Lineup order help?

Laz
190 posts Member
I’ve been told it matters which order you place units in your squad. Specifically for clone troopers and Nute lead sep teams. To determine which unit to select to assist. Does this matter for a GG sep droid team? Is there a particular order that I should place them?

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it doesn't really matter. there a few isolated cases where IF an AOE kills EVERYONE at THE SAME TIME you want fives in the last spot, but ftmp it won't be an issue. just put him last just in case. There's something similar with jolee but you want him second I think? basically, the odds of you needing them in a certain order ares slim to none
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Geos, namely, it's extremely important to have Sun Fac hitting first to dispel debuffs (maybe someone can comment on what position he needs to be for this)...

I think @Gifafi is right on Clones...you want Fives in the last slot so that on AoE attacks, other clones will die before him. It outright breaks GAS against BSF's Wild Lightning ability.

JKR teams you theoretically want Bastilla and Yoda in the back rank so that neither of their basic attacks suck up the Foresight (Bastilla for Ability Block and Yoda for damage), though I imagine this has much less of an impact as these other teams.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    hmm, also, now that I reread, there's a difference between turn order and placement. turn order is determined by speeds iirc. I believe if the computer is picking someone to assist, like bastilla picking someone for example on defense or auto, that choice is just rng, or at least that's what I've always thought. I don't know of any placement issues with nute or sep droid team placements
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ya Geos you want; GBA, Sun Fac, Soldier, Spy, Poggle. I know having Zombie in the 2nd slot helps in spirit blade since she'll aplly ten down.
    I'm unaware of any Nute droid order, but I would love to know if there is one.
  • Also in a JKR team, if everyone is murdered at the same time without Savior being used before, you want Jolee in the 2nd spot, so he revives from Savior
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    ZAP wrote: »
    It was my understanding that this also affects mass attacks like padme teams with GKs special, where you want ahsoka in the 2nd slot to dispel first.

I’ve tried to see how mass attacks actually happen in game, but don’t record, so can’t slow down enough to see if they actually happen in order of placement.

I think it's a combination of placement and animation speed...for "melee" characters that have to run up and hit, it's basically whoever gets there first. Ranged characters it's just who has a faster animation.

I guess what you're getting at is that say we had a team of 4 Hans and a GK, would placement actually affect when each one hits with the mass assist? :|