Rey and Ren - Is there a point to playing this game anymore?

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Azza wrote: »
    They were announced three months ago. If you started hoarding then, you can't be far away from getting your first one.

I see posts like this all the time, and its baffling. Like everyone has been playing for four years and has everything.

I agree. I have been playing ftp for over 4 years, and I can tell you that it would take over a year to build up to one GL. Most people who make comments like this have no idea what it’s like to farm ftp in this game. It’s that same people that thought GAS coming back early was going to flood the arena with FTP 7* GAS teams.

Arena has been flooded with 7* GAS teams lately, nothing to do with money spent at this point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    If you aren't close to getting them, the people you're competing with mostly won't be either.

100% anecdotally untrue

I’m not even close to getting them, but the majority of those I compete with in arena are.

Arena will always be the domain of the whales. I was referring to GAC.

You mean there are other game modes in SWGOH? It isn't all about squad arena?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Lio wrote: »
    If you aren't close to getting them, the people you're competing with mostly won't be either.

100% anecdotally untrue

I’m not even close to getting them, but the majority of those I compete with in arena are.

You're right, I forgot. Anything that doesn't take #1 in squad arena is USELESS TRASH.

Carry on.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Well if you are in a cool guild,discord chats are nice and fun and it passes the time fine,then all is good,i dont know whats the fuss of new metas or not being on par with ppl that spend.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    OP: The kind of anxiety you're feeling is exactly what games like this try to foster. "Keep up, keep up! Spend!" Luckily the requirements have been getting so steep that the lag between character release and a good portion of the playbase having those characters keeps getting longer. So no need to panic, you'll probably just lose the odd GAC here and there as a result.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    They were announced three months ago. If you started hoarding then, you can't be far away from getting your first one.

I see posts like this all the time, and its baffling. Like everyone has been playing for four years and has everything.

I agree. I have been playing ftp for over 4 years, and I can tell you that it would take over a year to build up to one GL. Most people who make comments like this have no idea what it’s like to farm ftp in this game. It’s that same people that thought GAS coming back early was going to flood the arena with FTP 7* GAS teams.

Arena has been flooded with 7* GAS teams lately, nothing to do with money spent at this point.

GAS came back in December. It’s now the end of March...
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Plus I wouldn’t say there’s a flood of FTP 7* Skywalkers. There were around 50 in my shard in December. Now there’s about 70. And my 110mil guild has exactly one. Mine.

Edit- and I had to pass up farming Old Republic, D Revan, Malak, and any farming for GLs in order to get him there.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

GAS came back in December. It’s now the end of March...

Indeed.
  • GAC is not a concern. You have to relic 12 characters (none of which are meta) just to unlock, them relic and add 6 zetas to the GL. The GP fluff is off the chart.

If you get matched with someone who has this much fluff when you don’t the rest of your roster will dwarf your opponent.
  • It’s always funny when people say: “WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?” ...

I don’t know .. like, maybe for the devs to throw the casual player a bone for once just create ACTUAL CONTENT that can be enjoyed by everyone.. and not just release more bait for whales/krakens...
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

100% anecdotally untrue

100% anecdotally untrue

You're right, I forgot. Anything that doesn't take #1 in squad arena is USELESS TRASH.

Carry on.

Of course there are other game modes, captain obvious twins.

Being competitive enough to get crystals as an FTP allows you to be competitive in all other modes of the game.

How's this for obvious - you are once again getting angry just to be angry.

Whales always had an edge over FTP in Squad Arena. That's not something new that is being introduced with the GLs. The players that spend money (and a few F2P) get the meta first and get the benefits of more crystals upfront. The rest of the F2P get the meta a little later and then can get crystals. Just focus on ships in the meantime.

But Jarvind's original point is still true. The majority of the people you'll be facing in other game modes are likely in the same boat as you.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Waiting for the "we get matched with ppl with GLs, it's so unfair" posts to fill the forum. T-3
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

100% anecdotally untrue

100% anecdotally untrue

Carry on.

Being competitive enough to get crystals as an FTP allows you to be competitive in all other modes of the game.

Whales always had an edge over FTP in Squad Arena. That's not something new that is being introduced with the GLs. The players that spend money (and a few F2P) get the meta first and get the benefits of more crystals upfront. The rest of the F2P get the meta a little later and then can get crystals. Just focus on ships in the meantime.

But Jarvind's original point is still true. The majority of the people you'll be facing in other game modes are likely in the same boat as you.

Yep, my post was seething with anger, I’m busted, good eye LOL

Jarvind’s post that I responded to mentioned nothing of other game modes.

It’s obvious GAC won’t be affected as much as arena and these GLs will make arena much different than in the past, at least in my arena.

obr9enmbw4a1.png
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

100% anecdotally untrue

100% anecdotally untrue

Carry on.

It’s obvious GAC won’t be affected as much as arena and these GLs will make arena much different than in the past, at least in my arena.

obr9enmbw4a1.png

be nice jarvind
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

100% anecdotally untrue

100% anecdotally untrue

Carry on.

obr9enmbw4a1.png

be nice jarvind

Come on TVF.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    There will be counters available I'm pretty sure. CG will then nerf said counters. People quit and the poor **** that saved for these cool toons will be forced to fight others that have them because other normal folk will be gone. The circle will continue.

Yeah they counter each other and probably nothing in between. They better!

I found one, and it predicts 2 counters!ei19jpmqjy90.jpg
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

100% anecdotally untrue

100% anecdotally untrue

Carry on.

I didn't k own Jarvind and Lio were twins. That's so cool, like identical? Who was born first? I have so many questions.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I'm actually surprised nobody is talking about the possible repercussions these 2 toons may bring to the game. Hard to say right now but with them being so hard to obtain I wonder how many people will just quit playing entirely.

What would be the point of discussion? No one knows how many people will quit and there's nothing to be done even if we did know.

Granted, that's never stopped people here from wild baseless speculation before.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

100% anecdotally untrue

100% anecdotally untrue

Carry on.

I didn't k own Jarvind and Lio were twins. That's so cool, like identical? Who was born first? I have so many questions.

who would have guess the answer to the chicken or the egg would be yes?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    I'm actually surprised nobody is talking about the possible repercussions these 2 toons may bring to the game. Hard to say right now but with them being so hard to obtain I wonder how many people will just quit playing entirely.
    Every new big ticket toon has been hard to obtain. I’m sure the new raid rewards will make g13 easier
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

100% anecdotally untrue

100% anecdotally untrue

Carry on.

We're fraternal (like Luke and Leia). Jarvind came first and I came second (like Luke and Leia). We grew up apart but now have been reunited (like Luke and Leia).
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

100% anecdotally untrue

100% anecdotally untrue

Carry on.

We're fraternal (like Luke and Leia). Jarvind came first and I came second (like Luke and Leia). We grew up apart but now have been reunited (like Luke and Leia).

When I first met Jarvind I immediately thought to myself "that boy is our last hope." But then I found out there was another.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Every new big ticket toon has been hard to obtain. I’m sure the new raid rewards will make g13 easier

The new raid will also make everyone quit and kill the game.
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    R7 GAS doesnt have a counter, theres even videoams where underleveled and 5* gass can wipe out relic squads with defense mods

Lmao idk what arena shard your in but in mine basically all of top 35 is r7 with all five clones also r7 an i use a dr malak basti han chewy team an i take 1st every day. An during other ppls po they can take down same full r7 teams with normal dr team. That dont even include the padme counters tht ppl use. So maybe u better chck youtube again for all the vids tht shows what I just mentioned. Maybe ur only watching the gas beats ??? vids and not the ??? beats r7 gas vids.
  • kremzparma
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    i am no whale but am an endgame player, and i am at 11/13 for Gley with BB8 and Scav at R3/4, just farming the rest of the relic pieces. I have spent less than $100 on Resistance. it was totally possible to prepare for this while minimally spending though admittedly hoarding helped lol
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    kremzparma wrote: »
    i am no whale but am an endgame player, and i am at 11/13 for Gley with BB8 and Scav at R3/4, just farming the rest of the relic pieces. I have spent less than $100 on Resistance. it was totally possible to prepare for this while minimally spending though admittedly hoarding helped lol

Let's agree to not call her Gley. Terrible nickname.