Kit Reveal: Supreme Leader Kylo Ren

Replies

• Holy **** why in the absolute hell does Kylo seem so weak compared to Rey? And he hurts his team when they gain advantage? They're literally all about gaining advantage!!! This makes no sense, and they lose 10% health when they gain TM, but gain 10% health when they lose TM, this should literally be reversed, the FO is so heavy on not only advantage but also gaining TM. You're finally giving us a meta FO character but you're making the rest of the team useless. What the hell CG.
  • This sounds more like it’s all about keep Kylo alive for his ultimate because if he gets it off you cannot beat him. So for those that are nervous about Kylo I don’t think he is a bad choice. Rey has a better leadership but Kylo on his own is nasty.
  • It's pretty simple guys Rey requires characters less people have and want to gear up therefore she's gonna be the one only the krakens can "reasonably" get and thus the better character.
  • Sounds like GAs 2.0 send in a semi decent team to take out ally’s then just mop up with whatever you got lying about .
  • I really hope that they change their minds about punishing DS toons from gaining tm. I guess it's to prevent feeding GLkylo tm to his ultimate but in comparison to Rey it's a huge difference in ability. Had hoped for something at least a little balanced as they're the twin introduction to gl and should be balanced. But maybe I'm missing something?
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »

The fact that Rey can deal 300k damage on her first turn is a testament as to how ridiculous things have gotten.

Good luck dropping anyone on GL Rey's team to below 60% Health before she takes her first turn.

You need to reread the ability. She can use it once free of charge, but then the 2nd+ times requires that an ally falls below 60% health.

They clarified on Rey's page, she can't use it until an ally is dropped below 60% health. So if she goes first, she can't use that ability.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Sad they have such a bias towards Rey. Kylo Ren in Episode 9 was better than Rey and we get this? 🤦🏼
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • And seeing as Rey has 30 + speed she will be killing kylo way way before he can get his ultimate I take it .
  • Wow
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Would love to get an explanation as to why they made his kit this way.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I'm absolutely satisfied with his kit and feel he will be the more OP out of the two. Pry not quite as good on defense, but a malevolence on offense. Definitely made my mind up on which way I'm going. Time to drop dem relics
  • The Health reduction on tm gain is pretty **** stupid and I daresay borderline **** to add. Lemme tell you why:

Yall say you want to make this Kylo based on his Episode 9 appearance. Kylo didn't punish the first order for succeeding. He punished failing. For allies to lose health and prot if they gain TM is a GROSS contradiction to what you intended to do.

This limit to TM gain is just there because yall needed SOME way to make FO less good than resistance because yall can't ever actually have FO beat resistance. This is pretty stupid. This is a nerf just for the sake of having nerfs, it contradicts his theme, it absolutely cripples his synergy with FO because 6/10 FO toons have one way of Tm gain or another. This is super depressing after giving it some thought. I sure hope you are gonna rethink releasing this nerf because yall can't claim he synergises with FO but have his kit literally punish you for using the FO's strongest mechanic, being a TM train.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Compared to Rey: Meh

He's stun reliant and there are too many anti-stuns in today's characters. There's also the factor of AI targeting non-stunned targets

He has cooldowns, and his lead is pretty boring compared to Rey's

I hope he can compete against her tho since I am going for Kylo

Kylo being advertised as an ultra aggro character but Rey does Massive Damage x3 :thinking:

Siphoning is badass tho

The fact that Rey can deal 300k damage on her first turn is a testament as to how ridiculous things have gotten.

Good luck dropping anyone on GL Rey's team to below 60% Health before she takes her first turn.

You need to reread the ability. She can use it once free of charge, but then the 2nd+ times requires that an ally falls below 60% health.

Apologies, good catch.

All good. You need like 3 diplomas to get all the nuances in these ridiculous kits.
  • So the part where you take 10% max health and max protection from dark side allies any time they gain bonus turn meter, did you not want us to use him with any First Order allies? Because most of them have a lot of turn meter gain.

That and Hux and Phasma also gain turn meter from his lead when then gain advantage! Why don't you want us to use him with Hux or Phasma?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    So the part where you take 10% max health and max protection from dark side allies any time they gain bonus turn meter, did you not want us to use him with any First Order allies? Because most of them have a lot of turn meter gain.

That and Hux and Phasma also gain turn meter from his lead when then gain advantage! Why don't you want us to use him with Hux or Phasma?
    In the developer insights they mention that yeah, hux will really suffer from this. They also talk about bringing FOST and KRU because SLKR lacks survivability (yikes!) but when FOST taunts, he gives 10% bonus turn meter to all allies so that will reduce everyone's max health and protection by 10%
  • So the part where you take 10% max health and max protection from dark side allies any time they gain bonus turn meter, did you not want us to use him with any First Order allies? Because most of them have a lot of turn meter gain.

Feels like they didn’t want a KRU lead. Because otherwise I think a KRU lead is better.
  • Falco3
    60 posts Member
    Feels like they didn’t want a KRU lead. Because otherwise I think a KRU lead is better. [/quote]

Yeah my guess is they tested him under kru lead and he steam rolled GL rey because of all the advantage and tm gain. I wonder how he'd work under revan next to malak.

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Special 2: FURIOUS ONSLAUGHT (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to all enemies. Kylo Siphons Mastery from target enemy, doubled if they were Stunned, which can't be resisted. Then, dispel all debuffs on all Dark Side allies and grant them Advantage for 2 turns.

Siphon Mastery: Gain a percentage of Mastery equal to this unit's Siphon until the end of the encounter and the target loses that much Mastery (stacking, excludes raid bosses and Galactic Legends)
    So what happens if Kylo uses Furious Onslaught on a Galactic Legend or Raid Boss? Will he gain % of mastery equal to his Siphon? Or he won't because Raid Bosses and GL cannot lose mastery and that is a necessary condition to increase his own mastery through this attack?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Special 2: FURIOUS ONSLAUGHT (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to all enemies. Kylo Siphons Mastery from target enemy, doubled if they were Stunned, which can't be resisted. Then, dispel all debuffs on all Dark Side allies and grant them Advantage for 2 turns.

Siphon Mastery: Gain a percentage of Mastery equal to this unit's Siphon until the end of the encounter and the target loses that much Mastery (stacking, excludes raid bosses and Galactic Legends)
    So what happens if Kylo uses Furious Onslaught on a Galactic Legend or Raid Boss? Will he gain % of mastery equal to his Siphon? Or he won't because Raid Bosses and GL cannot lose mastery and that is a necessary condition to increase his own mastery through this attack?

He gains mastery level. His gain is based on his current mastery level at the time of the Ability use. Other GL and Bosses don't get their stats reduced, but his increase none the less.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    So... Does a Bonus turn affect Kylo's passive? A Bonus turn is no tm Manipulation...
  • mesa176750 wrote: »

He's stun reliant and there are too many anti-stuns in today's characters. There's also the factor of AI targeting non-stunned targets

Kylo being advertised as an ultra aggro character but Rey does Massive Damage x3 :thinking:

Siphoning is badass tho

Rey can only do 300k damage on her first turn if an ally fell below 60% health
  • Please
    Change turn meter punishment :(
    Consider that some people are farming SKR because we like FO's mechanics in game
    It does no make sense to nerf that
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Unique 1: PRESS THE ADVANTAGEWhenever a Dark Side ally loses Turn Meter, they gain 10% of their current Max Health and Max Protection (stacking).

Whenever a Dark Side ally gains bonus Turn Meter, they lose 10% of their current Max Health and Max Protection (stacking).
    this drawback feels unnecessary tbh

Ye i don't get why is that,is not like he is that OP comparing to Rey and i'm going for him,the synergy with Hux will kill hux since he has TM gain on his baisic...and comparing this leader ability with Rey i feel this will put you so much behind...not to say that if they have a GK you can't crit much and a lot of things go to the toilet fast for him....i can see him as a Gas type of character not a GL toon.(so far)
  • Lewitunes wrote: »

Siphoning is badass tho

Rey can only do 300k damage on her first turn if an ally fell below 60% health

Her kit reveal has had the text updated. An ally needs to fall below 60% health for her to be able to use the ability for the first time too.
  • It seems interesting, but I don’t understand the whole losing 10% Max health and protection if you gain any bonus turn meter, and gain 10% Max health and protection when they lose turn meter.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Sad they have such a bias towards Rey. Kylo Ren in Episode 9 was better than Rey and we get this? 🤦🏼

They don't take random posters' opinions about the movie into consideration when making kits.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I like his kit a lot! Yes Hux will take some damage from gaining TM, but his benefits to the team far outweigh his losing hp & protection. Hux causes a FO ally to reset cooldowns......that is huge! He can make SL Kylo reset his special moves CD. That can be a huge deal that i think people are ignoring. Also, all the Kylo's take reduced damage from Health percentage effects, meaning that they will never lose hardly any HP when they gain TM, so if you had 3 Kylos on the squad, 3/5 are immune to losing HP from that effect. Speaking of Kylo's:
    -SL Kylo starts with a lot more extra protection based on Relic levels. Yes he'll lose protection, but he starts off with more anyways, so its not as huge a deal.
    -KRU gains more protection also to start the battle due to his kit being a Strength Tank and getting the bonus 40% stat mastery granting more protection,
    -Original Kylo recovers Protection based on damage dealt when he uses Outrage, which when he takes dmg from both DOT's,lose of HP and Protection will power him up to deal more damage (15% stacking offense). He's losing very little from the HP effects. Protection will be depleting but also recovering at the same time, so its not as bad as you might think.
  • I'm wondering why they make it clear that this KR is immune to stagger.

I don't think anyone can get staggered in any game modes, apart from the bosses in the raids? Or am I missing something?