Lack of Events

Personally I think with everyone on lockdown this is a perfect time to what was done over the holidays. A plethora of events, multiple a day, with all the character events returning as well (such as GAS). It would be the easiest thing right now since it’s not requiring the creation of anything new, just extra content to keep us invested while we are at home all day.

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The problem with constant events is the economy of game
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Play multiple games! That way there is always events to do.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Right now it’s barely an event a day. Adding a few more in there wouldn’t hurt them too bad. It’s not like these events give us an ungodly amount of materials anyways.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sure it would be great, but that's easier said than done. There is a lot of things around this turn of events that makes it hard to plan things leading up to "now".

They said they are working on something, but they have not announced what yet.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

If CG thought that would be a problem then why did they say they were working on something specific to this issue?

If they truly believed giving us some more to do during these times would hurt the economy wouldn’t they just say nothing or say they won’t do anything extra?

We don't know what they are planning yet. The suggestion was constant events.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Not to be gloomy here, but is CG supposed to just run extra events for the next few months? Atleast here in the US the lockdowns and stay at home rules are just starting, so it will be weeks of "more time for events". I am all for the extra things to pass time they hinted at, but we also need to realize that the game's economy is not balanced to for an indefinite influx of events.

Oh, and everyone asking for events now will be outraged when CG ends them after the quarantine time passes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • ZAP wrote: »
    There are also things that can be done that don’t affect the economy at all, such as tune GW a little harder. Rewards can remain the same, but we can choose to battle it or sim. I did run a solo GAS through it the other day, but that’s not gonna be fun much longer 😁

I think a combo of Hard mode GW and sandbox would be cool. Maybe put a sliding scale of difficulty (maybe average gear level of opponents?) and then work your way up a ladder of different factions? Gives a chance to try out teams against things you might normally see, while still giving rewards and a challenge.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Just want to point out that not all of us are on lockdown. In fact some of us are in positions that require us to work more than usual...

I'm not at all against them giving extra stuff to do, even though some ppl are finding it difficult to keep up with the basics, but remember we aren't all in the same boat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Just want to point out that not all of us are on lockdown. In fact some of us are in positions that require us to work more than usual...

I'm not at all against them giving extra stuff to do, even though some ppl are finding it difficult to keep up with the basics, but remember we aren't all in the same boat.

Yep, agreed, which is why I think something along the lines of a harder GW or something like that would be a good option. No extra rewards so the people that aren’t on lockdown aren’t missing out, but those that have some more free time at the moment can play the game a little more.

I made the same suggestion sometime in the last couple days. Actually, endless GW was what I suggested.

I'm sure there are several ways they could alleviate the boredom (while still remaining profitable).
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Yep, agreed, which is why I think something along the lines of a harder GW or something like that would be a good option. No extra rewards so the people that aren’t on lockdown aren’t missing out, but those that have some more free time at the moment can play the game a little more.

I made the same suggestion sometime in the last couple days. Actually, endless GW was what I suggested.

I'm sure there are several ways they could alleviate the boredom (while still remaining profitable).

Well hopefully they’re cooking something up, would be nice, but if they wait too long we will have 100 threads about this. 😉

Then we'd have to get all hyperbolic on them...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Endless forums
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not to be gloomy here, but is CG supposed to just run extra events for the next few months? Atleast here in the US the lockdowns and stay at home rules are just starting, so it will be weeks of "more time for events". I am all for the extra things to pass time they hinted at, but we also need to realize that the game's economy is not balanced to for an indefinite influx of events.

Oh, and everyone asking for events now will be outraged when CG ends them after the quarantine time passes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Definitely a good point that I’m sure CG is carefully considering before actually doing something.

yes they are. the initial comments and questions posed to many of the groups (mods, beta, and what have you) seemed to be focused on a loose usage of what we have over a longer time and giving prizes for milestones.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

a lot of the feedback that I saw from the above statement revolved around GW. but they would have to make changes to make it interesting. most players can easily crush GW with 1 team for days without even worrying.

I agree, but they are also weighing that with the amount of redirecting and work to make it happen. this is a hard time to be able to commit work to something so unsure. we could start to see things change (for better or worse) in the next few days, and never mind what happens over the next 1-2 weeks/ month(s)

We are all in a similar boat and I believe we all want the same thing. I would just caution anyone wanting to break out of the boredom they feel to wait on someone else to do it for them.