Efficient F2P path

Hello guys,
I've just started a new account and i'm currently lvl 47 (https://swgoh.gg/p/524618818/).
I'm following the Phoenix path without wasting energy on other toons and i'm getting good feedbacks in GW (completed 9/9) and arena (placing in top 1000 for the rewards). I'm at the moment where I have to choose between focusing on the development of my Phoenix squad (above gear 6-7) OR farming another team (maybe separatists).
There's another thing that I can't properly figure out: as far as I understand, I need at least 1 lightside team and 1 darkside team to 3-star the nodes for farming all the required chars. This means that I still need to level up, rank up and gear up toons from both sides for those two teams?
I don't want to waste energy on hard battles (e.g. to farm Sabine), if not needed, so I'd like to pick a route as soon as possible since I have to farm at least 5 hard battles per day for the daily reward.
I would also like to reach the fleet arena (lvl 60) with a team of good pilots ready to fight in their ships and the choice is between Phoenix Ships + Biggs + ??? or Geo's ships + ???.
Any suggestion on which path to take?
PS: please don't suggest taking the route you enjoy the most, i'm looking for the most efficient one, in the long run, to get the best toons for the arena.
Thanks!

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The separatists => Padmé + GR route is a good alternative to the oldschool Phoenix => Thrawn + EP => R2D2 => CLS route. Your Padmé team will probably remain viable in squad arena for a long time. Nute is great in Padmé's event.

You will collect some good pilots along the way either way. You could try going all-in on farming pilots to try to hit high ranks in fleet arena for those extra crystals. Also you should plan for beating the zeta material challenge. (As far as I remember it requires 5 DS ships at 4* or better and 8 ships total at 5* or better - not 100% sure, though).

Regarding hard node battles:
    The best investment of your crystals would be to buy the 3x 50 crystals normal energy refreshes to farm more hard nodes. At your stage you still need to farm a lot of characters. It's not at all wasted. Also, if you get som powerful allies (f.ex. the strongest players in your guild, or advertise for some on these forums) it will help your greatly to progress in LS/DS battles.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    I agree with the above.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    The separatists => Padmé + GR route is a good alternative to the oldschool Phoenix => Thrawn + EP => R2D2 => CLS route. Your Padmé team will probably remain viable in squad arena for a long time. Nute is great in Padmé's event.

You will collect some good pilots along the way either way. You could try going all-in on farming pilots to try to hit high ranks in fleet arena for those extra crystals. Also you should plan for beating the zeta material challenge. (As far as I remember it requires 5 DS ships at 4* or better and 8 ships total at 5* or better - not 100% sure, though).

Regarding hard node battles:
    The best investment of your crystals would be to buy the 3x 50 crystals normal energy refreshes to farm more hard nodes. At your stage you still need to farm a lot of characters. It's not at all wasted. Also, if you get som powerful allies (f.ex. the strongest players in your guild, or advertise for some on these forums) it will help your greatly to progress in LS/DS battles.

Thanks for the infos.
    So you suggest to focus immediately on farming the Separatist team while using the PS for the GW daily farming?
    Given the above, which separatists should i farm?
  • Go for CLS, Palp, and Thrawn. You need to keep gearing up your Phoenix.
  • Go for CLS, Palp, and Thrawn. You need to keep gearing up your Phoenix.

I hate to say it but this probably will remain the wisest path. GL Luke is coming. It will pull from this path heavily
  • I would continue to gear up phoenix until you unlock 7* thrawn, and farm the shards for the seperatists in the meantime
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Go for CLS, Palp, and Thrawn. You need to keep gearing up your Phoenix.

I hate to say it but this probably will remain the wisest path. GL Luke is coming. It will pull from this path heavily

At level 47 it's a bit early to plan for galactic legends, don't you think? The separatist => Padmé route is a great alternative.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Check out AhnaldT101. He did a great video for beginners.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

when
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

when
    Probably when they release Galactic Legend Palpatine, the next set of legends. I predict 3-5 months. Also, I predict we'll get the Mace Windu rework along with 2 other clone updates. Lumi and another rework or a new Galactic Republic toon that makes Ki Adi Mundi more relevant. None of these things are Nostradamus predictions.

What "legend" could they make next that makes sense across the game, lore, and cinema?
    Why did they make Lumi the CotM?
    I've read people stating that KAM's presence will require extra GR-Jedi or updates to current. I'm not sure that is the case. I think CG will rework Mace and/or potentially make another Mace. I mean, they did it with Finn and Poe. Just releasing a new Mace would accommodate the argument that he shouldn't be as bad as he is in-game. They would get to keep the bad one as it is with Endurance, while giving people another decent Mace.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

when
    Probably

Ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited March 2020

I hate to say it but this probably will remain the wisest path. I THINK GL Luke is coming. I THINK It will pull from this path heavily

FTFY
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I still think Phoenix --> EP/Thrawn --> CLS is the best starting path, as much as I hate Phoenix. And CLS remains relevant forever.

Ship-wise, Rebels and Separatists are both great, but for the Separatists to really shine you'll need Malevolence. Unless you find a VERY generous guild that's willing to let you just hang out and soak up Geo TB rewards, you won't have that for quite a while.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I still think Phoenix --> EP/Thrawn --> CLS is the best starting path, as much as I hate Phoenix. And CLS remains relevant forever.

Ship-wise, Rebels and Separatists are both great, but for the Separatists to really shine you'll need Malevolence. Unless you find a VERY generous guild that's willing to let you just hang out and soak up Geo TB rewards, you won't have that for quite a while.
    Ship-wise, Rebels are costly with all their multi-crew ships and lacklustre until/unless you also power up Bounty Hunters to acquire the one true Falcon.

Bugs work just fine under Executrix or Home One and you can drop in Vulture and Hyena as reinforcements when you unlock them.

3 pilots for 5 ships vs minimum 9 pilots for 5 ships (and that's without the one ship that makes them good)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Might also consider that phx and rebels in general are more relevant to newer players, assuming they are in an average low GP guild doing Hoth TBs.

Nice thing is, not a lot of gear is needed to make phx work... maybe throw in one zeta and you're good. And the toons they help you get (thrawn, palp) are still relevant today.

Not a definitive argument, but something to think about.