.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    I'm not quitting the game, but I am serious that their kits are so over the top it is depressing. I mean, assuming I every get one of these characters, it will take a year or two. In the meantime, anyone who get's these two essentially automatically win any arena, GAC, raid, etc. I'm really unhappy and annoyed about these seriously OP characters. :(:( It does make me ask, why keep playing, and why spend any more money on this game. :(

It makes me ask - did you not expect this?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    game's dying! any year now!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

CG has done a good job of forming the meta, I'm sure it'll be fine. GAS was overwhelmingly powerful during kit reveal, and he's still a strong toon, but he has several counters (DR, Padme, Rebels etc) and not as bad as we initially thought

I remember it all the way back to when Chase was released.
  • I will probably get 1 GL but what is the point to have both ?
    I believe with only 1 it will be enough to climb in arena
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Obiwantuan wrote: »
    If they are not OP, why would anyone relic a dozen toons just to get 1?

Because I like Resistance :)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Y’all said this during Revan & Revan too
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nerf Rey! Oh wait...
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Remember when they said they wanted a few teams to form a "rock, paper, scissors" meta?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

And they had that for like 3 months. They never stated their intention was to keep the meta that way indefinitely. The worst part is, no matter what they release one of these 2 characters will be part of your squad arena until the next GL release
  • @NicWester

I do too and still did not farm Rose till GL Rey was announced! LOL
  • R7 GAS doesnt have a counter, theres even videoams where underleveled and 5* gass can wipe out relic squads with defense mods
  • @Anarkid Offense is always easier than defence, though.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    They were announced three months ago. If you started hoarding then, you can't be far away from getting your first one.
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    R7 GAS doesnt have a counter, theres even videoams where underleveled and 5* gass can wipe out relic squads with defense mods

Lol

Try padme, malak and even cls xD

I never felt as far as I am currently doing during this boring cheesy meta

I hope GL will be more reliable
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I will probably get 1 GL but what is the point to have both ?
    I believe with only 1 it will be enough to climb in arena

Did you know there's more in the game than arena?

A whole ocean of new content is waiting for you!
  • Nah dude. In my division and relative GP, if someone invested this heavily into GL, that's their one trump card and their counters might not be the best for other metas. It's just one team on their GAC roster. If they save that team for defense and block off one path, I'll just clear the other and place one of my Meta teams to block another path and I should have a pretty good chance of them stalling there as well. If they save for offense, well, again it's just one team that they have for a clear. They might still have issues clearing the rest.

GAC in my opinion won't be affected much, only the area. And, honestly, arena has always been a whale's game and the least interesting aspect for me.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Exletion wrote: »
    And, honestly, arena has always been a whale's game

Anecdotal.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Will the AI GLs target Fives or another 501st? If 5s sacrifices, GS is tough to lose with.

Are you just wondering aloud?
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    TVF wrote: »

Anecdotal.

Nah, objective in the reasoning why I said it. Gaining the new meta on day 1 gives whales the highest probability advantage of being number one in arena the most, hence why arena tends to be one of the most whale friendly modes in the game.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Anecdotal.

Nah, objective in the reasoning why I said it. Gaining the new meta on day 1 gives whales the highest probability advantage of being number one in arena the most, hence why arena tends to be one of the most whale friendly modes in the game.

I never said whales don't have the advantage. How much of an advantage is shard dependent, and also the number of whales is highly variable. Therefore, anecdotal.
  • ThePenguin77
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Ultra wrote: »

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

The thing is: Requirements are out of this world. It will take seriously about 2 years to get. Of course over those 2 years meta will change at least twice. So is there a point in playing? I have all the meta teams except gas, I will have all things needed soon. But this will take about half a year and I already had many of these characters. I have only 7 characters with relic in total. This gl alone requires 12 characters on relics. And I don't have many of them geared or even unlocked.