Padme on defense, which is 1st or is it random?

Graceful Assault or
Cunning Plan?
If I had my pick I'd want her to throw up Cunning Plan 1st. Seems random, and since it is defensive I think that makes it 2nd.

What's your understanding?

Replies

• She almost always uses graceful assault first when I face her.
  • She almost always uses graceful assault first when I face her.

Yeah, it is what she does on autoplay so I figured
  • ...graceful assault for whatever reason...
    It's by no means an accident, I assure you.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Remember Thrawn?

Would actually be nice if, after a toon's time in the meta has long passed, they would make the ai a little better.

I mean I get why they want to give the edge to offense on meta squads, but would be nice for old metas to have a little chance on D.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Remember Thrawn?

Would actually be nice if, after a toon's time in the meta has long passed, they would make the ai a little better.

I mean I get why they want to give the edge to offense on meta squads, but would be nice for old metas to have a little chance on D.

It's really just coming into play with my modding. In 2 weeks I'll have all relic Padme team and can switch to them for Arena. I'm just wondering if I want Padme at 320ish speed or not. If she does the protection up, yes, if not, I'll give the speed to GMY.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Remember Thrawn?

It's really just coming into play with my modding. In 2 weeks I'll have all relic Padme team and can switch to them for Arena. I'm just wondering if I want Padme at 320ish speed or not. If she does the protection up, yes, if not, I'll give the speed to GMY.

You should mod for offense, not defense. Plan on getting beat by sub-par teams...it's part of life.

That being said, it depends who you face. Since you're switching from rebs to padme, I assume you're climbing past JKR into DR territory. Any decent DR squad will probably outspeed you with their BSF so it doesn't make a huge difference. In general speed is good, but worry more about the health of your squad.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Remember Thrawn?

You should mod for offense, not defense. Plan on getting beat by sub-par teams...it's part of life.

That being said, it depends who you face. Since you're switching from rebs to padme, I assume you're climbing past JKR into DR territory. Any decent DR squad will probably outspeed you with their BSF so it doesn't make a huge difference. In general speed is good, but worry more about the health of your squad.

Yeah. I was really hoping I could keep CLS arena and use perfect modding to get close to 100% kill rate on BSF. I will need to drop another 100 of the 6e mod piece to do it. I don't want to. Takes away too much elsewhere to buy those.

We'll see. It's so close though. When I fail I get BSF down to 40% health usually. The +offense on an R7 Han with R2 decked out for offense rises quicklu
  • If you can’t get your GMY above 330ish speed, I’d probably run 3PO instead, once you find yourself up against the sea of DR. If DR out speeds GMY, your opponent will apply mass shock, and GMY always uses battle meditation his first attack, which will be a wasted move.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    She normally does the graceful assault for whatever reason. Stupid AF but welcome to Star Wars Galaxy of the worst AI imaginable.

I think people would be a lot more frustrated if the AI played perfectly.

I think people win more on offense than they should. This is definitely one of the more frustrating ones I see. Padme's ENTIRE kit revolves around protection up and courage. It's shameful she doesn't start her team with exactly that. But yes I know people would be more frustrated and I simply don't care about them. Maybe they should get "gudder".

Ok, so my advice to you then is have 2 mod loadouts for padme, slow for fighting SE and fast for basically everything else.

Not much you can do about her AI on D

I need the whole team at R7 to be competitive for top 20 on my shard