Prev13
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited March 2020
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
h3fmb56zhkpk.jpg

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Today, we’re excited to begin rolling out the new Version Update that introduces Galactic Legends. Per our normal roll out procedure, the build will become available to all players over the next 24 hours or so. Once approximately 24 hours has passed, players will be required to update if they haven’t done so already. The Galactic Legends events will be available with the release of the required Update (~3/25/2020).

GALACTIC LEGENDS:

Introduced back in December with the Journey Guide, Rey and Supreme Leader Kylo are the first two Galactic Legends units to come to the holotables. Deeply inspired by Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Galactic Legends feature amazing new Ultimate Abilities and are some of the strongest units ever in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Galactic Legends have many unique attributes that set them apart from other characters in the game. These characters have a broad set of synergies based on their alignment, but you are restricted to only one Galactic Legend per squad. In general, Galactic Legends will have higher base stats than other characters and their non-Ultimate abilities only have 3 tiers of upgrades. Galactic Legends will also interact with Mastery, which both Rey and Supreme Leader Kylo provide their squad at the start of battle but can also be increased through upgrading Relics.
o7wntu9dqiys.pngux0zvp2869zl.png

Kylo can even steal this Mastery from the opposing squad (including units without Relics) and become even stronger every turn he takes but one of the most unique parts of Galactic Legends has to be their Ultimate Abilities!

ULTIMATE ABILITIES:

Ultimate Abilities are some of the strongest, most thematic character abilities and these two are especially influenced by the character development in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Unlike other character abilities, Ultimate Abilities charge up over the course of battle and are unlocked at their maximum power without levels of upgrades. You earn the Ultimate Ability materials needed to unlock these abilities by playing the final tier of the Galactic Ascension events.
25tkws2nb87l.png

EVENT DETAILS:

Once you’ve completed the prerequisites for a Galactic Legend, the Galactic Ascension event will appear for that character with the release of the required Update tomorrow. These events are not time limited and stay open once you qualify for them. Inspired by events of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the Galactic Ascension events for Rey and Supreme Leader Kylo Ren present the characters and environments that evoke key battles and duels from the movie.

As you experience moments from the movie through the eyes of Rey and Kylo Ren and explore their Force Dyad connection, you’ll earn character shards for that event’s Galactic Legend and other great rewards.

By playing Light and Dark side battles, you’ll earn the respective Light and Dark side event tickets to be able to play in the Galactic Ascension events (Rey = Light; Supreme Leader Kylo = Dark). These tickets become available once you qualify for the respective event and turn off once you have acquired all rewards from the event. Once all rewards from the event are collected, the event is still available to play without tickets or rewards.
9zsc817z4cl0.pngmjpy8x8jl59d.png

While many of our past events are experienced as quick bursts of excitement, we are trying a new approach with Galactic Ascension. The excitement of these events is integrated into daily play over a longer course of time with agency over how fast to progress.

The early tiers of the Galactic Ascension events use your Kylo Ren (Unmasked) or Rey (Jedi Training), but with their appearance altered for the event. Once you unlock the Galactic Legends, they are used in the later tiers of the event to earn additional rewards including the materials for their Ultimate. Note that the opposing Galactic Legend you are facing in Tiers 4-6 will have more upgrades as you progress into later tiers.

These events also showcase a new type of battle - the duel. The Force Dyad between Rey and Supreme Leader Kylo Ren was a perfect motivation for us to try new mechanics to highlight epic duels in our game. These mechanics are designed to create an engaging 1-on-1 experience that challenges players in a new and unexpected way compared to our traditional battle experience.
me8c8did6al6.png

CHANGES

While the Galactic Ascensions events won’t appear immediately, there are a couple of quality of life changes that will go live when you download the latest client in the next 24 hours. The majority of changes will be in tomorrow’s required Update.
  • [Quality of Life] - Added the ability to sell Mods from the Upgrade screen
  • [Quality of Life] - Updated notification on Events table to properly reflect unseen Events

DEV POST

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The difference between the new character models and the current models is like comparing 60 frames per second to 30
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Crumb, can you share how many event tickets we need to attempt each tier? After what tier can we unlock and activate Galactic Legends?
  • Have I understood it correctly that when I have prerequisite 1/4 I can start earning tickets and shards?
  • here they are...

but when will they be with me? 😬
  • Just a question to clearify things:

Your SOTG post march 2020 said the following:

„As we’ve mentioned, Galactic Legends unlock at 7 stars, but unlike many other events, you don’t need to reach the final tier of the event to achieve this. You’ll receive enough character shards to activate each
    Galactic Legends partway through their event, however you still need to complete their entire event to unlock their full power - their ultimate ability.“

I thought it means we can unlock the GL without even meet the prerequisites for the final tear.

The post right here says:

„Once you’ve completed the prerequisites for a Galactic Legend, the Galactic Ascension event will appear for that character with the release of the required Update tomorrow.“ which kind of applies that you need to meet ALL the prerequisites (including last tier) to even be able to play the event thus unlocking the GL.

So which is it?

1. you can unlock the GL without meeting the prerequisite of the last tier but will not be able to unlock the ultimate ability

OR

2. you need to meet every prerequisite including last tier to even play the event. So unlocking GL and unlocking the ultimate ability would need the same prerequisites
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Have I understood it correctly that when I have prerequisite 1/4 I can start earning tickets and shards?
    You need to complete all 13 prerequisites to start earning tickets
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    wrote:
    [...] the build will become available to all players over the next 24 hours or so. [...]
    Or so?
    Even you don't know the correct time?
    Disappointing

or is it

I'm assuming it's an app store thing. Not sure why this would disappoint anyone.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    wrote:
    [...] the build will become available to all players over the next 24 hours or so. [...]
    Or so?
    Even you don't know the correct time?
    Disappointing
    Now you’re just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Hero Poe still not farmable. It's official that the game is now a pay to play
  • Jenjhys wrote: »

"Now"?

It's been p2p/p2w since JKR a year and a half ago.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Travesty wrote: »
    Jenjhys wrote: »

"Now"?

For you, maybe.

I was beating JKR with CLS.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Travesty wrote: »
    Jenjhys wrote: »

"Now"?

I was able to get JKR F2P

A lot of players were able to. It was a lot easier back when it was 8 sims per attempt
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I’m ready let’s light this candle curious to see how tickets will work and how many refreshes in a day will be needed to complete quickly or If this will be a long haul ticket farm.
  • Just a question to clearify things:

„As we’ve mentioned, Galactic Legends unlock at 7 stars, but unlike many other events, you don’t need to reach the final tier of the event to achieve this. You’ll receive enough character shards to activate each
    Galactic Legends partway through their event, however you still need to complete their entire event to unlock their full power - their ultimate ability.“

I thought it means we can unlock the GL without even meet the prerequisites for the final tear.

„Once you’ve completed the prerequisites for a Galactic Legend, the Galactic Ascension event will appear for that character with the release of the required Update tomorrow.“ which kind of applies that you need to meet ALL the prerequisites (including last tier) to even be able to play the event thus unlocking the GL.

So which is it?

1. you can unlock the GL without meeting the prerequisite of the last tier but will not be able to unlock the ultimate ability

OR

2. you need to meet every prerequisite including last tier to even play the event. So unlocking GL and unlocking the ultimate ability would need the same prerequisites

The prerequisites are for the whole event. You can't access the event (any tier) without meeting the prerequisites.

The first several tiers are to earn shards, the last tier is to earn ultimate ability materials, if I understand correctly.
  • I'm genuinely excited to try this content out. I hope that it lives up to the months of expectation but even if it doesn't I'm glad.to see something new happening.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I’m also wondering, if these toons to start will just be buffer to already passable content and will be a quick trip to the top of arena, or if there will be legit new content requiring these toons and if so will the rewards be worth it to force people to grind it out.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Just a question to clearify things:

So which is it?

OR

It’s not hard, you need all the prerequisites to open the event, but you do not need to clear the entire event to unlock them.

I’m thinking that you will need to unlock and gear the GL’s to r7 before you will be able to beat the last stages.
  • Polinski08
    88 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    You can always quit and walk away? Dont get me wrong, other than 30 mins a day for dailies and arena, there isnt much to do. Even with these new toons, still so much more needed. Sandbox mode that is 100% free and no rewards. It is at least something.
  • So when is RH poe supposed to drop to the tables since he’s still not farmable...
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Just a question to clearify things:

So which is it?

OR

I assume they meant that as you need to farm event tickets per tier and I’m guessing you aren’t guaranteed to win.
  • Translation...
    For those Krakens that have spent a few thousand dollars upgrading to get to this point, tomorrow's release is for you.
    The rest of you that have waited for countless months while we talk about "new content" will receive the ability to sell mods easier and a new pack to purchase. Oh...and here's a new tier of ewoks to battle. Enjoy!
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I will be ready for 1 GL maybe in 6 months.
    To get the 2nd one will be another 6-12 months. But is there any point to get both ?
    One should be enough to climb in arena
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    To get the 2nd one will be another 6-12 months. But is there any point to get both ?
    GAC, TB

Most importantly, both Galactic Legends will be important for the upcoming raid (since it will be tuned for r7 and very difficult with all the current toons accounted for), and to score high against other guild members, it helps to have an advantage
  • Ultra wrote: »
    GAC, TB

Most importantly, both Galactic Legends will be important for the upcoming raid (since it will be tuned for r7 and very difficult with all the current toons accounted for), and to score high against other guild members, it helps to have an advantage

Oh that will be a fun matchmaking nightmare. Getting matched up with someone who has one or both GL. If they’re as powerful as they’re advertising then they need to make sure that you don’t get paired with someone who has both and you neither
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    GAC, TB

Oh that will be a fun matchmaking nightmare. Getting matched up with someone who has one or both GL. If they’re as powerful as they’re advertising then they need to make sure that you don’t get paired with someone who has both and you neither

Well if there's no advantage to getting them why would anyone spend the money and/or resources?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    GAC, TB

That's incentive enough for you to work towards getting one yourself. Everyone says the GL aren't worth the bloating of weak characters, this is the trade off others worked towards

It remains to be seen on how these team work in GAC since you have multiple attempts to attack these toons (Take out Kylo's allies in first attempt, Kylo himself in the second)

Not sure why its ok to take advantage of these players with relic rose while you have better relic toons, but not ok when they have a strong character

GLs will have 6 zetas and Ultimate abilities, so its safe to assume this toon on its own will have a HUGE GP, so if your top 80 ends up matching a GL owner, it means you have a lot of strong roster depth to make up for the deficit in your top 80
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Its rare that i agree with Ultra but i do on this one...
  • They look good. I am still working on GS, so I will get Rey in a year, maybe. and who knows how long for kylo.

It will give me time to G13 and fully zeta them. I am just glad there is no GEC/2 involved in starring them.