GAC joining accidentally

Sapnil90
182 posts Member
edited March 2020
Ok...so hands up if you have had the same problem where you've tried to click review and accidentally hit the join button, or just genuinely are a bit quick with your fingers and joined GAC without doing the necessary upgrades to your characters? 🙋🏽‍♂️ Seriously is very annoying and all CG have to do is either of the following...

1. Add an extra message saying "Are you want to do this?"
2. Add a separate join button.
3. Do what they do in TW and give u the option of joining and leaving whenever you want. If they want they can put a count on how many times you are allowed to leave and join...

Which one would you pick guys? Comment and let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• DadKev
    314 posts Member
    No.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's not about the player choice, the dev team have stated they cannot add a leave button as it would mess up the matchmaking, so that is just not an option.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Alternatively they could fix their bug in roster lock so that roster lock could actually happen by the end of the sign-up phase (as the in-game count down indicates).
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's not about the player choice, the dev team have stated they cannot add a leave button as it would mess up the matchmaking, so that is just not an option.

And you believe them?

I normally give the devs the benefit of the doubt but this is ludicrous. They can hardly start matchmaking when you join as your opponents haven't yet. Matchmaking can only meaningfully happen when all entrants are known, that is only known at lock hence leaving and rejoining makes zero difference. Even if they do some sort of grouping early (which I highly ddoubt) they could have a leave option up until some time beforehand.

Add to which they do it for TW.
  • Kyno wrote: »

If that excuse were true, it would also mess up the matchmaking if we all joined a second before the time runs out. Since that's a real possibility – more and more players join at the last minute now that roster snapshots are taken at signup – I have a hard time imagining that any matchmaking or division assignment takes place during the signup period. It would be asking for trouble to code it this way.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Alternatively they could fix their bug in roster lock so that roster lock could actually happen by the end of the sign-up phase (as the in-game count down indicates).

I think the easier option is to just remove the countdown clock.

That would prevent confusion but it doesn't solve the basic problem.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    thomssi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

And you believe them?

I normally give the devs the benefit of the doubt but this is ludicrous. They can hardly start matchmaking when you join as your opponents haven't yet. Matchmaking can only meaningfully happen when all entrants are known, that is only known at lock hence leaving and rejoining makes zero difference. Even if they do some sort of grouping early (which I highly ddoubt) they could have a leave option up until some time beforehand.

Add to which they do it for TW.

It makes sense to do most of the matchmaking during the sign-up phase instead of doing it all during those few minutes between sign-up and setup phases.

• I believe then that they can add an "Are you sure?" Message because that will prevent accidental button pushes. Or as said above just remove countdown clock.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2020

I think the easier option is to just remove the countdown clock.

That would prevent confusion but it doesn't solve the basic problem.

Which is?

This:
    ... their bug in roster lock [...] by the end of the sign-up phase....

The current design is just a work-around to avoid that bug.