Kit Reveal: Supreme Leader Kylo Ren

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I'm wondering why they make it clear that this KR is immune to stagger.

I don't think anyone can get staggered in any game modes, apart from the bosses in the raids? Or am I missing something?

Plenty of kits include stagger.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Compared to Rey: Meh

He's stun reliant and there are too many anti-stuns in today's characters. There's also the factor of AI targeting non-stunned targets

He has cooldowns, and his lead is pretty boring compared to Rey's

I hope he can compete against her tho since I am going for Kylo

Kylo being advertised as an ultra aggro character but Rey does Massive Damage x3 :thinking:

Siphoning is badass tho

The fact that Rey can deal 300k damage on her first turn is a testament as to how ridiculous things have gotten.

Good luck dropping anyone on GL Rey's team to below 60% Health before she takes her first turn.

If you have han solo and chewie both with relic 3 or higher, it can be easy to drop someone below 60% health. Since chewie's kit allows him to assist han and han always goes first, if you attack the weakest character, it could be possible to drop that character below 60% health. Then rey would be able to use her whirlwind almost immediately.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    obikenobi1 wrote: »
    I like his kit a lot! Yes Hux will take some damage from gaining TM, but his benefits to the team far outweigh his losing hp & protection. Hux causes a FO ally to reset cooldowns......that is huge! He can make SL Kylo reset his special moves CD. That can be a huge deal that i think people are ignoring. Also, all the Kylo's take reduced damage from Health percentage effects, meaning that they will never lose hardly any HP when they gain TM, so if you had 3 Kylos on the squad, 3/5 are immune to losing HP from that effect. Speaking of Kylo's:
    -SL Kylo starts with a lot more extra protection based on Relic levels. Yes he'll lose protection, but he starts off with more anyways, so its not as huge a deal.
    -KRU gains more protection also to start the battle due to his kit being a Strength Tank and getting the bonus 40% stat mastery granting more protection,
    -Original Kylo recovers Protection based on damage dealt when he uses Outrage, which when he takes dmg from both DOT's,lose of HP and Protection will power him up to deal more damage (15% stacking offense). He's losing very little from the HP effects. Protection will be depleting but also recovering at the same time, so its not as bad as you might think.
    The three Kylo are not immune to Press the Advantage’s detrimental effects

Reduced damage from % health effects is different than what Kylo is doing here

There is a reason why you can’t taunt GL Kylo by marking or whatever because he takes time to ramp up. I am curious if Siphon also increases his speed by a 1% for each stack. If so, you can have him at +40% speed at the start of battle after Hux passes his turn to Kylo
  • I've been theory crafting with his kit and I think I know a way to get SL Kylo 100% charge for his ultimate the quickest. Put him in a Geonosian Brood Alpha team. Each time the Geo's take a turn, they all assist, and that is 5 attacks each giving Kylo 2% at the very least or 5% if they crit. If all 5 geo's crit, that is 25% charge right there. All the GBA has an aoe where he also removes TM AND calls all allies to assist because of Hive Mind, so that would do at the least 18% charge or at most 45% charge. You could do Kylo Lead with all the Geo's as backup and the Geo's would gain more stats based on Mastery making them potentially tankier than they'd be under GBA lead which gives them +15k HP and protection. Just theory crafting here, but this seems to me to be the quickest way to get Kylo to 100% charge so he can go super saiyan and demolish stuff with his aggressive stance
  • obikenobi1
    113 posts Member
    edited March 2020

if they take damage from the effect i think it would trigger the reduced damage, however if they just lose max hp and protection stat without actually losing any hp but just overall hp/prot, then that wouldn't trigger it. definetly something i'd like to see clarified by the dev's.
  • Is there a difference between a character gaining x% turn meter,. And a character gaining 'bonus' turn meter?

Kylo's unique triggers when allies lose turn meter, and when allies gain 'bonus' turn meter.... Kylo's leadership gives allies turn meter (not 'bonus' turn meter).

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020

why wouldn't they be immune from the 10% hp loss when it states they take damage equal to 10% max HP?
    They aren’t taking damage. They are losing max Health/Protection

Assume the following:

Kylo Ren has 1000 Current Health and 1000 Max Health

Phasma does her Victory March giving Kylo 50% TM

Kylo now has 900 current health and 900 Max Health. His max health is being reduced. He can’t heal the health loss.
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    I'm wondering why they make it clear that this KR is immune to stagger.

I don't think anyone can get staggered in any game modes, apart from the bosses in the raids? Or am I missing something?

Raid bosses gets proned.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Is there a difference between a character gaining x% turn meter,. And a character gaining 'bonus' turn meter?

Kylo's unique triggers when allies lose turn meter, and when allies gain 'bonus' turn meter.... Kylo's leadership gives allies turn meter (not 'bonus' turn meter).

Bonus TM is the same as additional TM. Question is... Does a bonus turn count as bonus TM?
  • Akenno wrote: »

Bonus TM is the same as additional TM. Question is... Does a bonus turn count as bonus TM?

It does not. Effects which prevent TM gain don't stop bonus turns.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I've been theory crafting with his kit and I think I know a way to get SL Kylo 100% charge for his ultimate the quickest. Put him in a Geonosian Brood Alpha team. Each time the Geo's take a turn, they all assist, and that is 5 attacks each giving Kylo 2% at the very least or 5% if they crit. If all 5 geo's crit, that is 25% charge right there. All the GBA has an aoe where he also removes TM AND calls all allies to assist because of Hive Mind, so that would do at the least 18% charge or at most 45% charge. You could do Kylo Lead with all the Geo's as backup and the Geo's would gain more stats based on Mastery making them potentially tankier than they'd be under GBA lead which gives them +15k HP and protection. Just theory crafting here, but this seems to me to be the quickest way to get Kylo to 100% charge so he can go super saiyan and demolish stuff with his aggressive stance

"After internal review we've discovered an unintended interaction between Supreme Leader Kylo Ren and the Geonosians' Hive Mind. We've updated Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's ability "Ultimate: DEPTHS OF RAGE" as follows:
    "Ultimate Charge: Supreme Leader Kylo Ren gains 2% Ultimate Charge whenever a First Order or Sith ally deals Physical or Special damage to an enemy, increased to 5% on a critical hit."
    Thanks for beta testing and see you on the holotables!"
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I've been theory crafting with his kit and I think I know a way to get SL Kylo 100% charge for his ultimate the quickest. Put him in a Geonosian Brood Alpha team. Each time the Geo's take a turn, they all assist, and that is 5 attacks each giving Kylo 2% at the very least or 5% if they crit. If all 5 geo's crit, that is 25% charge right there. All the GBA has an aoe where he also removes TM AND calls all allies to assist because of Hive Mind, so that would do at the least 18% charge or at most 45% charge. You could do Kylo Lead with all the Geo's as backup and the Geo's would gain more stats based on Mastery making them potentially tankier than they'd be under GBA lead which gives them +15k HP and protection. Just theory crafting here, but this seems to me to be the quickest way to get Kylo to 100% charge so he can go super saiyan and demolish stuff with his aggressive stance

"After internal review we've discovered an unintended interaction between Supreme Leader Kylo Ren and the Geonosians' Hive Mind. We've updated Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's ability "Ultimate: DEPTHS OF RAGE" as follows:
    "Ultimate Charge: Supreme Leader Kylo Ren gains 2% Ultimate Charge whenever a First Order or Sith ally deals Physical or Special damage to an enemy, increased to 5% on a critical hit."

I hope not haha. If so Rey need to be nerfed aswell.
  • Akenno wrote: »
    Is there a difference between a character gaining x% turn meter,. And a character gaining 'bonus' turn meter?

No, a character gaining a bonus turn is not the same as as character gaining 100% tm. Because if two characters are at the 100%tm at the end of a turn, the character that got to 100%tm via a bonus turn will always act first.

Where exactly do you find that bonus TM is exactly the same as TM? I looked over the first 10 chars in SWGOH (turn meter gain) listing... Not one of there kits have the word "BONUS" in them. CG has been consistent up to now we have had bonus turns... and %tm gain... But GL Kylo is the first reference to % "BONUS" turn meter.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »

No, a character gaining a bonus turn is not the same as as character gaining 100% tm. Because if two characters are at the 100%tm at the end of a turn, the character that got to 100%tm via a bonus turn will always act first.

Where exactly do you find that bonus TM is exactly the same as TM? I looked over the first 10 chars in SWGOH (turn meter gain) listing... Not one of there kits have the word "BONUS" in them. CG has been consistent up to now we have had bonus turns... and %tm gain... But GL Kylo is the first reference to % "BONUS" turn meter.
    Take a look at Padme's unique.
  • obikenobi1 wrote: »

So they are giving us the supreme lider of FO to use him with geonosians 🤣🤣
  • I already have a team in mind that I want to try with this character.
  • There is a lot of TM gain in that Bug lineup so the Genos will fall appart really fast. Especially Spy and Soldier.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

It **** me off how likely this will happen because gods forbid Kylo is at any point stronger than rey.
  • GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    There is a lot of TM gain in that Bug lineup so the Genos will fall appart really fast. Especially Spy and Soldier.

Once you get Kylo's ultimate off, I don't think the Geos will matter too much. His mastery will be so high from the massive amounts of siphon that he'll be able to destroy most teams with that alone.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Sad they have such a bias towards Rey. Kylo Ren in Episode 9 was better than Rey and we get this? 🤦🏼
    Sad they have such a bias towards Rey. Kylo Ren in Episode 9 was better than Rey and we get this? 🤦🏼

So did you skip the part of the movie where she beat him down, stabbed him and then saved his life by healing him?

Yes his character had more depth and Adam Driver is a much better actor which creates a better connection. But the story was always written as Rey being more powerful than Kylo. Palpatine>Skywalker.
  • Monel wrote: »

So did you skip the part of the movie where she beat him down, stabbed him and then saved his life by healing him?

Yes his character had more depth and Adam Driver is a much better actor which creates a better connection. But the story was always written as Rey being more powerful than Kylo. Palpatine>Skywalker.

Watch the movie again. She never beats him down.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

Lol, okie dokie.
  • Monel wrote: »

Actually she does. Their fight on the death star wreck ends with Rey's complete victory.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    MemeMaster wrote: »

Actually she does. Their fight on the death star wreck ends with Rey's complete victory.

Maybe he pulled a Ben Kenobi, without disclosure... “strike me down and I’ll become more powerful then you can imagine”

However thinking about that now, other than mentioning to Luke to “let go” he really did nothing of significance.... maybe just a Jedi kind trick hoping vader would listen???
  • Compared to Rey is Supreme Leader Kylo Ren a little bit weak.
    He is stunning reliant and there are too many anti-stuns in many characters today. There's also the factor of AI targeting non-stunned targets in this game.
    Supreme Leader Kylo Ren has cooldowns (3) and GL Rey just has 0 cooldowns for her abilties. In comparison to GL Rey his leadership is pretty boring.
    In IX is Rey a GL for sure and the granddaughter of Emperor Sheev Palpatine. I think SWGoH wants to welcome that in fact GL Rey is the GL and the Chosen One for her era meanwhile GL Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is very ridiculous for IX. He's the grandson of Darth Vader but he's not the best like the Chosen One Anakin Skywalker (Light Side).

In fact I could say that the mighty people are the Chosen One for the Light Side while the Dark Side just really have the only one Chosen One: The Emperor Sheev Palpatine. In Legends it isn't Sheev it's just Valkorion/The Emperor himself.
  • Compared to Rey is Supreme Leader Kylo Ren a little bit weak.
    He is stunning reliant and there are too many anti-stuns in many characters today. There's also the factor of AI targeting non-stunned targets in this game.
    Supreme Leader Kylo Ren has cooldowns (3) and GL Rey just has 0 cooldowns for her abilties. In comparison to GL Rey his leadership is pretty boring.
    In IX is Rey a GL for sure and the granddaughter of Emperor Sheev Palpatine. I think SWGoH wants to welcome that in fact GL Rey is the GL and the Chosen One for her era meanwhile GL Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is very ridiculous for IX. He's the grandson of Darth Vader but he's not the best like the Chosen One Anakin Skywalker (Light Side).

In fact I could say that the mighty people are the Chosen One for the Light Side while the Dark Side just really have the only one Chosen One: The Emperor Sheev Palpatine. In Legends it isn't Sheev it's just Valkorion/The Emperor himself.

You mention the cooldowns being different but you need to remember that Rey's special abilities are very circumstantial. She can't use her 3x massive damage special ability unless someone else on her team has fallen below 60% hp. That isn't going to happen turn 1 most likely. Her other special is fine but there is a point where she can't even use that one either. her damage output is going to be quite low until she can do the Whilrwind special or her Ultimate. Kylo on the other hand can use both his special abilities right away and they both do damage. The special where it stuns does more than just stun. Its a mass cleanse, a damaging attack and mass dispel of opponents buffs! Pretty amazing i think even if the other person is immune to stun.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Did we see 2 different movies? Because in the Rise of Skywalker that I saw he was having the upper hand the whole time. The battle could be split into 3 phases:
    Phase 1: Kylo taking it easy and just checking out her skills and what she had learned from her training. He's toying with her and even doing some non lightsaber dodging moves in the death star throne room just to mock her.
    Phase 2 (after this backwards jump thing from Rey and Kylo stepping through the water switching his grip to a reverse one): He's like "enough of this s***" and taking it more serious and more aggressive. It's very obvious how he easily overpowers her due to his physical advantage. At the end of this phase he just swings a few heavy strikes and she's done and exhausted.
    Phase 3: Leia interrupts him before he finishes Rey off and drops his lightsaber after she (Leia) talks to his good side that's still in him (Ben). Rey quickly catches the lightsaber mid-air and stabs him with it.

So technically, yes, she won. With a cheap shot. But don't make the mistake to think that she was actually better than him because she was not. He had the upper hand and full control in that fight for the whole time.

Same is more or less the case for the battle in TFA where Kylo was injured from Chewie's bowcaster shot. Even though there are probably other factors playing a role there aswell such as him not being properly trained yet and heavily underestimating Rey.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • So when does those GL get released? It s already march 20th. Almost end of the month
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

They don't take random posters' opinions about the movie into consideration when making kits.

KR beat Rey in TROS. It isn’t an opinion

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?