Jango in the KAM mission

Prev1
Eric73
63 posts Member
So apparently Jango not having a cooldown on his conflagration ability is not a bug and working as intended. Surprise mechanics!!! How is that even fair? Especially with the burn glitch.

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Thank you for the follow up thread on this.
    Who confirmed it for you?
    Also agreed, burn glitch kills a run.
    But just think of that pride and accomplishment.
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    EA high command said they checked with the “team”. Who that is, I don’t know. But not only is the burn glitch continuing, Jango can use conflagration every turn completely destroying relic clones almost immediately. @CG_SBCrumb can you please explain why this is not a bug?
  • That’s a messed up bug
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    If the design team intentionally gave the skill a 0 cooldown, then it's by design. If it's by design, it's not a bug.
  • that explains why he didn't burn me at all my time round, used them all on you XD
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    Why would they give it a 0 cooldown? No where in the LSGTB literature does it say Jango has a zero cooldown on his conflagration. He also has a cooldown on his other ability. So why would they just choose conflagration to have zero cooldown?I think this if anything is a bug that they are making a feature for whatever reason.
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    Genpaku408 wrote: »
    that explains why he didn't burn me at all my time round, used them all on you XD

😂😂😂 hopefully it worked out for you

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Modified enemy abilities have always either been explained in the unit description for the TB or as part of the platoon bonuses/reductions each phase.

If it's not listed anywhere I find it hard to believe such a major change to a kit for the sake of a TB is intentional.
  • That's not a bug, CG just turns their mistakes into new features, enjoy.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Eric73 wrote: »
    Why would they give it a 0 cooldown? No where in the LSGTB literature does it say Jango has a zero cooldown on his conflagration. He also has a cooldown on his other ability. So why would they just choose conflagration to have zero cooldown?I think this if anything is a bug that they are making a feature for whatever reason.

Nowhere in the LSGTB literature does it list any cooldowns.

According to HighCommand, the design team says it's intentional. If you choose not to believe that, then why believe anything EA or CG says?
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    All I asked was why does he have no cooldown. From what I noticed all other cooldowns and ability have remained the same as the characters available to us. So why would they intentionally change just one ability on one character?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    All I asked was why does he have no cooldown. From what I noticed all other cooldowns and ability have remained the same as the characters available to us. So why would they intentionally change just one ability on one character?
    He always had zero cooldowns. He’s an event PvE unit so they have special abilities or cooldown and extra mechanics

He’s not the only character that functions differently than all other toons available to us (see elite fives preventing revives in DS GEO TB)
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    He always had zero cooldowns. He’s an event PvE unit so they have special abilities or cooldown and extra mechanics

He’s not the only character that functions differently than all other toons available to us (see elite fives preventing revives in DS GEO TB)
    Jango has a cooldown on his rocket ability, and fives elite ability in DS GTB allows us to read it from the units tab. There’s nothing under Jango’s that addresses no cooldowns on conflagration. I understand units had different abilities in PVE but they give us the information in the units tab.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

The design team doesn't have to explain their rationale for all skills. You're asking about that one because your think it's unfair, but it most likely has to do with difficulty balancing.

If they did it intentionally then by definition it's not a bug.

These forums are the appropriate place to give feedback if we think that design choice is unfair and unpopular. I can pretty much guarantee that posts which include an accusation of lies will not be responded to though.
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

The design team doesn't have to explain their rationale for all skills. You're asking about that one because your think it's unfair, but it most likely has to do with difficulty balancing.

If they did it intentionally then by definition it's not a bug.

These forums are the appropriate place to give feedback if we think that design choice is unfair and unpopular. I can pretty much guarantee that posts which include an accusation of lies will not be responded to though.

Thank you for your input and your guarantees! They mean a lot to me!

I just want to know why this is intentional. My original post of this got shut down and I was directed to post it as a bug. I did so found it’s not a bug and here I am now. As you said this a a place for feedback, so if I knew the why then I can see the bigger picture.

So thank you for you time!
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    @jkray622 you do realize he is trying to get clarification on a mission that unlocks what is supposed to be an amazing Jedi right? So sorry if YOU don’t feel that is important but I sure do.
  • Seems the best bad rng is mine,
    Jango burned me 4 time, so I should rewarded directly with a 7 star, 7reliced kid adi mundi lol.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8w-g5GC3Yg
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    He burned me 3 times back to back. It seems he's burning a lot of players back to back this Territory Battle run, I wonder if something changed. Jango burning back to back was very very rare before this month's TB
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    @Ultra It was my first attempt at the battle and I completed but don’t recall how many times I did get burned. Did that prevent you from finishing the battle?
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    Seems the best bad rng is mine,
    Jango burned me 4 time, so I should rewarded directly with a 7 star, 7reliced kid adi mundi lol.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8w-g5GC3Yg

Ouch that hurt me just watching.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Jml727 wrote: »
    @jkray622 you do realize he is trying to get clarification on a mission that unlocks what is supposed to be an amazing Jedi right? So sorry if YOU don’t feel that is important but I sure do.

He's asking for Crumb to explain why it's not a bug. It was designed this way, therefore it's not a bug. Fairly simple answer.

There's not really any clarification to give. Is it an important mission? Yes. Are players able to complete it, despite the horrible burn bug? Yes - I'm 3/3 so far in fact.

But regardless of how people feel about the importance of the mission, demanding irrelevant details doesn't seem particularly value added.
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    Congratulations on going 3/3. Super happy for you. While you may think it’s irrelevant information some of us do not.
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    I have a really big cookie for you...again you speak for everyone? Glad you had success. Hope your life is all success.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Congratulations on going 3/3. Super happy for you. While you may think it’s irrelevant information some of us do not.

Please tell me how understanding why the devs chose to make the Conflagration cooldown 0 will impact you or your ability to complete the mission?

It could be because the mission was too easy without, or because they hate players. Either way the knowledge has 0 impact on your gameplay.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @jkray622 I don't see how seeking clarification from the devs about why there's zero cooldown on an ability with no unit text in the TB details is "demanding irrelevant details".
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @jkray622 I don't see how seeking clarification from the devs about why there's zero cooldown on an ability with no unit text in the TB details is "demanding irrelevant details".

And I don't see how the devs explanation will impact anyone, period. Please help me understand how an answer will change something.
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    Probably because they changed something that impacts paying customers. Is a consumer not allowed to ask about a product?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Probably because they changed something that impacts paying customers. Is a consumer not allowed to ask about a product?
    Its always been 0 cooldown since the launch of TB
  • Jml727
    114 posts Member
    Agreed, I would just want to know.