Rey and Ren - Is there a point to playing this game anymore?

Replies

• Hortus
    615 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Will the AI GLs target Fives or another 501st? If 5s sacrifices, GS is tough to lose with.

Since GL kits are like a small novel there are many more questions to their AI. :)
  • TVF wrote: »
    Exletion wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Exletion wrote: »
    And, honestly, arena has always been a whale's game

Anecdotal.

Nah, objective in the reasoning why I said it. Gaining the new meta on day 1 gives whales the highest probability advantage of being number one in arena the most, hence why arena tends to be one of the most whale friendly modes in the game.

I never said whales don't have the advantage. How much of an advantage is shard dependent, and also the number of whales is highly variable. Therefore, anecdotal.

No, you are just saying there is variation which I actually agree with. The objective nature of the game mode is all the evidence I brought to the table. I didn't even say anything anecdotal lol. My shard is actually rather light on whales if you want to get anecdotal.
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    R7 GAS doesnt have a counter, theres even videoams where underleveled and 5* gass can wipe out relic squads with defense mods

R7 GAS is easier to counter than Darth Revan. Of course the best GL counter is going to be the other GL but some cookie cutters will emerge, maybe it will take two attempts.
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    I'm not quitting the game, but I am serious that their kits are so over the top it is depressing. I mean, assuming I every get one of these characters, it will take a year or two. In the meantime, anyone who get's these two essentially automatically win any arena, GAC, raid, etc. I'm really unhappy and annoyed about these seriously OP characters. :(:( It does make me ask, why keep playing, and why spend any more money on this game. :(

The GL and the increased GP in their pre-reqs should bump most to a new competition level in GAC. There will always be folks with extremely focussed rosters but we should separate ourselves after a bit.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Remember when they said they wanted a few teams to form a "rock, paper, scissors" meta?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
    And we criticized them for it but after relics this is exactly what we got
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    This is the same question people asked when:

Jedi Knight Revan was released
    Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released
    General Skywalker was released

Yet here we are

CG has done a good job of forming the meta, I'm sure it'll be fine. GAS was overwhelmingly powerful during kit reveal, and he's still a strong toon, but he has several counters (DR, Padme, Rebels etc) and not as bad as we initially thought

Players will find a way to survive

The thing is: Requirements are out of this world. It will take seriously about 2 years to get. Of course over those 2 years meta will change at least twice. So is there a point in playing? I have all the meta teams except gas, I will have all things needed soon. But this will take about half a year and I already had many of these characters. I have only 7 characters with relic in total. This gl alone requires 12 characters on relics. And I don't have many of them geared or even unlocked.
    Everyone complained that it will take a year to get GAS too. The new raid will give plenty of good gear to make things easier, I’m sure.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    The bigger question is will the GLs work as intended. They have a TON of “hidden” buffs that stack unseen. Considering how many things in this game don’t wai, I put money on these being buggy. And it’s going to be darn near impossible to tell if these things are working correctly. Plus, every time they introduce a “plug and play” toon there’s always some “.unintended” interactions that almost break the game. Will they allow those to continue since these are whale toons?
  • There will be counters available I'm pretty sure. CG will then nerf said counters. People quit and the poor **** that saved for these cool toons will be forced to fight others that have them because other normal folk will be gone. The circle will continue.

Yeah they counter each other and probably nothing in between. They better!
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    R7 GAS doesnt have a counter, theres even videoams where underleveled and 5* gass can wipe out relic squads with defense mods

Trust me, as an owner of an R7 GAS, I promise you he has many counters.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

CG has done a good job of forming the meta, I'm sure it'll be fine. GAS was overwhelmingly powerful during kit reveal, and he's still a strong toon, but he has several counters (DR, Padme, Rebels etc) and not as bad as we initially thought

The thing is: Requirements are out of this world. It will take seriously about 2 years to get. Of course over those 2 years meta will change at least twice. So is there a point in playing? I have all the meta teams except gas, I will have all things needed soon. But this will take about half a year and I already had many of these characters. I have only 7 characters with relic in total. This gl alone requires 12 characters on relics. And I don't have many of them geared or even unlocked.

You don't have GAS, yet you are still playing.

What's the difference from GL that will keep you from playing?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

Are you someone who was asked to try every garbage every day to talk nicely with any kind of stupid relativity?
    I have no idea what that sentence means
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

Are you someone who was asked to try every garbage every day to talk nicely with any kind of stupid relativity?

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited March 2020

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

I have no idea what that sentence means

tenor.gif?itemid=14716166

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nothing new here. Things have been this way since the first newly released meta
  • Always the same complain.
    People will find a counter. Dont worry
  • Azza wrote: »
    They were announced three months ago. If you started hoarding then, you can't be far away from getting your first one.

I see posts like this all the time, and its baffling. Like everyone has been playing for four years and has everything.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

This is the central point that people are missing: CG have made the top of the arena completely Kraken only territory with the GL moves. Unless the 'current' meta (General Skywalker) can beat these teams on offense, then the game has locked off the top of the arena for the Krakens only.

This is a major problem. It's going to hit their bottom line. I understand that CG will only try to adjust things when they realize that a majority of the players aren't going to suddenly drop a few thousand dollars to secure Arena viability. Most will spend less and devote less time/energy to the game.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Azza wrote: »
    They were announced three months ago. If you started hoarding then, you can't be far away from getting your first one.

I see posts like this all the time, and its baffling. Like everyone has been playing for four years and has everything.

The meta isn't for everyone.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

This is the central point that people are missing: CG have made the top of the arena completely Kraken only territory with the GL moves. Unless the 'current' meta (General Skywalker) can beat these teams on offense, then the game has locked off the top of the arena for the Krakens only.

This is a major problem. It's going to hit their bottom line. I understand that CG will only try to adjust things when they realize that a majority of the players aren't going to suddenly drop a few thousand dollars to secure Arena viability.

They don't need the majority to spend anything.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

This is a major problem. It's going to hit their bottom line. I understand that CG will only try to adjust things when they realize that a majority of the players aren't going to suddenly drop a few thousand dollars to secure Arena viability. Most will spend less and devote less time/energy to the game.

Were the previous metas including the current one any different?

I got traya pretty late, jkr the 2nd time, malak 2nd time, gas same. Curiously survived at the top with each of them as f2p. And due to arena incomes will get my gl even earlier than if this was something I was getting 2nd time around. Each meta shift will be especially hard for f2p pushing the top and hardly matters for peeps floating around 50-200. Nothing changed.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Anarkid wrote: »

R7 GAS is easier to counter than Darth Revan. Of course the best GL counter is going to be the other GL but some cookie cutters will emerge, maybe it will take two attempts.

Must be nice bein in a shard with all thise **** mods
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Azza wrote: »

I agree. I have been playing ftp for over 4 years, and I can tell you that it would take over a year to build up to one GL. Most people who make comments like this have no idea what it’s like to farm ftp in this game. It’s that same people that thought GAS coming back early was going to flood the arena with FTP 7* GAS teams.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    If you aren't close to getting them, the people you're competing with mostly won't be either.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Anarkid wrote: »

SE with Han & Chewie has entered the chat.

You know everything has a counter right?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released

Yet here we are

Well if u literally just started an account it would take 2 years.

I’m gonna get Rey 4-6 months post release 100% f2p
  • Yes there is a point to playing the game still. It is a pleasant escape from the drudgery of the day. I will keep playing, The release of two more characters will not negatively impact my enjoyment of the game. I only now just unlocked Dark Revan. To date without having much in the way of meta teams (or being way behind the curve) at any point have enjoyed the game immensely. I manage to get my share of wins in the various modes of play and do experience my share of losses as well.

The truth of the matter at least for me as a middling player not at the top of any shard or competition is that the meta teams are not much of a factor at all. The beauty of this game and its match making mechanisms is that you are generally competing with people in the same boat as you, meaning you win some and lose some.

• Pille
    125 posts Member
    I will stop playing in 200m gm guilds and focus on g12 toons instead...playing just for fun and not every day....if there will be no new content for current average gear level up to June...that’s my limit
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    If you aren't close to getting them, the people you're competing with mostly won't be either.

100% anecdotally untrue

I’m not even close to getting them, but the majority of those I compete with in arena are.

Arena will always be the domain of the whales. I was referring to GAC.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png