Rey and Ren - Is there a point to playing this game anymore?

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    kremzparma wrote: »
    i am no whale but am an endgame player, and i am at 11/13 for Gley with BB8 and Scav at R3/4, just farming the rest of the relic pieces. I have spent less than $100 on Resistance. it was totally possible to prepare for this while minimally spending though admittedly hoarding helped lol

Let's agree to not call her Gley. Terrible nickname.

Disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Being endgame is a different story. If you've run out of decent toons to G12, etc then yes it makes sense you'd have a quicker path to either GL. Mid-game or non-spender? Unless you have a serious HO for First Order or Resistance chances are you're many months away.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    GLYO and GLEY?

It doesn't stand for anything so is not all caps.

And it's Glylo.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    GLYO and GLEY?

It doesn't stand for anything so is not all caps.

And it's Glylo.

no.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • WhoDat
    55 posts Member
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    I'm not quitting the game, but I am serious that their kits are so over the top it is depressing. I mean, assuming I every get one of these characters, it will take a year or two. In the meantime, anyone who get's these two essentially automatically win any arena, GAC, raid, etc. I'm really unhappy and annoyed about these seriously OP characters. :(:( It does make me ask, why keep playing, and why spend any more money on this game. :(

I feel you, I feel almost exactly the same way however, I’ve decided I’ll just have my fun in collecting what I can and trying new teams, working my way along towards GL someday..

My final straw will be this promised new content... when we find out it’s all GL tuned, I’m done, I will not chase a carrot so far out of touch with what’s reasonable...

GL tuned content is not just out of reach, it’s flying away on a magic spaceship moving faster than the speed of light...

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I remember my first op toon
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Luminara or barriss?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Luminara or barriss?

Or Lando. He kept doing stronger and stronger aoe attacks! Or Leia, but I think she was p2p only.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    This is the same question people asked when:

Jedi Knight Revan was released
    Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released
    General Skywalker was released

Yet here we are

CG has done a good job of forming the meta, I'm sure it'll be fine. GAS was overwhelmingly powerful during kit reveal, and he's still a strong toon, but he has several counters (DR, Padme, Rebels etc) and not as bad as we initially thought

Players will find a way to survive

Are you someone who was asked to try every garbage every day to talk nicely with any kind of stupid relativity?
    I have no idea what that sentence means

tenor.gif?itemid=14716166

Reported for profanity. Keep it clean, TVF. H E double hockey sticks is a bad word, dude.
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    R7 GAS doesnt have a counter, theres even videoams where underleveled and 5* gass can wipe out relic squads with defense mods

Lol. A friend of mine climbed in arena against full relic GAS/ 501st, with g12 Bastila lead, r2 JKRevan, g12, hyoda, g9 Wat and r7 GAS.
  • Jeez, I'm starting to hate the GL release. I'm just mid-game! Some months before they JKR and we had to chase after him. Then they invented DR and Malak. Not to mention c3PO. And lately that had Shaak Ti and the 501st and General Skywalker. Don't forget Ki-Adi-Mundi. Seriously, there's absolutely no way to catch up unless you whale!
  • I guess we F2P players will just have to satisfy ourselves by farming toons we like.
  • Look, I don't disagree that getting a GL toon is a LOT of work, but TWO YEARS?

I can't imagine I'm less than 4 months away from Heroic Poe to complete the set, since they haven't even made him farmable yet and there's a limit to how much of my crystals I can spend on HPoe shards. I mean, I could spend a lot on those shards, but then I wouldn't be able to use those crystals to gear up the rest of resistance, and I only have 1 relic 13 Resistance toon right now.

But on the plus side, you can unlock GRey without HPoe (albeit without the ultimate ability). So assuming GRey is released by then, I think I should be able to open her up in 4 months, maybe less, depending on HFinn farming. I have about 6 resistance at g12 but I still have 4 + HPoe and HFInn in the purple. Right now I'm getting about 2 toons every 3-4 weeks to g13 from g12. So... yeah. 3 months will get me half my relic toons, another 3 months will get the rest. A new raid or some good luck with complete gear drops and maybe I'll get those toons relic'd sooner.

Minimum 4 months, projected max = 6 months. And I'm free to play, though I am endgame and have been playing for 4 years and have all my epic confrontations and Hero's Journeys etc. complete. If you're able to focus on just this and you start from nowhere ready, maybe 9 months, but not more than that. By the time I'm done, I will have put in about 7-8 (can't remember when exactly I switched over to focussing on Resistance, but it wasn't that long ago).

The only way that it would take two years is if you're counting from before you get RJT and/or you're not focussing exclusively on a single GL faction. The choice is easy for me, since I don't have those other major events to prepare for, but even if I didn't have GAS and Malak and whatever, I could still choose to focus on Resistance. My time to make all this happen hasn't really changed much since the day that they released relics.

I get that there are opportunity costs (when you're farming one thing, you're not farming another) but two years isn't fair. If it takes you that long, you weren't really working on it the whole time.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    This is the same question people asked when:

Jedi Knight Revan was released
    Darth Revan was released
    Darth Malak was released
    General Skywalker was released

Yet here we are

CG has done a good job of forming the meta, I'm sure it'll be fine. GAS was overwhelmingly powerful during kit reveal, and he's still a strong toon, but he has several counters (DR, Padme, Rebels etc) and not as bad as we initially thought

Players will find a way to survive

Are you someone who was asked to try every garbage every day to talk nicely with any kind of stupid relativity?
    I have no idea what that sentence means

tenor.gif?itemid=14716166

Reported for profanity. Keep it clean, TVF. H E double hockey sticks is a bad word, dude.

I checked the swear filter first and it allows hell. But thanks dude.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Luminara or barriss?

Or Lando. He kept doing stronger and stronger aoe attacks! Or Leia, but I think she was p2p only.

Lando and Leia were the p2pest things possible. Leia triple tap, so op! Then Rex right afterwards. If you want high spots in Rancy you gotta buy Rex.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Look, I don't disagree that getting a GL toon is a LOT of work, but TWO YEARS?

I can't imagine I'm less than 4 months away from Heroic Poe to complete the set, since they haven't even made him farmable yet and there's a limit to how much of my crystals I can spend on HPoe shards. I mean, I could spend a lot on those shards, but then I wouldn't be able to use those crystals to gear up the rest of resistance, and I only have 1 relic 13 Resistance toon right now.

But on the plus side, you can unlock GRey without HPoe (albeit without the ultimate ability). So assuming GRey is released by then, I think I should be able to open her up in 4 months, maybe less, depending on HFinn farming. I have about 6 resistance at g12 but I still have 4 + HPoe and HFInn in the purple. Right now I'm getting about 2 toons every 3-4 weeks to g13 from g12. So... yeah. 3 months will get me half my relic toons, another 3 months will get the rest. A new raid or some good luck with complete gear drops and maybe I'll get those toons relic'd sooner.

Minimum 4 months, projected max = 6 months. And I'm free to play, though I am endgame and have been playing for 4 years and have all my epic confrontations and Hero's Journeys etc. complete. If you're able to focus on just this and you start from nowhere ready, maybe 9 months, but not more than that. By the time I'm done, I will have put in about 7-8 (can't remember when exactly I switched over to focussing on Resistance, but it wasn't that long ago).

The only way that it would take two years is if you're counting from before you get RJT and/or you're not focussing exclusively on a single GL faction. The choice is easy for me, since I don't have those other major events to prepare for, but even if I didn't have GAS and Malak and whatever, I could still choose to focus on Resistance. My time to make all this happen hasn't really changed much since the day that they released relics.

I get that there are opportunity costs (when you're farming one thing, you're not farming another) but two years isn't fair. If it takes you that long, you weren't really working on it the whole time.

I understood the unlock procedure like you, but everyone disagrees that's what CG meant. You need all prereqs to unlock the event.
  • Nothing new here. Things have been this way since the first newly released meta

Absolutely! Oh, except the massive increase in requirements/time to get them. 🤤
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Luminara or barriss?

lol tbh I was thinking of more the insane page-long kits like jkr, but now that I think back, stick rey was pretty dope, one-shot whacking people lol.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Luminara or barriss?

lol tbh I was thinking of more the insane page-long kits like jkr, but now that I think back, stick rey was pretty dope, one-shot whacking people lol.

Yeah, before protection.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    If you aren't close to getting them, the people you're competing with mostly won't be either.

100% anecdotally untrue

I’m not even close to getting them, but the majority of those I compete with in arena are.

Arena will always be the domain of the whales. I was referring to GAC.

You mean there are other game modes in SWGOH? It isn't all about squad arena?
    If you aren't close to getting them, the people you're competing with mostly won't be either.

100% anecdotally untrue

I’m not even close to getting them, but the majority of those I compete with in arena are.

Arena will always be the domain of the whales. I was referring to GAC.

You mean there are other game modes in SWGOH? It isn't all about squad arena?

You're right, I forgot. Anything that doesn't take #1 in squad arena is USELESS TRASH.

Carry on.

Of course there are other game modes, captain obvious twins.

Being competitive enough to get crystals as an FTP allows you to be competitive in all other modes of the game.

I didn't k own Jarvind and Lio were twins. That's so cool, like identical? Who was born first? I have so many questions.

who would have guess the answer to the chicken or the egg would be yes?

Well truthfully chicken and egg question is just silly. It's the egg, dinosaurs had eggs. Of course if you dont believe in the dinosaurs the discussion can be reopened.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I'm actually surprised nobody is talking about the possible repercussions these 2 toons may bring to the game. Hard to say right now but with them being so hard to obtain I wonder how many people will just quit playing entirely.
    Every new big ticket toon has been hard to obtain. I’m sure the new raid rewards will make g13 easier

The new raid will also make everyone quit and kill the game.

Hmm, "new raid" "kill". Death star raid from confirmed CG shill @TVF
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I'm actually surprised nobody is talking about the possible repercussions these 2 toons may bring to the game. Hard to say right now but with them being so hard to obtain I wonder how many people will just quit playing entirely.
    Every new big ticket toon has been hard to obtain. I’m sure the new raid rewards will make g13 easier

Is Tvf officially announced to be shill?
  • Stick
    647 posts Member

The only people on here who qualify as "shill"
    Work for free for that guy who wears the tight thrawn costume in YouTube videos. Arnold ( spelled with accent) I think his Alias is. Cg has no such thing.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »

Work for free for that guy who wears the tight thrawn costume in YouTube videos. Arnold ( spelled with accent) I think his Alias is. Cg has no such thing.

Hahaha yeah this place is running rampant with anahlt shills
    Stick wrote: »

Hahaha yeah this place is running rampant with anahlt shills

He is moderately entertaining at times.